Dec 24, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
And for those who got the R, did they email it or did you check on the portal? And I'm sure you guys are gonna have more II from other schools!

Jul 16, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
hey guys, an R is better then what the Loughlin's are going through right now with USC LOL. At least none of us are paying for an artificial acceptance

ayjaystudent

2+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Oh? I learned about it from Facebook - Idk which is more embarrassing
Interesting. The "F" thing is literally from a video game and reddit has a bunch of gamers:
I wonder if facebook peeps use it differently because when someone says facebook, I associate it with my aunts and uncles and other populations who do not play video games heavily.

Reactions: OxenFoxen
May 25, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Interesting. The "F" thing is literally from a video game and reddit has a bunch of gamers:
I wonder if facebook peeps use it differently because when someone says facebook, I associate it with my aunts and uncles and other populations who do not play video games heavily.
Facebook has some dank meme pages. Don't sleep on 'em

Nugester

2+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
And for those who got the R, did they email it or did you check on the portal? And I'm sure you guys are gonna have more II from other schools!
E-mail.

Reactions: somuchforhms

ef2497ef

2+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Sorry just curious
Sorry didn’t mean to sound aggressive. It just makes me sad to see people on here ask questions like complete dates that just give them reasons to think something’s wrong with their app cause they haven’t gotten an interview, or that they’re on their way to an R cause others received some. It’s not over till it’s over, and I just want everyone to have faith in their apps!

May 10, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
First R of the cycle. I was also a reapplicant. I’m kind of annoyed because if they don’t consider reapplicants, they literally just took all our money for no reason...

Is anyone who got an interview a reapplicant?

Good luck to those of you continuing on at USC!

Developer

5+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2013
California
Status
Pre-Medical
First R of the cycle. I was also a reapplicant. I’m kind of annoyed because if they don’t consider reapplicants, they literally just took all our money for no reason...

Is anyone who got an interview a reapplicant?

Good luck to those of you continuing on at USC!
If I remember correctly, someone who posted on here about their II in early July said they were a re-applicant. Might be somewhere on page 2-3 of this thread

Reactions: DocKwisG
May 16, 2018
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
R today at 1, also a reapplicant. Felt my stats were on the money and my application was really buffed up. Good luck to everyone.
Same! My stats were good before so I thought it was my ECs. Took two years off, got two pubs, 4k+ hours research, 400+ hours service. And I was like okay I feel beefy now, hoping for the best. Nope; rejected faster than last time

Nov 17, 2018
Same! My stats were good before so I thought it was my ECs. Took two years off, got two pubs, 4k+ hours research, 400+ hours service. And I was like okay I feel beefy now, hoping for the best. Nope; rejected faster than last time
i feel this deep in my soul. after last year's interview, i added 2k+ clinical hours, additional non-clinical volunteering, developed stronger ties to Keck and its patient population, yet still got blown out in the end

Oct 11, 2018
Has Keck been this brutal to reapplicants in the past?

Jun 14, 2018
Keck is honestly the most greedy school I’ve ever come across. Just got rejected as a reapplicant. If they don’t consider reapplicants, the least they could do is to let us know before we pay for the application and spend hours filling out their secondary. But nope, they love their money. I guess I should’ve known better applying to a school that accepts people based on lies and huge wallets.

Jul 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
complete 7/10; havent heard anything yet.. IS.

May 3, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Keck is honestly the most greedy school I’ve ever come across. Just got rejected as a reapplicant. If they don’t consider reapplicants, the least they could do is to let us know before we pay for the application and spend hours filling out their secondary. But nope, they love their money. I guess I should’ve known better applying to a school that accepts people based on lies and huge wallets.
With USC's ugly underbelly coming to light over the past year, are you really surprised? USC was always one of my dream undergraduate schools growing up, but even back in my wee old days, it was pretty common knowledge that USC loves their money. Even before the recent celebrity admissions scandal, the common joke among everyone was that a $10,000 bribe could get anyone in (family member was an alum).

If any of you are even tangentially interested in college football, I highly encourage you to read the LATimes articles detailing the culture created under recently-ousted president Nikias. Touches on the scandals about the medical school and dean as well.

Reactions: Alco_Palco
Jan 3, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
With USC's ugly underbelly coming to light over the past year, are you really surprised? USC was always one of my dream undergraduate schools growing up, but even back in my wee old days, it was pretty common knowledge that USC loves their money. Even before the recent celebrity admissions scandal, the common joke among everyone was that a $10,000 bribe could get anyone in (family member was an alum).

If any of you are even tangentially interested in college football, I highly encourage you to read the LATimes articles detailing the culture created under recently-ousted president Nikias. Touches on the scandals about the medical school and dean as well.
You guys need to chill. It’ll be okay.

Reactions: filthy_premed
May 3, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
You guys need to chill. It’ll be okay.
Not concerned at all. California schools were always going to be a huge reach being OOS. OP just reminded me of an article I read a few months ago that I thought would be interesting. USC is obviously a dope school regardless.

Detective SnowBucket

2+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
hey guys, an R is better then what the Loughlin's are going through right now with USC LOL. At least none of us are paying for an artificial acceptance
Yea but.....I would heheh

Jul 16, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Has anyone with a 514 who submitted in July hear back yet?
did you already do the secondary? I have 512, submit the secondary in July and didn't hear back!