You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Texas Tech, Lubbock
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
premedgirl1324
New Member
has anyone who applied to MD/MPH or FMAT interviewed here? are there more interviews for these specific degrees?
has anyone who applied to MD/MPH or FMAT interviewed here? are there more interviews for these specific degrees?
Yes there are more interviews for dual degree programs but I wouldn’t know the specifics of it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied FMAT but it’s not mentioned in my interview invite, does that mean I’m not being considered for it and just general admission or not?
I applied FMAT but it’s not mentioned in my interview invite, does that mean I’m not being considered for it and just general admission or not?
It was the same for me. You should have 3 interviews instead of 2. You will see it on your schedule that you get on interview day.
It was the same for me. You should have 3 interviews instead of 2. You will see it on your schedule that you get on interview day.
Thank you! About FMAT, do you know how they decide who gets to go to which location (Lubbock, Amarillo, PB)? Your pick or random?
Thank you! About FMAT, do you know how they decide who gets to go to which location (Lubbock, Amarillo, PB)? Your pick or random?
You rank them but to be honest I am not sure what their methodology is.
Thank you! At the end of Junecongrats! when did you submit your secondary?
In the same boat. Depends on the circumstances but you're likely fine. https://www.backgroundchecks.com/co...c ticket is,check focuses on criminal history.Kind of specific question, but for the background check for Tech it asks about criminal history. Is a speeding ticket something I would want to put down here?
Apparently Texas speeding tickets count as misdemeanors. I thought this was interesting:In the same boat. Depends on the circumstances but you're likely fine. https://www.backgroundchecks.com/community/Post/5605/Will-My-Speeding-Ticket-Show-Up-on-a-Background-Check#targetText=A simple traffic ticket is,check focuses on criminal history.
In the same boat. Depends on the circumstances but you're likely fine. https://www.backgroundchecks.com/community/Post/5605/Will-My-Speeding-Ticket-Show-Up-on-a-Background-Check#targetText=A simple traffic ticket is,check focuses on criminal history.
Haha might as well say goodbye to medicine. Gonna have to look into NASCAR now, pack your sunscreen for Daytona.
Speeding tickets only count as class C misdemeanors if you elect not to take defensive driving or deferred disposition. If you complete either of those then you pay a fine and you are not convicted of the offense. Also, it would take an especially uptight person to care about speeding tickets.
II just now! Earliest date was Nov 1
II just now! Earliest date was Nov 1
Nice, I got an II around the same time, and the earliest date for me was Nov 6
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TofuTony
Full Member
has anyone who applied to MD/MPH or FMAT interviewed here? are there more interviews for these specific degrees?
i did. pm me if you have questions!
I haven't been invited to interview at TTUHSC Lubbock yet, but my boyfriend has a residency interview early December. We really want to end up in the same place and Lubbock is one of my top choices. Should I email them requesting an interview for the same day (or close to it) as his interview? I was thinking I would wait a couple weeks to do that, but was wondering if I even should.
If you already had been invited then I think it would be a reasonable request. However, I’d think they may perceive your request as a bit presumptuous. Someone else may have better input.I haven't been invited to interview at TTUHSC Lubbock yet, but my boyfriend has a residency interview early December. We really want to end up in the same place and Lubbock is one of my top choices. Should I email them requesting an interview for the same day (or close to it) as his interview? I was thinking I would wait a couple weeks to do that, but was wondering if I even should.
In the area emails for interviews are generally seen as acceptable for some schools, I think tech would be receptive.If you already had been invited then I think it would be a reasonable request. However, I’d think they may perceive your request as a bit presumptuous. Someone else may have better input.
stumped2011
Full Member
Prematched today! Interviewed 10/11.
PREMATCHED TODAY at 4pm!!! Super thrilled to attend here!!
Application complete last week of June.
Interview invite 09/26.
Interview attended 10/11. I was extremely impressed with the school and it was very clear that their med students are their highest priority. Plus, no traffic!
TX Resident, ORM, LizzyM 71.
Application complete last week of June.
Interview invite 09/26.
Interview attended 10/11. I was extremely impressed with the school and it was very clear that their med students are their highest priority. Plus, no traffic!
TX Resident, ORM, LizzyM 71.
Last edited:
Did anyone else get the scholarship email but opened the applicant portal and could not find a "scholarship tab"
Yes!Did anyone else get the scholarship email but opened the applicant portal and could not find a "scholarship tab"
Sorry, I didn't mean to send that yet. I had the same problem. I called the office and the lady said she was about to send another email, and then it still didn't work lol. THEN, I emailed them and it has been fixed for me, so check to see if yours is fixed as well. It is under the "Offer" tab, at the bottom.
I assume accepting this scholarship still doesn't bind me to TT? I want to accept it in case I end up here, but I'm still hoping for a later acceptance from Dell or McGovern. Can anyone confirm
I assume accepting this scholarship still doesn't bind me to TT? I want to accept it in case I end up here, but I'm still hoping for a later acceptance from Dell or McGovern. Can anyone confirm
Could anyone share (in detail if possible) what was available for lunch? I have food allergies but really rather not ask for accommodations if possible. Thank you!
stumped2011
Full Member
It was barbecue when I went with beans and potato salad. I forgot what the vegetarian option was.Could anyone share (in detail if possible) what was available for lunch? I have food allergies but really rather not ask for accommodations if possible. Thank you!
stumped2011
Full Member
We were at the same interview! Hope to see you in class!PREMATCHED TODAY at 4pm!!! Super thrilled to attend here!!
Application complete last week of June.
Interview invite 09/26.
Interview attended 10/11. I was extremely impressed with the school and it was very clear that their med students are their highest priority. Plus, no traffic!
TX Resident, ORM, LizzyM 71.
Thank you!! And haha, I think we're interviewing at TAMU on the same day as well!We were at the same interview! Hope to see you in class!
No, it doesn't, but you can call admissions to verify because it's required for acceptance.Does anyone know if CASPER results should show as received in the status section of the portal?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PREMATCHED TODAY at 4pm!!! Super thrilled to attend here!!
Application complete last week of June.
Interview invite 09/26.
Interview attended 10/11. I was extremely impressed with the school and it was very clear that their med students are their highest priority. Plus, no traffic!
TX Resident, ORM, LizzyM 71.
Congrats! I thought they were only pre-matching on Oct 15th and Feb 3rd? I interviewed on the same day you did, haha, didn't hear back about anything. Was it an email or on your portal?
Congrats! I thought they were only pre-matching on Oct 15th and Feb 3rd? I interviewed on the same day you did, haha, didn't hear back about anything. Was it an email or on your portal?
That's what I thought too, but I guess they're sending out acceptances differently this year! I got an email and it was reflected in my portal! I absolutely fell in love with the school, especially the more I think on it. Don't stress too much -- I'm sure you'll get good news soon!
Last edited:
You lose all the shots you don't take!Finished the secondary and forgot to submit months ago. Is it still worth sending it in? I saw the deadline was Nov 15th. LM of 71, OOS, Hispanic and native Spanish speaker
Submit before the deadlineFinished the secondary and forgot to submit months ago. Is it still worth sending it in? I saw the deadline was Nov 15th. LM of 71, OOS, Hispanic and native Spanish speaker
How many OOS have heard back so far? Interviewed August 16...haven’t heard back. Usually, I am able to just follow last year’s thread for the school but Texas Tech seems to be doing it differently this year.
I interviewed in August and was accepted OOS.
+1I interviewed in August and was accepted OOS.
Does anyone know the minimum computer requirements for Tech? It looks like a lot of schools say at least 8gb RAM and at least 256gb SSD.
With Black Friday coming up, I don't want to miss out on sales, but if I can also save a few hundred bucks and get a computer with just 128gb SSD and an external hard drive, I'd rather do that.
With Black Friday coming up, I don't want to miss out on sales, but if I can also save a few hundred bucks and get a computer with just 128gb SSD and an external hard drive, I'd rather do that.
I called the IT department and the person I spoke to was unable to tell me the basic requirements / types of laptops that they do not take, and stated that we would have to email them at [email protected] with the specific laptop details to get it verified.Does anyone know the minimum computer requirements for Tech? It looks like a lot of schools say at least 8gb RAM and at least 256gb SSD.
With Black Friday coming up, I don't want to miss out on sales, but if I can also save a few hundred bucks and get a computer with just 128gb SSD and an external hard drive, I'd rather do that.
Yikes. My computer has a 1TB SATA drive but I don't believe it has an SSD. Don't know if that'll work out for me. 🤔Does anyone know the minimum computer requirements for Tech? It looks like a lot of schools say at least 8gb RAM and at least 256gb SSD.
With Black Friday coming up, I don't want to miss out on sales, but if I can also save a few hundred bucks and get a computer with just 128gb SSD and an external hard drive, I'd rather do that.
EDIT: Just called their IT department and I was told they had no system requirements.
Last edited:
fandango97
Full Member
Just got a II now! Totally unexpected
Congrats! Do you remember what the last available date was?Just got a II now! Totally unexpected
fandango97
Full Member
Yes all of the available dates were in december and the last one was on the 20thCongrats! Do you remember what the last available date was?
Good luck!Yes all of the available dates were in december and the last one was on the 20th
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow later than I thought. Congrats on the invite.Yes all of the available dates were in december and the last one was on the 20th
runmemyM.D.
New Member
when did you submit your secondary?Just got a II now! Totally unexpected
D
deleted1017762
II on the 11th and for some reason I'm so nervous for it. Really like what I've heard about the school so far. Is the interview really as pleasant as they say?
fandango97
Full Member
July 28th, did not have all my letters in until aug 8th thowhen did you submit your secondary?
futuredoc2024
Full Member
Yes it is. I really enjoyed my interview day there. Of my three interviews it was by far my favorite.II on the 11th and for some reason I'm so nervous for it. Really like what I've heard about the school so far. Is the interview really as pleasant as they say?
. Is it still worth sending it in? I saw the deadline was Nov 15th. LM of 71, OOS, Hispanic and native Spanish speaker