2019-2020 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No idea.

Members don't see this ad.

I may be wrong, but don't they interview each MCAT score at all times? In other words, isn't there one person for each score? If that's the case, then theoretically there should be multiple people with a wide range of scores with II. Am I understanding this method of giving II correctly?
If I remember correctly, reviewing/scoring is done by MCAT. But once the applications go through the first review, they get submitted to Dean Arias, and she makes all decisions on whom to interview. @modernnarwhal24 might be able to shed some light on it?

To those who already received interview invites at Keck, what does health equity mean to you?
u/secondaries ... from the sounds of it... I’m sorry I really hate some of your questions on reddit.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It is a message board on reddit... basically SDN but with memes. Somebody asked this exact same question this morning there, thought it might have been you haha

It is him lol... Same exact questions about other schools as well...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
To those who got interview invites, how much do you think your answer to the "nickname" question played a factor? And what did you pick?

To those who got interview invites, how much do you think your answer to the "nickname" question played a factor? And what did you pick?

How could anyone possibly know the answer to that question?

We have officially reached peak neuroticism JFC.

Reactions: 6 users
To those who already received interview invites at Keck, what does health equity mean to you?
Wait we have a ayjaystud and ayjaystudent who joined 2 days apart, both trying to get other SDNers to do their homework for them... :unsure:

Reactions: 9 users
Dude i think it plays a really big role. I got an II so you should probably just use mine. Pm me your email and I’ll just email you my entire app.

/s

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

I answered RJ McReady...
Cause that’s what they call me...

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,
For the nickname secondary question, what do I do if I already have a nickname suited to my personality and that everyone knows me by?
Do I pick a new one or justify my current one @Moko and anyone else really

Do you like T-Bone Steak?
Then I’d go with Tbone...

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone,
For the nickname secondary question, what do I do if I already have a nickname suited to my personality and that everyone knows me by?
Do I pick a new one or justify my current one @Moko and anyone else really
Literally, put whatever you want. They are trying to get to know you. It isn't that serious of a question.

Reactions: 3 users
Literally, put whatever you want. They are trying to get to know you. It isn't that serious of a question.
Just to add- it is to get to know you. So if people just call you some nickname for the sake of a nickname, you might be able to share more about yourself by making a new nickname for yourself.. in my opinion

Reactions: 1 users
Got an II like 2 hours ago, complete July 17th

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone know what the "closed file" means in the interview format for USC? Does this mean they are blind interviews? Thanks and hope that you all get a USC II soon!

Does anyone know what the "closed file" means in the interview format for USC? Does this mean they are blind interviews? Thanks and hope that you all get a USC II soon!

yes :) so they haven't looked at any part of your file before going into the interview (the idea is to prevent biases)

Has anyone noticed when you check the portal under status and document status that the date of download for LOR keeps changing?
At first it was like 08/07 then it changed to 08/19 today. I was wondering if anyone else noticed this and if it has any bearing on if they are actively reviewing your app?

Has anyone noticed when you check the portal under status and document status that the date of download for LOR keeps changing?
At first it was like 08/07 then it changed to 08/19 today. I was wondering if anyone else noticed this and if it has any bearing on if they are actively reviewing your app?
Huh. Mine hasn't changed.

Someone in last year’s thread mentioned this theory too!

If you send any LOR from amcas to any school, then the date of LOR submission on the Keck portal will change to the last day you sent LOR through Amcas.

I was complete 7/20 but I just checked and it says 8/5 now hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
(so did I get tossed onto the backburner?)

If you send any LOR from amcas to any school, then the date of LOR submission on the Keck portal will change to the last day you sent LOR through Amcas.
Oh that makes sense. I applied to UVA 8/5. Can corroborate.

I was complete 7/2 and my LORs still all show they were downloaded on 7/2 :(

anyone who put "sdn" for "If you had enormous wealth, how would you allocate your charitable donations?" hear back yet? :angelic:

• Haha
anyone who put "sdn" for "If you had enormous wealth, how would you allocate your charitable donations?" hear back yet? :angelic:
oh I should have gone with SDN. I don't think my answer is doing me any favors :/

"The education system because I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to point to the US on a map because, uh, some, uh, people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our education like such as in South and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future. For our children."

It's only 2 sentences so I thought it would fly

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
oh I should have gone with SDN. I don't think my answer is doing me any favors :/

"The education system because I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to point to the US on a map because, uh, some, uh, people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our education like such as in South and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future. For our children."

reminds me of

:rofl:

Reactions: 1 user

Miss South Carolina you have been accepted to USC School of Medicine!

• Haha

I'm so happy to hear that Miss South Carolina decided to go back to school to become a doctor! ha - at least there's no geography on the MCAT!

• Haha
I'm so happy to hear that Miss South Carolina decided to go back to school to become a doctor! ha - at least there's no geography on the MCAT!
Except she accidentally applied to USC Keck instead of her state schools that have similar names.

• Haha

Just realized putting "Eliminating greed" for the "If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be?" prompt might not have been the best idea for USC... :rolleyes:

• Haha
Just realized putting "Eliminating greed" for the "If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be?" prompt might not have been the best idea for USC... :rolleyes:
Pay USC's admissions scandal fees lol

• Haha
Do they really separate in regards to mcat score? If so is it from high to low? Or random?