You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Rush
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+2Complete early July and haven't heard anything back. Anyone in this same situation?
Complete 7/13 and got a ' we're still working on it' email today.Complete early July and haven't heard anything back. Anyone in this same situation?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HOLY BALONEY. Woke up to an II!!! This is one of my dream schools
LM 67, IS ORM from CA. Complete 7/23
EDIT: Also, I got the "Update email" a few days before getting the II. So it's definitely not a HOLD email!
LM 67, IS ORM from CA. Complete 7/23
EDIT: Also, I got the "Update email" a few days before getting the II. So it's definitely not a HOLD email!
Last edited:
Congrats!
II this morning! LM ~67. I received this invite after getting the 'working on it' email a few days ago. I definitely thought that was a hold! What a relief!
Congrats! When were you complete if you don’t mind me asking?II this morning! LM ~67. I received this invite after getting the 'working on it' email a few days ago. I definitely thought that was a hold! What a relief!
Congrats! When were you complete if you don’t mind me asking?
I was complete 7/29
Edit: Thank you!!
Last edited:
What dates were available october?
What dates were available october?
Every Wednesday in October!
Submitted everything by 7/15. However, my last (late) letter didn't come in until 8/20. Would I be "complete" on 7/15 or 8/20? Dumb question I know haha
8/20Submitted everything by 7/15. However, my last (late) letter didn't come in until 8/20. Would I be "complete" on 7/15 or 8/20? Dumb question I know haha
If it was a required letter, then 8/20.Submitted everything by 7/15. However, my last (late) letter didn't come in until 8/20. Would I be "complete" on 7/15 or 8/20? Dumb question I know haha
That’s not necessarily true, if you had indicated a letter was coming on amcas whether it was required or not you still wouldn’t be complete.If it was a required letter, then 8/20.
That’s not necessarily true, if you had indicated a letter was coming on amcas whether it was required or not you still wouldn’t be complete.
IF you added the letter request on amcas after you were already complete at the schoo you would be complete. But if the outstanding letter request was there all along you are complete when the letter is submitted.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ahh hoping it'd have been 7/15 lol. Oh well, nothing I can do to fix it. It was required as it was my last science letter unfortunately.
I'm hoping they'll see I wasn't lazy, careless, etc. and maybe see I was proactive. Things out of my control.
Next question: am I considered "late" because of it? Some sources say "no" just cause it wasn't based on my end of the work. Others say "yes."
I'm hoping they'll see I wasn't lazy, careless, etc. and maybe see I was proactive. Things out of my control.
Next question: am I considered "late" because of it? Some sources say "no" just cause it wasn't based on my end of the work. Others say "yes."
Depends on a lot of factors. If you are a strong stay applicant that has thousands of hours of extensive service experience then no.is it too late to apply to this school?
Correct second partHas there been a wave of rejections at all yet? Or is everyone sitting in silence/hold/II territory
Does anyone who interviewed at RUSH last week want to comment on how their experience went?
Wow, I am interviewing on October 2nd, and this looks really promising. Anyone who interviewed here recently want to comment on the overall day? I know you sign NDA's but just looking for more of an overview.those curious about post II acceptances:
2017 data:
2018 data:
1001 IS 119 IS II 78 IS A 46 IS mat 4346 OOS 323 OOS II 231 OOS A 90 OOS mat 65.5% IS post-II A 71.5% OOS post-II A
1088 IS 101 IS II 71 IS A 51 IS mat 5096 OOS 348 OOS II 236 OOS A 93 OOS mat 70.3% IS post-II A 67.8% OOS post-II A
Also, I applied for the student hosting program, but still no reply on that. Anyone else experience this?
And how long after the interview do you think they will take to get back to us?
Anyone else get a “still under consideration” email?? What does that mean..
+1Anyone else get a “still under consideration” email?? What does that mean..
it means you are still under consideration. it is not a hold or a rejection. you are in the running for an II!Anyone else get a “still under consideration” email?? What does that mean..
doctor_coffee
Full Member
Opened my email to the "we're working on your application email". Reading the first half of the first sentence "Thank you for submitting...", my mind went to "but unfortunately" automatically and thought it was a R
Can anyone explain the difference between the faculty and administrative interview? I know the administrative is with an ADCOM but do they know anything about us is it open file too?
@google12
clarification question on your sig: how did you attend a .5 of an interview (IA-0.5)?
not him, but Stryker does a phone interview before actual II.
Got the "we're still working on it" e-mail yesterday morning. Anyone know if this is any type of indicator? Rush is one of my top picks so knowing I'm still in the running is a little re-assuring!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
GloballyMed
Full Member
Just like what the Email says- they are still working on your app. Hence, you are still being considered. Someone did mention that they received an II after having received the same Email a few days before.Got the "we're still working on it" e-mail yesterday morning. Anyone know if this is any type of indicator? Rush is one of my top picks so knowing I'm still in the running is a little re-assuring!
D
deleted770098
Anyone know if Rush is receptive to post-interview update/LOI? Rush is my top choice going in, and the interview day affirmed it for me. But I don’t want to seem like I’m brown nosing our something.
Anyone know if Rush is receptive to post-interview update/LOI? Rush is my top choice going in, and the interview day affirmed it for me. But I don’t want to seem like I’m brown nosing our something.
I interviewed yesterday. Specifically asked if they were open to an update post interview. She said no, save updates for if you are wait listed. At this point it would t change anything and would be a waste. This was the director of admissions m.
I interviewed yesterday. Specifically asked if they were open to an update post interview. She said no, save updates for if you are wait listed. At this point it would t change anything and would be a waste. This was the director of admissions m.
How did you like the school?
Its pretty breath taking. I don't want to get my hopes up-- but everyone is so nice, from the students to the faculty, and the two hospitals are just like nothing I have seen before. Having access to rush and STROGER right accross the street is worth going on those merits alone.How did you like the school?
is it recommended to send an update/LOI to Rush if you have not yet received an II?I interviewed yesterday. Specifically asked if they were open to an update post interview. She said no, save updates for if you are wait listed. At this point it would t change anything and would be a waste. This was the director of admissions m.
This is the first year they are allowing updates period-- last year they kinda did if u were active consideration/waitlist post II.is it recommended to send an update/LOI to Rush if you have not yet received an II?
I have to imagine that it really isn't going to have any bearing pre-II since they have never really done it that way. But what is the harm if you don't have a II yet? Worst case it just never gets looked at.
Welp, I didn't know this. Had already sent off my update detailing a new publication to Rush hoping it would remind them of my app. 🙁This is the first year they are allowing updates period-- last year they kinda did if u were active consideration/waitlist post II.
I have to imagine that it really isn't going to have any bearing pre-II since they have never really done it that way. But what is the harm if you don't have a II yet? Worst case it just never gets looked at.
I would also add to the update conversation that both the complete email and “update on your application status” email which many of us received state using the update portal if we wished to provide updates. I feel like they’re stating they want to know about what we are doing / if we’re doing anything new. And if they don’t like them, it’s kind of on them because they stated we could use the update portal to keep them updated.
Dr boyd is dean of admissions. This was the director of admissions. Also — it was on my interview day so has no bearing to people sending updates pre - II but she said save post II updates for if u need it after decision. She said it would be wasting it at that point before u get a decision.Was this Dr. Boyd or someone else?
"if u need it after decision. She said it would be wasting it at that point before u get a decision. "Dr boyd is dean of admissions. This was the director of admissions. Also — it was on my interview day so has no bearing to people sending updates pre - II but she said save post II updates for if u need it after decision. She said it would be wasting it at that point before u get a decision.
Does this mean that it would be a waste to send in an update before a decision is made on their end after you have interviewed? I am thinking why send in an update after they have emailed you their decision if you are rejected? (I would assume someone who is accepted would send an update as there is no need)
"if u need it after decision. She said it would be wasting it at that point before u get a decision. "
Does this mean that it would be a waste to send in an update before a decision is made on their end after you have interviewed? I am thinking why send in an update after they have emailed you their decision if you are rejected? (I would assume someone who is accepted would send an update as there is no need)
Not if you get rejected, but maybe useful if you get waitlisted.
It’s a waste because they encourage updates if you are on the waitlist or under active consideration and she said they wouldn’t look at it when making the initial decision."if u need it after decision. She said it would be wasting it at that point before u get a decision. "
Does this mean that it would be a waste to send in an update before a decision is made on their end after you have interviewed? I am thinking why send in an update after they have emailed you their decision if you are rejected? (I would assume someone who is accepted would send an update as there is no need)
For those who got a II: Did you guys get the email that everyone got?
I did! And got a II just a day or 2 later..
emoryundergrad2020
Full Member
When were you complete?I did! And got a II just a day or 2 later..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When were you complete?
8/1
Interviewing On October 2nd! Anyone who has already interviewed/current students have any advice/tips? How was the overall day?
Just know your story!Interviewing On October 2nd! Anyone who has already interviewed/current students have any advice/tips? How was the overall day?
what time approximately did it end? it doesnt say on the websiteIts such a chill interview day. If I could change anything I’d probably have a napkin/something to wipe my face with because I was sweating during my interview. It’s a little warm inside + after walking around on the tour you’ll probably be sweating too (which isn’t great if you have an afternoon interview)
4pmwhat time approximately did it end? it doesnt say on the website