2019-2020 Touro University (Vallejo, California) TUCOM-CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you guys, I appreciate it! My sad face was more in reaction to the fact that there hasn't been much movement on the waitlist for others which I know is frustrating. I definitely feel fortunate to be on accept hold!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Also, if any of you all have general questions about Touro and the Vallejo area you can feel free to ask me! I was a master's student so i had a chacne to live there from the past year

Do you guys know if people usually drop on the first day of class??? I feel like it's going to change this year because of COVID..

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys know if people usually drop on the first day of class??? I feel like it's going to change this year because of COVID..
In general, I heard that few people would not show up on the first day of the class, and the school has to give few more seats. This is the information I gathered from my other friends who's in medical school and my own research.
For COVID-19 year, I heard two side's opinions:
1. Seats will become available to those who are ready. e.g. having shadowed, taken MCAT, ready LOR I know for our timing we should've had things ready by application started, but still some change. Plus, some people might defer for a year because they don't fit for the remote learning/study style.
2. Different from my point 1, people have been saying that for the class of 2024, it should have no difference than previous years because, again, we have things ready. The only change is that the interview format was forced to be conducted through internet. And I heard people being accepted after an online interview. Therefore, I don't think the interview format would impact on the acceptance rate of the incoming class. It just matters how you stand out during the "internet" interview.
Hope this helps!

Anyone know if accept holds taking a seat in this years class, opens up their spot on the accept hold list? Hope so!

In general, I heard that few people would not show up on the first day of the class, and the school has to give few more seats. This is the information I gathered from my other friends who's in medical school and my own research.
For COVID-19 year, I heard two side's opinions:
1. Seats will become available to those who are ready. e.g. having shadowed, taken MCAT, ready LOR I know for our timing we should've had things ready by application started, but still some change. Plus, some people might defer for a year because they don't fit for the remote learning/study style.
2. Different from my point 1, people have been saying that for the class of 2024, it should have no difference than previous years because, again, we have things ready. The only change is that the interview format was forced to be conducted through internet. And I heard people being accepted after an online interview. Therefore, I don't think the interview format would impact on the acceptance rate of the incoming class. It just matters how you stand out during the "internet" interview.
Hope this helps!
I’m not sure how much hope I have for people “not showing up” the first day. Since orientation is entirely online. They gave students the option to defer due to covid already sometime in May/June (I have a friend who was accepted here this cycle). Chances are looking really slim but hoping for a sliver lining!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know if accept holds taking a seat in this years class, opens up their spot on the accept hold list? Hope so!

That is what we are all hoping for too :/ I guess we will just have to see

Anyone who's waiting here accepted somewhere else? Or you guys are preparing/already prepared to apply for this cycle? Just want see that I'm not alone...

Anyone who's waiting here accepted somewhere else? Or you guys are preparing/already prepared to apply for this cycle? Just want see that I'm not alone...
Preparing to reapply and possibly even retake the MCAT. You def are not alone!

Were there other medium alternates that got an update today?

Looks llike they are shoertening the waitlist :/
you are from the medium waitlist?? I want to keep emailing them and ask about my status but its the same response that I been getting... lol

Members don't see this ad :)
you are from the medium waitlist?? I want to keep emailing them and ask about my status but its the same response that I been getting... lol

Hoping you didnt get rejected like some of the others on the list :/

praying for us all

Hoping you didnt get rejected like some of the others on the list :/

praying for us all
No I didn't get rejected yet....hahahah but well see. let's just keep hoping for the best.

FYI it looks like this year's class is going to be 100% full remote virtual learning... I feel like anatomy via zoom is going to be all bad.

FYI it looks like this year's class is going to be 100% full remote virtual learning... I feel like anatomy via zoom is going to be all bad.
Are you an incoming student? Did you have the option to defer because of distance learning?

I want to clarify that full-remote learning it is only confirmed for Fall 2020, not yet the entire year.

have any high alternates heard back?? ive heard of two medium alternates who have gotten accept holds this week....seems unfair considering several high alternates have heard nothing

have any high alternates heard back?? ive heard of two medium alternates who have gotten accept holds this week....seems unfair considering several high alternates have heard nothing

Yup.... def was upset to hear the same.

I'm high alternative and I emailed them on Monday! the only thing that I heard was the class is full lol

High alternate as well and it’s been pretty silent. I emailed early last week and it was just mentioned that the class was just about full but to stay hopeful. Getting my app ready to reapply.

Yeah, i think it is def time to move on :/ best of luck to everyone!

They just put me on the wait-hold list..... so there is still hope!!

So happy to be starting here next year!

well I'm already in Touro Nevada......im not gonna wait another year lol! good luck to everyone on your future carers!! :)

Hi, I have an upcoming interview for Fall 2021 class and had a question for you guys. How can I best increase my chances for acceptance at this point? Is it just the interview performance? What do they seem to look for in an applicant?

Interviewed a few months ago and got in!

I'll be honest, I didn't like the panel interview. It's you and 2-3 other candidates vs. 2 faculty and 1 med student for I think 30 minutes? They ask you all a question then you have to go down the line and have some kind of answer prepared. I found it awkward since you feel like you need to talk for a long time, since you only get to answer maybe 4-5 question during the time period, plus I felt like I had to have an answer as cool as the person before me.

None of the questions caught me off guard or anything, just normal interview questions. They did their best to be nice but I just don't think it was the right interview style for me personally. Do your best to be confident and friendly and you will be okay.

I'm curious, can you share approximately how long people's answers ended up being during your interview? If they ask you a straight forward question and you give a concise 30 second answer, is that sufficient?

I'm curious, can you share approximately how long people's answers ended up being during your interview? If they ask you a straight forward question and you give a concise 30 second answer, is that sufficient?
I wouldn't focus on the length of your responses, just answer the question thoroughly. Also actively listen to the other applicants when they are answering questions. Pretty much just be yourself and you be fine.