2019-2020 Seton Hall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
For people that have received an email. Did you guys get rejected pre-ii prior to receiving this "still interested to interview" email again?

For people that have received an email. Did you guys get rejected pre-ii prior to receiving this "still interested to interview" email again?
No I didn’t get that email, the last email I got from them was in like October saying my application passed the preliminary review

For folks that interviewed but haven’t heard back still, given the Dean’s “if you’re here you’re qualified for admission and today is a chance to get to know each other” statement on interview day, I’m wondering your thoughts on the school lining up for a round of June interviews with a little over 4 weeks till classes start: Think they’ll make offers to all us before new interviews? Think we’re in the R pile but they’re holding their cards for now? ...

I haven't heard back from Seton Hall since October, and seeing as I have committed to enroll at another school I am withdrawing my application pre-II. To those of you still waiting, may the odds be ever in your favor.

Reactions: 2 users
Was just offered an interview for Monday :pika:

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know anything about parking? Do we have to pay to park? If we do, where do we apply and how much does it cost?

Does anyone know anything about parking? Do we have to pay to park? If we do, where do we apply and how much does it cost?
If you’re asking for students, it’s through the SHU portal and it’s about 450 a year

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! Was your interview virtual and how was it?
I actually declined and they emailed and asked if I would reconsider (which felt a lil weird but I digress). It would've been 30 min virtual with the dean

Reactions: 1 user
They called me again today and asked if I would interview :thinkies: I'm very confused by this process

They called me again today and asked if I would interview :thinkies: I'm very confused by this process
Damn that's odd... I'm pretty desperate for the interview if u wanna put in a good word lol

I missed a call from them last week and was told to call back to speak with the dean. I called back and he wasn't available so I was asked a time that I would be available to be called back. I was never called back. I was also sent an email asking for a time that I would be available. I replied but still haven't heard back.

I had someone from admissions call me on Saturday after I responded yes to their consideration email. My interview is tomorrow via Microsoft team. She said it would be a "group interview", but that I would have a one-on-one 30 minute interview. I guess I'll see what it's like tomorrow.

Does anyone know how big this class is supposed to be?

I had someone from admissions call me on Saturday after I responded yes to their consideration email. My interview is tomorrow via Microsoft team. She said it would be a "group interview", but that I would have a one-on-one 30 minute interview. I guess I'll see what it's like tomorrow.
Interview was a full 30 minutes, virtual. Spent 5 minutes small talking and then my interviewer started asking pretty standard traditional interview questions. Very simple and straight forward. Had 5 minutes left at the end for my own questions. Overall a stress free interview!

has anyone heard from admissions how much longer they'll be conducting interviews? i've had no luck this cycle, have't been rejected from SOM yet and it's been my top choice for a while. I'm considering calling admissions and asking if I can send an update with my improved GPA and transcript, but I'm not sure if that would be too pushy

Dean of admissions called me this morning to follow up on my interview. He said they decided to add a couple more seats to this year's class and that fortunately gave me a chance. Apparently I was on the waitlist? I'm not sure how many seats are left now.

Dean of admissions called me this morning to follow up on my interview. He said they decided to add a couple more seats to this year's class and that fortunately gave me a chance. Apparently I was on the waitlist? I'm not sure how many seats are left now.
If you don't mind me asking, what number are you contacting the dean of admissions with? I have been trying to talk to someone from the school but all the numbers I try go to voicemail.

If you don't mind me asking, what number are you contacting the dean of admissions with? I have been trying to talk to someone from the school but all the numbers I try go to voicemail.
The caller id showed (551) 996-2000, which is the main phone number from the university medical center, not the school. So I think the Dean might've been calling from his office there.

The caller id showed (551) 996-2000, which is the main phone number from the university medical center, not the school. So I think the Dean might've been calling from his office there.
Did the interview ever end up being a group interview or was it 1 on 1, and also, did the dean call to tell you that you were accepted? if so congrats! :)

Did the interview ever end up being a group interview or was it 1 on 1, and also, did the dean call to tell you that you were accepted? if so congrats! :)
The interview was purely 1-on-1. Just a video call with the interviewer. And I just got the acceptance call today! Thanks :)

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed 6/9 and just got the acceptance call! How do I find the FB/group me threads for accepted students?

Congrats to everyone just accepted :) Does anyone know if there's a small chance that they're still offering interviews?

got an email saying that my official transcripts needed to be sent to admissions. just confused because my official transcripts were sent with my application last june? i graduated last may anyways so nothing has changed. is this normal to have to send them again?

got an email saying that my official transcripts needed to be sent to admissions. just confused because my official transcripts were sent with my application last june? i graduated last may anyways so nothing has changed. is this normal to have to send them again?
They made me send them again after I emailed them saying something similar. They say they don’t have it on file or something.

Anyone else get that email in the beginning of June about a possible interview, responding yes, and then not hearing anything else? Should I call admissions and ask if they are still giving interviews?

A warning to anyone applying- the school will nickel and dime you. So far, on top of our tuition, we've been told that we have to pay for our own drug testing, stethoscope, hammer, parking, and submitting own immunization records to a third party for this year and for every year after. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if we had to pay for our own scrubs.

Anyone else get that email in the beginning of June about a possible interview, responding yes, and then not hearing anything else? Should I call admissions and ask if they are still giving interviews?
Same! I tried calling the phone number in the emails seton hall has sent thus far but all of the numbers are going to voicemail. If any accepted students have a number they use to contact admission successfully, could you please share it here? I and this other person would greatly appreciate it.

A warning to anyone applying- the school will nickel and dime you. So far, on top of our tuition, we've been told that we have to pay for our own drug testing, stethoscope, hammer, parking, and submitting own immunization records to a third party for this year and for every year after. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if we had to pay for our own scrubs.

While these fees are true, I wouldn’t let them deter you from applying lol and most of those are included in the cost of attendance anyways so they can be covered by loans. Also, I am an out of state student who received VERY generous financial aid in the form of scholarships. The financial aid director has been very helpful and understanding. In fact, that was one of the main reasons I chose Hackensack over my other acceptances!

Reactions: 1 users
Same! I tried calling the phone number in the emails seton hall has sent thus far but all of the numbers are going to voicemail. If any accepted students have a number they use to contact admission successfully, could you please share it here? I and this other person would greatly appreciate it.
When I called on Monday, they said they were done conducting interviews so I am not sure. Also, 4 people on SDN were just accepted, given if they all are committed on going there, those were most likely the last few spots available.

When I called on Monday, they said they were done conducting interviews so I am not sure. Also, 4 people on SDN were just accepted, given if they all are committed on going there, those were most likely the last few spots available.

I also was able to get in touch with admissions, and she said that if seats become available over the next few weeks, they would pull from the waitlist. When I asked about the waitlist, she said that if you have not heard from the school yet, you are on the waitlist. So there may be some hope!

Anyone know what the attendance policy was for lectures Last year?