Nugester

2+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
People getting R from UCR? I'm still waiting for a secondary, app received.... something!

Jul 16, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
People getting R from UCR? I'm still waiting for a secondary, app received.... something!
check your junk mail! mine was there for a while before I found it

Nugester

2+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
check your junk mail! mine was there for a while before I found it
I have been on a regular basis since I found some secondaries a while back but nada from UCR.

Nugester

2+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Aug 6, 2019
OOS now, but with ties to Socal and the IE. Verified 6/4 so methinks I've been ghosted!
Someone on the UCR thread said that at an info session in June, adcom stated they would not be screening for secondaries this cycle but the secondary invite made it sound like they did? Maybe call to confirm?

Mar 21, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Has anyone with a 514 who submitted in July hear back yet?
+/- a few points on that mcat personally, and no II or R... no news is good news at this point. My guess is Keck's going in order of mcat (at least disregarding any special cases they may/may not have)

Reactions: Alco_Palco

InfectiousLaughter

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
Jul 7, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
+/- a few points on that mcat personally, and no II or R... no news is good news at this point. My guess is Keck's going in order of mcat (at least disregarding any special cases they may/may not have)
N of 1 here, but I was complete 7/12 with 526 MCAT and have not heard anything yet. Although that could mean I got put in a maybe pile early on and have been waiting there.

May 14, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
N of 1 here, but I was complete 7/12 with 526 MCAT and have not heard anything yet. Although that could mean I got put in a maybe pile early on and have been waiting there.
524 complete 7/20 still waiting too :c

Reactions: ochemOYB

doa718

2+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
To those who already received interview invites at Keck, what does health equity mean to you?
I gave my own brief definition of health equity then talked about how growing up in an underprivileged environment has motivated me to be an inclusive physician capable of providing aid to communities similar to my own.

ochemOYB

2+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Maybe the guy reviewing us 524's is slow xP (it's true that USC reviewers are assigned only one MCAT score each right?)
I do believe I read about this somewhere!

InfectiousLaughter

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
Jul 7, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
no worries dude, last year i was complete around 7/20ish and I got the II mid september
Oh I’m perfectly happy waiting :) I was just giving insight to the person whose post I quoted to indicate that they may not be reviewing in order of MCAT scores.

Thank you for the encouragement!

Reactions: EmbryonalCarcinoma
Nov 17, 2018
PITT ROUND TWO LETS GO
wait what happened at pittsburgh

FYI, your profile pic is the Staff of Hermes (or Caduceus) and is not related to medicine. The correct symbol is Rod of Asclepius (with one snake only) Rod of Asclepius - Wikipedia

This symbol is seen also on World Health Organization' logo.

View attachment 276364
symbols can change meaning based on how people interpret them. many people take the staff of hermes as a medical symbol, despite its origins

May 14, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
You missed out... it's all about receiving a complete email. Apparently everybody who received IIs either only received a complete email a few hours before the II or never received a complete email. Nobody who received a complete email immediately after secondary submission has reported getting an II.

Reactions: coffee&scrubs
Nov 17, 2018
You missed out... it's all about receiving a complete email. Apparently everybody who received IIs either only received a complete email a few hours before the II or never received a complete email. Nobody who received a complete email immediately after secondary submission has reported getting an II.
oh wow ****ing wild m8. no complete email from them yet, so perhaps that's a good omen.

also tfw we're talking about every other med school except keck in here

Jul 21, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Complete 07/21. Still haven’t heard back.. anyone with a 519 MCAT hear back yet? If they’re going in order just wondering if I got thrown into a maybe pile.

Jul 1, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Complete 07/21. Still haven’t heard back.. anyone with a 519 MCAT hear back yet? If they’re going in order just wondering if I got thrown into a maybe pile.
Similar boat ~ 518 . Completed 7/21 and haven't heard back.

ayjaystudent

2+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical

symbols can change meaning based on how people interpret them. many people take the staff of hermes as a medical symbol, despite its origins

Yeah, because they mistake Hermes staff for the correct staff and according to wikipedia, it's "a result of documented mistakes, misunderstandings and confusion":

doa718

2+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Yeee I got an II on 7/16 and I was complete 7/10ish

Aug 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
For people who got II today, are November interview dates the only ones available? Does that seem a little late in the cycle?

peanuttbuttah

goes with everything
Mar 26, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Same boat, but 523 and 7/3.
I remember like 2-3 weeks ago like 6 people in the 517-518 range got IIs at the same time... maybe the reviewer for our scores hasn't submitted to Dr. Arias yet?

EmbryonalCarcinoma

Good luck, everyone!
Feb 26, 2019
I remember like 2-3 weeks ago like 6 people in the 517-518 range got IIs at the same time... maybe the reviewer for our scores hasn't submitted to Dr. Arias yet?
That would be my guess too. Haven’t seen anyone in our range report an II yet and they do say one reviewer looks at all applicants with a given MCAT score. I’m definitely not expecting one at this point but it’s fun to speculate.

Last edited:
Reactions: ComeHomeLeBron

EmbryonalCarcinoma

Good luck, everyone!
Feb 26, 2019
Does Keck review based on MCAT scores or something? How does that work?

“Dr. Raquel D. Arias, associate dean of admissions at Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, explains, “In order to give every candidate a fair review of their personal qualities and accomplishments, a single screener evaluates all candidates with a particular MCAT score at our school. This controls for the inevitable influence that this important test has on the process. An admissions officer reads every application submitted to the school.” (There is no automated filter.)”

May 17, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Now that I realized they review by MCAT, anyone with a 516 hear back with an II?