2019-2020 TCU & UNTHSC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II rejection this morning, and on my birthday too not too surprised though, good luck to all still in the running!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Pre-II rejection this morning, and on my birthday too not too surprised though, good luck to all still in the running!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just want to say you go have a Happy Birthday! (or BirthWeek!)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pardon my noobiness when it comes to events.... For the Second Look Weekend, does anyone know if the "Welcome Reception" on Thursday evening a dinner event? (In my head, I'm somewhat associating this to a "wedding reception" where there's food/drinks because they sound very similar.) @SOM Admissions

Please contact our office directly with any questions related to Second Look Weekend! [email protected] Thank you!

For what it's worth I got a Pre II R this morning. Good luck to everyone!

Primary Completed: 8/28/19

Secondary Offered: 9/10/19

Secondary Completed: 10/31/19 (late due to personal emergency)

Rejection: 2/21/20

Last edited:
Another decision Friday with all my hold homies out there! How y’all holding up!? (No pun intended) lol.

dying for that A before second look so that I can have the chance to meet everyone

Reactions: 7 users
Would a school let you know about an interview invite with such short notice?

Would a school let you know about an interview invite with such short notice?
They gave me one week notice, but given their final interview date is on Monday (I think), probably not.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got the acceptance call from Carlos! Super excited!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Hmm.. I thought Feb. 10 crew was going to hear back today...
They are lol if you’ve noticed a trend on here, people typically get accepted on their decision day or after their first hold. Everyone else is either rejected or in purgatory for seemingly forever. The email will come soon!

• Okay...
Hold number 10! Double digits!! Big day lol. Just in time for my plane to take off too. Whew.

hoping Friday the 13th treats me and everyone else on hold well!!

Reactions: 4 users
Well this absolutely sucks.... hard R after 6 months of holds. Good luck everyone.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
@SOM Admissions Hi! Will the final decision day (March 13) be treated similar to last year’s? Specifically, should those of us on hold expect either A, R or WL this next go around?

Also, for the WL, are decisions released every other Friday like interview decisions have been?

thank you!

You're invited to join my group "TCU MED CLASS OF 2024" on GroupMe. GroupMe
Hi everyone! I created a groupme for everyone who has been accepted! You are welcome to join if you have been accepted as well!

Hope everyone on hold hears some good news soon!

@SOM Admissions Hi! Will the final decision day (March 13) be treated similar to last year’s? Specifically, should those of us on hold expect either A, R or WL this next go around?

Also, for the WL, are decisions released every other Friday like interview decisions have been?

thank you!
On the final decision day, the committee will admit, release or place applicants in our alternate list. Our alternate list is unranked and selection only happens when we have a vacancy in our roster.

PSA: If you're planning take public transit from DFW Airport to Fort Worth area, you can take the rail transit TEXRail which cost about $2.50 one way: Tickets - Trinity Metro. The TEXRail has a station at DFW Airport (according to Google).

Once you're at the Fort Worth rail station, you can catch an Uber or a bus to TCU/UNTHSC.

@SOM Admissions I heard a rumor that the final decision date has been moved to March 6th. Is that when we can expect to hear back or is it still March 13th?

@SOM Admissions I heard a rumor that the final decision date has been moved to March 6th. Is that when we can expect to hear back or is it still March 13th?
I can confirm. They told us that the final decision has been moved to next Friday. Excited and nervous at the same time because I messed up on a couple of stations
:( Expect a R at this time but still very optimistic. After visiting the school and talking to the students and everybody there, I really want to go here. In God's hands now

• Wow
I can confirm. They told us that the final decision has been moved to next Friday. Excited and nervous at the same time because I messed up on a couple of stations
:( Expect a R at this time but still very optimistic. After visiting the school and talking to the students and everybody there, I really want to go here. In God's hands now

Part of me wishes I didn’t know this. Ignorance is bliss lmao

Hey everyone! My non SDN friend called TCU last week and confirmed that decisions are going out on this Friday. Can we start a "on hold" support group lol. Right now it's only me, my non SDN friend, @ChooChooTrain51 , and @Mdloading1001 in my club and it's a little lonely. I am freaked for Friday after spending nearly 6 months in limbo. This school is my dream and the thought of waiting for another phone call that might not come on Friday has me SHOOK lol. Per TCU's SDN account, either a rejection, waitlist, or acceptance will be in our future on Friday. If you're on hold out there lurking and want to commiserate with me, hit me up haha. It's helped talking to others in the same situation!

P.S... I counted 16 A's reported on here for anyone wondering. Obviously not representative of the actual applicant pool, but I am hopeful there are still seats for us and that we aren't doomed for the waitlist. We got this guys!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Just wanted to say good luck to everyone waiting to hear news tomorrow! No matter what happens, y'all are amazing for having made it so far, and I'm super excited for us all to be colleagues in the future!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Posted in last year's thread, but I feel like it needs to be reposted here as it is very relatable lol

Me and my 10 holds waiting for tomorrow like:
Let me in.png

Reactions: 7 users
Hi new to this process of Judgment Day Fridays. Should we expect an email for a waitlist or rejection and a phone call for acceptance? Does it typically happen this evening (after 4 pm central?)

Hi new to this process of Judgment Day Fridays. Should we expect an email for a waitlist or rejection and a phone call for acceptance? Does it typically happen this evening (after 4 pm central?)
If history repeats itself, expect something like that.

The final Admissions Committee meeting will take place today, March 6. You will be notified of your application status at the conclusion of the meeting.

Has anyone heard back yet?

ACCEPTED. I am sobbing. Thank you everyone on here who supported me this entire time.. seriously, everyone on here is incredible. So many of you private messaged me over the last 6 months with words of encouragement and support, and I couldn’t be more grateful. You ALL are wonderful and I’ve enjoyed helping, commiserating and getting to know everyone on here. I’m so excited to meet my future classmates!

• Love
Reactions: 25 users
ACCEPTED. I am sobbing. Thank you everyone on here who supported me this entire time.. seriously, everyone on here is incredible. So many of you private messaged me over the last 6 months with words of encouragement and support, and I couldn’t be more grateful. You ALL are wonderful and I’ve enjoyed helping, commiserating and getting to know everyone on here. I’m so excited to meet my future classmates!
While I'm little more than a lurker on this site, it's my daughter who was the applicant. But, I was really routing for you CONGRATS!!!!

• Love
I guess that's it. Probably Carlos has called all of the acceptees. The rest of us will either get rejected or WL :(

:soexcited::soexcited::bow::bow::banana::banana: You've been so positive during all the waiting, glad you have good news!

• Love
Crying Sobbing GIF - Crying Sobbing Llama - Discover & Share GIFs
sorry, I flunked GIF-ing

Last edited:
  • Love
Anyone else in the Alternate List boat?

Thankful to still be in the running but still praying to god that someone with multiple acceptances will withdraw!

@SOM Admissions I know not much can be disclosed, but do you have any words of encouragement for those of us who got placed on the alternate list? /Is it possible to know how the waitlist will work if it’s unranked?

Anyone else in the Alternate List boat?

Thankful to still be in the running but still praying to god that someone with multiple acceptances will withdraw!

@SOM Admissions I know not much can be disclosed, but do you have any words of encouragement for those of us who got placed on the alternate list? /Is it possible to know how the waitlist will work if it’s unranked?

+1 to Alternate list squad. Also confused as to how waitlist movement will work if it's unranked. Is it based on how long you've been on hold?

+1 to Alternate list squad. Also confused as to how waitlist movement will work if it's unranked. Is it based on how long you've been on hold?
I don’t think that would be the case. I feel like if a spot opens up they would have something similar to the Friday committee meetings they've been having to fill the spot.

Got the call tonight...and I’ve been Accepted, y’all! Omg this has been a roller coaster of a month - I didn’t match in Texas last month and I was devastated most of the day until this school lifted my spirits and sent me an interview invite on Match Day. Things really turned around for me after I was preparing to reapply so this is a message to others in that boat - please don’t give up! I’m a non-trad with nowhere near perfect stats and I’m so grateful for the opportunity to embark on this journey.

So excited for this school and getting to know future classmates during Second Look. I’m still in shock that this dream of being a physician is coming to fruition all these years later. Ahhh!!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Does someone know if many people were accepted off of the Alternate List last year?

Last edited:
Does someone know if many people were accepted off of the Alternate List last year?
At my interview, I believe they told us that 7-10 were pulled off the alternate list last year!