2019-2020 TCU & UNTHSC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just to address any confusion, the alternate list is unranked and movement can happen up until July 6th, the first day of orientation. When a vacancy occurs, our admissions committee convenes and makes a selection(s) from the alternate list. For any further questions, please contact our office directly at [email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anybody written an LOI to this school? I've heard they're not receptive to updates but I think I read on last year's thread someone who got accepted off the WL shortly after sending an LOI.

Has anybody written an LOI to this school? I've heard they're not receptive to updates but I think I read on last year's thread someone who got accepted off the WL shortly after sending an LOI.

Great question! The Office of Admissions will reach out to applicants on our alternate list if the Admissions Committee requires an update. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Great question! The Office of Admissions will reach out to applicants on our alternate list if the Admissions Committee requires an update. Thank you!
Should we have received an email asking us to confirm our spot on the alternate list?

Should we have received an email asking us to confirm our spot on the alternate list?

No confirmation is needed in order to be placed on our alternate list. If an applicant no longer wishes to be considered for admission, then we encourage them to contact our office via email.

Hey yall, have any of the accepted students received scholarships? Just curious if this school gives out some scholarships.

Hey yall, have any of the accepted students received scholarships? Just curious if this school gives out some scholarships.
We have not received any information about financial aid quite yet. However, I do believe we will have some information regarding this within the next few weeks.

Hello! Due to the sensitivity of financial aid, we would encourage you to contact our office via email and we will be more than happy to assist.

Reactions: 1 users
We have not received any information about financial aid quite yet. However, I do believe we will have some information regarding this within the next few weeks.

Hello! Due to the sensitivity of financial aid, we would encourage you to contact our office via email and we will be more than happy to assist.

Thank you both for the reply. I'm getting ready to apply this upcoming cycle, so I was curious about that. Will definitely email the office

I'm having trouble loading the email on the virtual second look info session. I saved it in my calendar as today at noon CST but now the image in the email isn't appearing so I don't know where/how to join the session. Can someone help me out, or DM me? Thanks!

I'm having trouble loading the email on the virtual second look info session. I saved it in my calendar as today at noon CST but now the image in the email isn't appearing so I don't know where/how to join the session. Can someone help me out, or DM me? Thanks!

Thank you to those who DM'd me the session link!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just checking in to send positive vibes to those who are also on the alternate list :biglove: We've got this you guys!

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew my application. Hope it goes to one of you deserving future docs

Reactions: 3 users
So how are we feeling about online medical school?
Earlier today Gov. Abbott announced a plan to slowly start opening up businesses in Texas. You can read about his plan here if you'd like: Texas governor will allow state's stay-at-home order to end on Thursday and open businesses Friday

Will universities/medical schools be open by the time we start? Not sure. HOWEVER, I have a few friends who are current M1's/1st year PA students (at a few different schools all over the country) who have told me that the shift to online work has been challenging, but after the first week or so they have all adjusted and seem to be doing well.

That being said, they had an entire semester and a half to get into the groove of medical school. Maybe our transition will be a little more rocky because we'll be thrown straight into online learning, but I am excited for the challenge. TCU and UNTHSC seemed to be on the cutting edge of a lot of aspects of medical education so I'm sure that they already have an excellent plan in place in order to make sure that their students are able to succeed. Also, a true P/F should help ease your nerves if class rank is something that you're worried about. :nod:

Earlier today Gov. Abbott announced a plan to slowly start opening up businesses in Texas. You can read about his plan here if you'd like: Texas governor will allow state's stay-at-home order to end on Thursday and open businesses Friday

Will universities/medical schools be open by the time we start? Not sure. HOWEVER, I have a few friends who are current M1's/1st year PA students (at a few different schools all over the country) who have told me that the shift to online work has been challenging, but after the first week or so they have all adjusted and seem to be doing well.

That being said, they had an entire semester and a half to get into the groove of medical school. Maybe our transition will be a little more rocky because we'll be thrown straight into online learning, but I am excited for the challenge. TCU and UNTHSC seemed to be on the cutting edge of a lot of aspects of medical education so I'm sure that they already have an excellent plan in place in order to make sure that their students are able to succeed. Also, a true P/F should help ease your nerves if class rank is something that you're worried about. :nod:
TCU already announced an online start to our year! But I’m hopeful we will be back in person soon after!

I want to apply here but saw on MSAR that physiology is required. Is this a hard rule? I saw it was case by case.

Please like this message if you're on the waitlist! I'm trying to get an estimate as to how big this waitlist is :unsure:

I withdrew officially and it was an unbelievably difficult and sad decision to do so. I love this school, the current students and newly admitted cohort for this year, and the staff/faculty! This program is amazing and I wish all of you on the wait list the best of luck!

Last edited:
Got the A today!!! Interviewed 2/10! OOS

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted yesterday, incredibly grateful!! Interviewed back in November

Reactions: 5 users
How soon after getting accepted did you all receive your fin aid award emails?

anyone in-state with a lizzy score of 67 get accepted this year?

I can attest that interviews and acceptances are not based on lizzy score. I suggest focusing on your application as a "whole".
Source: me with a lower lizzy than that.

Reactions: 2 users
Gave up my seat today, the toughest choice I have had to make this cycle by far. This program seems so amazing, and I wish the best to all of you planning to enroll and hope my seat goes to someone else!

• Sad
It was a very tough decision, but I withdrew my A yesterday. Hopefully it will go to one of you still waiting! Best of luck!!

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
I was just offered an A off the alternate list, but I declined/withdrew. Good luck!

Withdrew my spot on the waitlist about a week ago... Good luck to anyone still waiting! I was really impressed by this school.

@SOM Admissions how does TCU view doing an SMP like doing UNT's 1-year Medical Science Graduate School Program? Does it help with low GPA and/or help show readiness for med school?