2019-2020 Seton Hall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think they waited to see the possible Data before responding to candidates. Because Beginning today they can see who has As and waitlist

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Also officially withdrew! Good luck guys and i hope it and the money go to someone here

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What were some of the factors influencing your decision to withdraw if you don't mind me asking? I'm currently holding the A but on the waitlist for some other schools that just attract me more.
Sure! So for me it was because I wanted to be closer to home and closer to my family and friends. The other school I chose was more money but I also wanted to match in NYC so the other school would be an easier process for me.

Last edited:
Maybe today is finally the day for all of us who haven’t heard back yet!

Accepted yesterday afternoon (4/30). Interviewed 2/13. No communication between interview and acceptance. OOS

Reactions: 3 users
Sure! So for me it was because I wanted to be closer to home and closer to my family and friends. The other school I chose was more money but I also wanted to match in NYC so the other school would be an easier process for me.
It's Einstien right? Sorry to ask but I see your cat profile pic all over in the school's forums I'm waitlisted for. That's one of them I'm holing out for as I have my whole life in Queens but Seton Hall seems amazing with its healthcare system. Family vs cost are the main factors then for everyone. Thanks and good luck!

It's Einstien right? Sorry to ask but I see your cat profile pic all over in the school's forums I'm waitlisted for. That's one of them I'm holing out for as I have my whole life in Queens but Seton Hall seems amazing with its healthcare system. Family vs cost are the main factors then for everyone. Thanks and good luck!
Haha yes and glad my cat profile pic is sticking out. But yes Hackensack is truly an amazing school with a phenomenal healthcare system. Hackensack was less expensive but the price difference between that school and Einstein was not as significant for me to choose Hackensack. And yes family is super important to me. Best of luck to you as well!

Reactions: 1 users
I called the admissions office and they said that the admissions decisions timeline has been extended to the rest of May, so it seems there is still the possibility of an acceptance/waitlist position for those people who haven't heard back yet.

Reactions: 2 users
Remember when they said mid April??? Pepperidge farm remembers...

Remember when they said mid April??? Pepperidge farm remembers...
Lmao this is getting ridiculous, I know covid is probably screwing everything up but at this point it’s just unprofessional af to leave us waiting

Members don't see this ad :)
Lmao this is getting ridiculous, I know covid is probably screwing everything up but at this point it’s just unprofessional af to leave us waiting
Their acceptances ran just as late last year. Seems like a red flag to me. Disorganized admin?

I just got the call!!!!! Interviewed January 16th OOS URM, heard nothing before this

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
For applicants who withdrew, do you know the process on how to get our deposit back?

I'm not sure if this was said already, but according to a friend of mine (first year at HMSOM) the woman who's head of admissions is on maternity leave. So that combined with covid is causing all these delays

Got the call :) LM 69 IS, interviewed 11/5 and silence until today!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Got the call! Interviewed 12/3 silence since. Good luck everyone :)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Yooo I'm happy for you guys/girls!!! Time for me to endlessly stare at my phone....

Does anyone know the steps after commit to enroll? I want to make sure I’m 100% in before I withdraw from schools on AACOMAS. It still feels surreal as this school was in My top 3!

I have only PTE’d, but I think other than paying the deposit and returning the forms, there is not much else to do yet. I have not yet received any of the emails they mentioned regarding onboarding/housing/immunization/drug testing. Has anyone received this info yet???

I have only PTE’d, but I think other than paying the deposit and returning the forms, there is not much else to do yet. I have not yet received any of the emails they mentioned regarding onboarding/housing/immunization/drug testing. Has anyone received this info yet???

I got one for the background check from AAMC but other than that I have not received anything from the school itself. Just wanted to make sure CTE was pretty much the last “final” step in regards to admission (aside from the school specific requirements of course). Thanks for the response

withdrew! hope my spot + aid goes to one of you deserving people!

• Love

I emailed to ask about immunizations and they said they would be finalizing a list and sending it out mid-May

Got the call earlier today! IS. Interviewed 1/23 and didn't hear anything from them until now

Reactions: 4 users
Just emailed to ask if they're still sending decisions and they said they're "still sending acceptance letters", guess there's no WLs or Rs woohoo

Hi all, was accepted yesterday, OOS. Wondering if there's an accepted students facebook group somewhere?

When did you interview?

Hello all, got the acceptance call today! I'm OOS and interviewed on 2/6, and I hadn't heard back since my interview. Best wishes to those waiting to hear back!

Reactions: 7 users
Got the A call today! Interviewed 1/30 and I'm in-state. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to everyone who got the call recently!!! If I may ask, are y'all committing to Hackensack or do you have other choices?

Congrats to everyone who got the call recently!!! If I may ask, are y'all committing to Hackensack or do you have other choices?

This is the only MD school I got into so I am committing here! Btw does anyone know how long it takes for an admissions offer to show up on AMCAS?

This is the only MD school I got into so I am committing here! Btw does anyone know how long it takes for an admissions offer to show up on AMCAS?

It took a day for me after my deposit was paid

So what I've deduced based on my last correspondence with the school is that everyone who hasn't heard back yet is waitlisted. And people who have heard back recently, have 2 weeks to notify the school of their enrollment plans, so perhaps the school/acceptances are operating on a biweekly schedule. But who knows lol

JUST GOT THE CALL FROM DR. SIMONIAN! HOOOOOLY I thought I was done for. He said a bunch of things that sounded like I got rejected but then he said I was admitted!!! This has been insane. LM 75 OOS 2/4 interview. Good luck to everyone waiting still.

Reactions: 11 users
will be withdrawing my A here, hope it goes to one of you! (for data purposes: was notified yesterday and interviewed 2/6)

This is definitely a very weird question but does anyone know if there's a cafeteria in the school? My interview was a blur and I don't remember at all...

This is definitely a very weird question but does anyone know if there's a cafeteria in the school? My interview was a blur and I don't remember at all...
There is one off to the right side once you enter the building.