-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Rush
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
hopefulapplicant97
Full Member
Complete 7/31 and got the still under review email on 9/12. Haven't heard anything since......ahh!!!!!!!!!
In the same boat [emoji28]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pre-II R today. OOS, LM 69, complete late July, sent an update a few weeks ago. Good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II received yesterday, OOS but lived in IL 22 years. Will be withdrawing my app tho, best of luck y’all!
Congrats to those receiving II! What dates are still available for interviews?
Pre-II R this morning, LM 67, OOS with no ties to the area. Good luck everyone!
When were you complete?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
7/22 and received their update email on 9/12When were you complete?
hopefulapplicant97
Full Member
I withdrew my application after getting the II. I hope one of y'all gets the interview spot!
Hopefully it’s coming my way would love to interview here[emoji7]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
D
deleted1011020
Pre-II R today. OOS, LM 69, complete late July, sent an update a few weeks ago. Good luck everyone!
Pre-II R as well.
LM 65 URM
OOS
Submission: 10/1
Rejected: 1/29
Good luck everyone.
Chicago/Illinois isnt showing me any love I guess 🙁
They're clearly in no Rush..Waiting anxiously......
D
deleted981042
Also pre-II R this morning, LM 67, OOS with no ties to the area... complete 9/8!
Interviewed here today and thought the school was phenomenal. Quite a long/busy day, but preferred it a lot more than other some schools that make you just sit in a room for like 1-2 hours for your interview and then chuck you out. Also one of the chillest applicant groups I've met so far this cycle.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II R yesterday. Complete 09/03, OOS, didn’t send update letter. Good luck to everyone.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
ruins16
Full Member
Felt the same way during my interview in september! Best of luck!Interviewed here today and thought the school was phenomenal. Quite a long/busy day, but preferred it a lot more than other some schools that make you just sit in a room for like 1-2 hours for your interview and then chuck you out. Also one of the chillest applicant groups I've met so far this cycle.
Don’t do that. That’s a cardinal sin.Has anyone had experience with calling or emailing the admissions office at Rush for a status update?
D
deleted850921
I was gonna say the same thing, but didn’t someone just post on the Loyola thread that they want to see interest through checking portal/contacting the office and whatnot. I figure it’s school dependent(?) But idkDon’t do that. That’s a cardinal sin.
Is this post interview or preinterview? If its post interview, at least with my group, they told us very plainly when to expect a result.Has anyone had experience with calling or emailing the admissions office at Rush for a status update?
Has there been any recent WL movement? Also should we anticipate WL movement when Feb. 19th rolls around?
medstudentneedshelp
Full Member
Ive been complete since July and still haven't heard anything, does anyone know how long rush will continue to interviewer for?
Has there been any recent WL movement? Also should we anticipate WL movement when Feb. 19th rolls around?
Someone please correct me if they remember differently, but I think from my interview day (this past week) that they told us something like "we actively look at the waitlist, but you won't be likely to get pulled off it before April." They also informed us that as of this week, ~200 acceptances had been given out.
Anyone know how to find out why they were given a Further Consideration and what to do at this point?
Highly doubt they will tell you why (at least while the cycle is active), but I remember Jill telling us explicitly that the further consideration status is preferable to the WL, although it can still result in a WL decision later on.
hellofuturedocs
Full Member
Ive been complete since July and still haven't heard anything, does anyone know how long rush will continue to interviewer for?
Rush interviews until the end of February. There are 4 interview days left.
Is further consideration the same thing as active consideration?Highly doubt they will tell you why (at least while the cycle is active), but I remember Jill telling us explicitly that the further consideration status is preferable to the WL, although it can still result in a WL decision later on.
Is further consideration the same thing as active consideration?
I believe so. I think there’s only 4 things you can hear post interview: (A, active/further consideration, WL, and R)
Did anyone hear decisions today from
Interview date 1/15
Interview date 1/15
stealthowl
New Member
Did anyone hear decisions today from
Interview date 1/15
Hi there. I also interviewed on 1/15 and yesterday, 1/31, I was put under “active consideration” via email. While I’m glad to be updated so soon post-interview this was certainly a cryptic initial response! Rush really impressed me on Recruitment Day so I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed. Did you hear anyhthing?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hang in there, Ive been in this waiting cycle before. Last year I was Wl'ed at 5 schools and never made it in, this year I was accepted to everywhere I interviewed before making my final decision on RMC. Its a terribly stressful process and could use some revamping across the board but keep at it and you will get to where you need to go! I actually applied to Rush with my last $100 dollars as a total reach school and they accepted me, it is way better than all the programs that waitlisted me last year, sometimes good things come to those who wait! Best of luck everyone
hopefuldoc1133
Full Member
That's super encouraging! Congrats on the acceptance. I was offered an interview the other day- what makes this program better from others in your opinion?Hang in there, Ive been in this waiting cycle before. Last year I was Wl'ed at 5 schools and never made it in, this year I was accepted to everywhere I interviewed before making my final decision on RMC. Its a terribly stressful process and could use some revamping across the board but keep at it and you will get to where you need to go! I actually applied to Rush with my last $100 dollars as a total reach school and they accepted me, it is way better than all the programs that waitlisted me last year, sometimes good things come to those who wait! Best of luck everyone
For starters, in their interview day they seem to be excited that you are attending as opposed to many schools who treat it like they are doing you a favor. Additionally, I loved their curriculum with the flipped classroom, having done it for my masters, I definitely learn better that way.That's super encouraging! Congrats on the acceptance. I was offered an interview the other day- what makes this program better from others in your opinion?
also it seemed like they actually wanted to get to know me and came to the interview ready to go with questions to ask. It also appeared that the structures that the medical school put in place for admissions were well though out and help to curate the atmosphere that they will talk at length about during the recruitment day.
good luck on the interview
D
deleted894256
What are people’s thoughts on post-II thank you notes here? I feel like there’s a fine line between giving the admissions another thing to deal with and being courteous
What are people’s thoughts on post-II thank you notes here? I feel like there’s a fine line between giving the admissions another thing to deal with and being courteous
Thank you notes are never a bad thing. But there’s a very low likelihood it’s going to change anything. Many schools give the thank you notes out at the end of the season. It will have 0 impact on your final decision.
What are people’s thoughts on post-II thank you notes here? I feel like there’s a fine line between giving the admissions another thing to deal with and being courteous
The folder had instructions regarding how they wanted them to be sent, so I wouldn't say they're opposed to them.
medstudentneedshelp
Full Member
anybody complete since July and still hasn't heard anything? I know they sent out mass pre-II rejects but I havent received anything.
Anyone know how many more interviews they are having?
hopefulapplicant97
Full Member
anybody complete since July and still hasn't heard anything? I know they sent out mass pre-II rejects but I havent received anything.
I’m in the same boat
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anyone know how many more interviews they are having?
Their website said they interview until February, so probably not many
Meera9
Full Member
+1anybody complete since July and still hasn't heard anything? I know they sent out mass pre-II rejects but I havent received anything.
I JUST GOT MY FIRST INTERVIEW INVITE RIGHT NOW I’M CRYING AND SHAKING
PS dates if anyone is wondering: Feb 12, 19, and 26th. I think these are the last 3 cus I saw nothing in March and it says their interviews end in February!
medschooldreamz
Full Member
II this afternoon, complete late July
Only had 2/19 and 2/26 available
Only had 2/19 and 2/26 available
emoryundergrad2020
Full Member
Anyone heard anything yet post Active Consideration notification? I interviewed on 1/8
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I JUST GOT MY FIRST INTERVIEW INVITE RIGHT NOW I’M CRYING AND SHAKING
CONGRATS! I've been silently rooting for you from the sidelines this cycle haha. You're going to love it. I fell in love with Rush on interview day and I'm sure you will too.
Omgggg this makes me wanna cry I feel so loved from my anonymous internet friends 😍 thank you so much!!! I’m super excited about this school I always loved their mission and I can’t wait to interview here!CONGRATS! I've been silently rooting for you from the sidelines this cycle haha. You're going to love it. I fell in love with Rush on interview day and I'm sure you will too.
Omgggg this makes me wanna cry I feel so loved from my anonymous internet friends 😍 thank you so much!!! I’m super excited about this school I always loved their mission and I can’t wait to interview here!
No matter what happens, if you are accepted to rush, get another II elsewhere, or have to reapply. You should always remember that at least one MD school read your application and thought, this person could be a student here and I want to meet them.
This was seriously what I had been praying for this whole cycle!! Just wanted one school to want to meet me, no matter what I am so beyond grateful and excited for this opportunityNo matter what happens, if you are accepted to rush, get another II elsewhere, or have to reapply. You should always remember that at least one MD school read your application and thought, this person could be a student here and I want to meet them.
D
deleted1009711
II! Deciding on which date, damn its so late in the cycle it's amazing they sent that.