You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Seton Hall
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey all, does anyone know if Hackensack is open to extending it's CTE deadline of June 1? How stringent are they given this pandemic?
I feel like they're protecting themselves (due to them being a new school) by preventing applicants on other WLs from jumping ship once they get accepted elsewhere. But I haven't asked so I'm not sure about your question.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
StoneOcean
Full Member
I feel like they're protecting themselves (due to them being a new school) by preventing applicants on other WLs from jumping ship once they get accepted elsewhere. But I haven't asked so I'm not sure about your question.
I read somewhere that schools can't force you to commit until 3 weeks before their start date... is this true or am I just mistaken?
Nope, it's up to each school to decide their own deadline.I read somewhere that schools can't force you to commit until 3 weeks before their start date... is this true or am I just mistaken?
Has anyone heard anything about this semester going online?
I asked them in email and they kept not responding...
a friend of mine is an M2 there and says the last they were updated (in April) was that the fall is all onlineHas anyone heard anything about this semester going online?
Is everyone planning on moving near the school in July even if classes are online? (For those who are not from the area)
Yep I'm looking at apartments around Nutley/Clifton/Bloomfield right now; I wanna be ready for anything in case they make decisions about in-person vs virtual.
Yep I'm looking at apartments around Nutley/Clifton/Bloomfield right now; I wanna be ready for anything in case they make decisions about in-person vs virtual.
from what I’ve heard from the admins and current students, it will be remote for sure until September (at which point they will decide to continue remote or switch to in-person). I also think it is smart to have a place just in case but I also don’t want to unnecessarily pay for an empty place for a few months. But if everyone is moving there in July, I don’t want to end up roommate-less if I wait to move there in the fall.
It also depends if you’re willing to put yourself through the stress of moving in the middle of the semester! Especially since deciding to switch from remote to in person may be more of a quick decision and may not accommodate the time needed to move, but do whatever you feel more comfortable with.
yeah I agree! I have definitely considered the stress, but if for some reason they keep pushing back remote classes until winter, I would have wasted that money living away from home. It seems like most people will be moving there in July lol so I feel like that is the safest option, but I will wait for the school to send an official email on the matter before I decide to commit to the place I have already found.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also got the call today, interviewed in January.
Has anyone called them to try to find out about when classes are starting/if they’re online? Called admissions today which is the only number I have but didn’t get through. I also emailed them a while back but haven’t heard back...
I was told about September from the financial aid office when I called yesterday. She also said that an official email is supposed to be coming “in the next week” but she did not have much info besides that.
I got through to admissions and they said “classes will start in July but they don’t envision a need to be in Nutley for July”. Basically saying it will start remotelyHas anyone called them to try to find out about when classes are starting/if they’re online? Called admissions today which is the only number I have but didn’t get through. I also emailed them a while back but haven’t heard back...
Has anyone else who was accepted weeks ago still not a financial aid email?
+1Has anyone else who was accepted weeks ago still not a financial aid email?
JMSwaffles
Full Member
Hey just got my acceptance and I am strongly considering coming here. The one thing is they gave me until 5/28 to decide, which is not that much time at all. Does anyone know where people look for housing at this school?
Hey just got my acceptance and I am strongly considering coming here. The one thing is they gave me until 5/28 to decide, which is not that much time at all. Does anyone know where people look for housing at this school?
Since there isn't on-campus housing, my understanding is that people tend to find housing nearby in places like Nutley, Montclair, and Bloomfield.
Accepted just now! Personal call! Interviewed in January
Last edited:
Just got the call too🙂
Also just got the call!
Does anyone remember from their interview if this school is P/F? Also, can you do early entry into residency through the match or does it have to been with the school program?
I’m not sure about P/F but if you enter residency early it needs to be through the Hackensack system and whatever programs they offerDoes anyone remember from their interview if this school is P/F? Also, can you do early entry into residency through the match or does it have to been with the school program?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anybody who was recently accepted been able to pay the deposit or use the choose your med school tool?
I could pay the deposit but hasn’t showed up on AMCAS yetHas anybody who was recently accepted been able to pay the deposit or use the choose your med school tool?
Has anybody who was recently accepted been able to pay the deposit or use the choose your med school tool?
After I paid the deposit it took a few hours for the tool to become available
Anyone know how to access the financial aid?
Anyone know how to access the financial aid?
You should receive an email (and possibly a call) with any fin aid award info. I got the award email about a week after my acceptance. Once you log into the PirateNet website it is in the SHU Portal. Mine didn’t show up on the portal until after the award email.
The financial aid director is super nice and helpful if you email or call her as well!
Are there any current students in this forum. I just got an admission and im kinda on the fence. Would like to talk somethings out with someone if possible?
If you don't get an answer here, there are some in the FB group who seem very willing to answer any questions!
I feel like I’m the only one still waiting to hear back, anyone else still waiting post II?
I'm still waiting as well and I interviewed in mid December. When was your interview?I feel like I’m the only one still waiting to hear back, anyone else still waiting post II?
I interviewed mid January, do you know when the CTE date is? Maybe there will be more movementI'm still waiting as well and I interviewed in mid December. When was your interview?
CTE date is today
Accepted today. Interviewed 2/13. A true June miracle.
StoneOcean
Full Member
Seems like it's been quiet, still waiting on that email about the status of fall classes being online or not lol
Doingwelldog
Full Member
Did anyone else get an email asking if they’d be interested in an interview if one becomes available? Do they really interview and accept applicants this late in the cycle?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got this email also. Seems crazy... guess their yield was bad?Did anyone else get an email asking if they’d be interested in an interview if one becomes available? Do they really interview and accept applicants this late in the cycle?
WhatsUpDoc079
Full Member
Did anyone else get an email asking if they’d be interested in an interview if one becomes available? Do they really interview and accept applicants this late in the cycle?
Same here I was shocked but I’m sitting on 3 WL so I’m definitely happy about it if they’ll do more interviews 🙂
Weird... did anyone else not get email and weren't rejected yet?
+3 got this email about 20 min agoSame here I was shocked but I’m sitting on 3 WL so I’m definitely happy about it if they’ll do more interviews 🙂
Did anyone else get an email asking if they’d be interested in an interview if one becomes available? Do they really interview and accept applicants this late in the cycle?
Just got this email too. I responded but still didn’t get a reply yet.