2019-2020 SUNY Upstate

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also on hold, I just have a question about the portal, does it say on hold there as well because it does not say that for me. Hopefully we all get off hold, at least it's not a rejection!! I'm going to try to be optimistic based on previous year threads.
 
Just did interview today. Apparently was the very first interview day. Went exceeding well for me. Everyone else also said similar things though, so this is gonna be down to the wire. Great tour, great interviews, great admissions staff, great students. Upstate truly impressed me today.

I know someone might ask, so I'll just state outright that I am not comfortable discussing anything about the format of the interviews or any topics that were brought up 😛
 
Just did interview today. Apparently was the very first interview day. Went exceeding well for me. Everyone else also said similar things though, so this is gonna be down to the wire. Great tour, great interviews, great admissions staff, great students. Upstate truly impressed me today.

I know someone might ask, so I'll just state outright that I am not comfortable discussing anything about the format of the interviews or any topics that were brought up 😛

Congrats, that must be so exciting! Do you mind sharing you stats?
 
Just did interview today. Apparently was the very first interview day. Went exceeding well for me. Everyone else also said similar things though, so this is gonna be down to the wire. Great tour, great interviews, great admissions staff, great students. Upstate truly impressed me today.

I know someone might ask, so I'll just state outright that I am not comfortable discussing anything about the format of the interviews or any topics that were brought up 😛

Can I ask how you prepped for it?
 
3.5GPA / 3.2sGPA / 521 MCAT/ NYC resident. Maybe my GPA is 3.6 not 3.5, I forget honestly.

I prepped by reviewing my app, my research, researching some school specifics, and, most importantly, relaxing.
 
3.5GPA / 3.2sGPA / 521 MCAT/ NYC resident. Maybe my GPA is 3.6 not 3.5, I forget honestly.

I prepped by reviewing my app, my research, researching some school specifics, and, most importantly, relaxing.

Oh, gotcha! So no specific MMI prepping? That's what I'm mostly nervous for. My first interview of the cycle is here and I'm not sure what to expect
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Need to reschedule my interview, can anyone see what dates are still open? Would really appreciate it. Open to swapping if anyone wants to drop at the same time, mine is sept 16.
 
My portal appears to have been "cleared" as well. I interviewed last week, and they said decisions would be in this week. They just can't tell us until October 15 lol...
 
Just did interview today. Apparently was the very first interview day. Went exceeding well for me. Everyone else also said similar things though, so this is gonna be down to the wire. Great tour, great interviews, great admissions staff, great students. Upstate truly impressed me today.

I know someone might ask, so I'll just state outright that I am not comfortable discussing anything about the format of the interviews or any topics that were brought up 😛

What time did the day finish up? I’m interviewing Oct. 2nd and trying to see what time to schedule my return flight
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3.5GPA / 3.2sGPA / 521 MCAT/ NYC resident. Maybe my GPA is 3.6 not 3.5, I forget honestly.

I prepped by reviewing my app, my research, researching some school specifics, and, most importantly, relaxing.

did they ask about your app / research ? I thought they don't do that in mmi ?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question. My CASPer scores were recently delivered (says the CASPer website and some other schools I applied to) but my UPSTATE portal does not say they have received my CASPer score. Is there just a processing period before my portal will be updated (scores been delivered for ~1 week now)? A little neurotic of a question, but I just wanted to ensure this was normal b/c my application has been delayed so many times. Let me know!
 
Question. My CASPer scores were recently delivered (says the CASPer website and some other schools I applied to) but my UPSTATE portal does not say they have received my CASPer score. Is there just a processing period before my portal will be updated (scores been delivered for ~1 week now)? A little neurotic of a question, but I just wanted to ensure this was normal b/c my application has been delayed so many times. Let me know!
I believe they update the portal on Wednesdays or Thursdays. I had a similar issue with my LoR showing as not received, while portals for other programs had shown them as received a week prior. After giving the office a call (I think it was on a Monday) I was told to check later in the week, and it had updated. You should be fine, but you can always give them a call!
 
I believe they update the portal on Wednesdays or Thursdays. I had a similar issue with my LoR showing as not received, while portals for other programs had shown them as received a week prior. After giving the office a call (I think it was on a Monday) I was told to check later in the week, and it had updated. You should be fine, but you can always give them a call!
Perfect! Thank you so much for the info, helps a lot