You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Seton Hall
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Also officially withdrew! Good luck guys and i hope it and the money go to someone here [emoji4]
Nope, nothing on my end today!Did anyone hear back today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
Sure! So for me it was because I wanted to be closer to home and closer to my family and friends. The other school I chose was more money but I also wanted to match in NYC so the other school would be an easier process for me.What were some of the factors influencing your decision to withdraw if you don't mind me asking? I'm currently holding the A but on the waitlist for some other schools that just attract me more.
Last edited:
Maybe today is finally the day for all of us who haven’t heard back yet!
Art.Vandelay
New Member
Accepted yesterday afternoon (4/30). Interviewed 2/13. No communication between interview and acceptance. OOS
2 days before my in person one.When did you have your online interview?
It's Einstien right? Sorry to ask but I see your cat profile pic all over in the school's forums I'm waitlisted for. That's one of them I'm holing out for as I have my whole life in Queens but Seton Hall seems amazing with its healthcare system. Family vs cost are the main factors then for everyone. Thanks and good luck!Sure! So for me it was because I wanted to be closer to home and closer to my family and friends. The other school I chose was more money but I also wanted to match in NYC so the other school would be an easier process for me.
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
Haha yes and glad my cat profile pic is sticking out. But yes Hackensack is truly an amazing school with a phenomenal healthcare system. Hackensack was less expensive but the price difference between that school and Einstein was not as significant for me to choose Hackensack. And yes family is super important to me. Best of luck to you as well!It's Einstien right? Sorry to ask but I see your cat profile pic all over in the school's forums I'm waitlisted for. That's one of them I'm holing out for as I have my whole life in Queens but Seton Hall seems amazing with its healthcare system. Family vs cost are the main factors then for everyone. Thanks and good luck!
Any updates?
I called the admissions office and they said that the admissions decisions timeline has been extended to the rest of May, so it seems there is still the possibility of an acceptance/waitlist position for those people who haven't heard back yet.
Lmao this is getting ridiculous, I know covid is probably screwing everything up but at this point it’s just unprofessional af to leave us waitingRemember when they said mid April??? Pepperidge farm remembers...
Their acceptances ran just as late last year. Seems like a red flag to me. Disorganized admin?Lmao this is getting ridiculous, I know covid is probably screwing everything up but at this point it’s just unprofessional af to leave us waiting
I just got the call!!!!! Interviewed January 16th OOS URM, heard nothing before this
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
omg hopefully they call me. i interviewed that day! & im OOS!I just got the call!!!!! Interviewed January 16th OOS, heard nothing before this
iluvmedicine528
Full Member
For applicants who withdrew, do you know the process on how to get our deposit back?
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
Withdrawn , Good luck to all hope my A goes to one of you
I'm not sure if this was said already, but according to a friend of mine (first year at HMSOM) the woman who's head of admissions is on maternity leave. So that combined with covid is causing all these delays
Does anyone know the steps after commit to enroll? I want to make sure I’m 100% in before I withdraw from schools on AACOMAS. It still feels surreal as this school was in My top 3!
I have only PTE’d, but I think other than paying the deposit and returning the forms, there is not much else to do yet. I have not yet received any of the emails they mentioned regarding onboarding/housing/immunization/drug testing. Has anyone received this info yet???
I have only PTE’d, but I think other than paying the deposit and returning the forms, there is not much else to do yet. I have not yet received any of the emails they mentioned regarding onboarding/housing/immunization/drug testing. Has anyone received this info yet???
I got one for the background check from AAMC but other than that I have not received anything from the school itself. Just wanted to make sure CTE was pretty much the last “final” step in regards to admission (aside from the school specific requirements of course). Thanks for the response
StoneOcean
Full Member
Does anyone know the date to CTE?
I have only PTE’d, but I think other than paying the deposit and returning the forms, there is not much else to do yet. I have not yet received any of the emails they mentioned regarding onboarding/housing/immunization/drug testing. Has anyone received this info yet???
I emailed to ask about immunizations and they said they would be finalizing a list and sending it out mid-May
I want to say June 1 is the deadline they said in the email but I could be wrongDoes anyone know the date to CTE?
Last edited:
Has anybody gotten waitlisted post interview yet?
Got the call earlier today! IS. Interviewed 1/23 and didn't hear anything from them until now
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all, was accepted yesterday, OOS. Wondering if there's an accepted students facebook group somewhere?
Thank you so much!! I interviewed mid February, then radio silence for 3 months ahaha.www.facebook.com
When did you interview?
Anyone recently accepted hear anything about financial aid packages?
Yea, I got my financial aid package the day after I was accepted
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello all, got the acceptance call today! I'm OOS and interviewed on 2/6, and I hadn't heard back since my interview. Best wishes to those waiting to hear back!
emmachan97
New Member
Got the A call today! Interviewed 1/30 and I'm in-state. Good luck to everyone still waiting!
emmachan97
New Member
Congrats to everyone who got the call recently!!! If I may ask, are y'all committing to Hackensack or do you have other choices?
This is the only MD school I got into so I am committing here! Btw does anyone know how long it takes for an admissions offer to show up on AMCAS?
This is the only MD school I got into so I am committing here! Btw does anyone know how long it takes for an admissions offer to show up on AMCAS?
It took a day for me after my deposit was paid
So what I've deduced based on my last correspondence with the school is that everyone who hasn't heard back yet is waitlisted. And people who have heard back recently, have 2 weeks to notify the school of their enrollment plans, so perhaps the school/acceptances are operating on a biweekly schedule. But who knows lol
anyone else still waiting to hear back?
(Raises hand)anyone else still waiting to hear back?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am !anyone else still waiting to hear back?
will be withdrawing my A here, hope it goes to one of you! (for data purposes: was notified yesterday and interviewed 2/6)
This is definitely a very weird question but does anyone know if there's a cafeteria in the school? My interview was a blur and I don't remember at all...
There is one off to the right side once you enter the building.This is definitely a very weird question but does anyone know if there's a cafeteria in the school? My interview was a blur and I don't remember at all...
Thank you so much!!There is one off to the right side once you enter the building.