-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Wake Forest
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I just read last year's thread and the first WL movement I saw was May 1, after the April 30 deadline :/ By that point I doubt when you interviewed will matter much.congrats to everyone with the A!
For those of us on WL - if we're still "early" in the process, do we have a better shot at getting WL->A, or does anyone know how they decide on WL movement? last year i saw people from March getting in off the WL, so how does that impact us if we interviewed in Sep?
I'm really bummed. I absolutely fell in love with this school.
Last edited:
D
deleted820490
II received! complete early Aug
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DiabeticMed
Full Member
sooo I just received my first med school interview request & its from this school (which I'm insanely stoked about since it was a reach school for me). I need some advice--keep in mind I haven't done interview prepping or anything. My options are October 21st (legit less than a week away) or November 18th. I know that the earlier you interview the better your chances are, but do you think I can be ready for the interview and do well in less than a week? Thanks!
D
deleted820490
Do novemb
Do november 18th, we cant take risks in our positionssooo I just received my first med school interview request & its from this school (which I'm insanely stoked about since it was a reach school for me). I need some advice--keep in mind I haven't done interview prepping or anything. My options are October 21st (legit less than a week away) or November 18th. I know that the earlier you interview the better your chances are, but do you think I can be ready for the interview and do well in less than a week? Thanks!
ayemcee
Full Member
Agreed, MMI in particular requires a tad more prep and confidence in my opinion!Do novemb
Do november 18th, we cant take risks in our positions
I would do earlier. My opinion is that you should do some practice MMI questions, but I think you can accomplish that in just a few days.sooo I just received my first med school interview request & its from this school (which I'm insanely stoked about since it was a reach school for me). I need some advice--keep in mind I haven't done interview prepping or anything. My options are October 21st (legit less than a week away) or November 18th. I know that the earlier you interview the better your chances are, but do you think I can be ready for the interview and do well in less than a week? Thanks!
BaxandWinny
Full Member
II today! (my first one and I'm soooo relieved) Complete 8/19, OOS
Congrats to all of the IIs! Are you receiving these via email or in the portal?
DiabeticMed
Full Member
via emailCongrats to all of the IIs! Are you receiving these via email or in the portal?
II today! (my first one and I'm soooo relieved) Complete 8/19, OOS
Not to be that paranoid person but what was your "confirmed" date on the portal? (I know we've established there's likely no correlation...)
so when you look at details under the application what is the difference between sent and confirmed? I received a complete email way earlier than my confirmed date so it can't be the same thing..
II !! Totally didn't expect one yet. Stoked!!
II !! Totally didn't expect one yet. Stoked!!
Congrats!! When were you complete/what's your LizzyM if you don't mind sharing?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!! When were you complete/what's your LizzyM if you don't mind sharing?
Complete Aug 21 and my LizzyM is 64. My extracurriculars are pretty good though
Complete Aug 21 and my LizzyM is 64. My extracurriculars are pretty good though
This is useful intel, thanks! Glad they're getting to late August, I was complete 8/30 oooooh
BaxandWinny
Full Member
Actually my confirmed date was Oct 2nd. I haven't been following the thread on this topic but is that supposed to be the day they looked at my application?Not to be that paranoid person but what was your "confirmed" date on the portal? (I know we've established there's likely no correlation...)
When were you "confirmed" in your app portal?This is useful intel, thanks! Glad they're getting to late August, I was complete 8/30 oooooh
AH yes I was wondering this as wellActually my confirmed date was Oct 2nd. I haven't been following the thread on this topic but is that supposed to be the day they looked at my application?
When were you "confirmed" in your app portal?
Posted that date earlier in the thread. Pretty sure it means nothing because some people got confirmed after they had already gotten an II.
D
deleted820490
confirmed date doesnt mean anything at all i believe
Does everyone's waitlist email say "favorable position" in it? Or did they actually only said it to people who ACTUALLY have a favorable position?
II invite this morning! I have to reschedule though so I am not sure when but dates offered were early December!
towards the end of July, after 7/20/19What were your submit dates?
7/2/19 complete dateWhat were your submit dates?
futuredoctorjanedoe
Full Member
I hate that I've become this person but.. would you mind sharing LM?II this morning and I think I’m also withdrawing. Hoping one of you guys gets it! OOS and complete 7/3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hate that I've become this person but.. would you mind sharing LM?
No worries this process is tough. LM ~71 and I’m a URM. Good luck!
Unless something totally radical has changed, you will start in JulyDoes anyone know when the class of 2024 will start? Is it May or July? I keep hearing conflicting times!
Does everyone's waitlist email say "favorable position" in it? Or did they actually only said it to people who ACTUALLY have a favorable position?
It’s the same email for everyone. And it’s “favorable” because 25% of their class comes from it.
It’s the same email for everyone. And it’s “favorable” because 25% of their class comes from it.
Doesn't sound that favorable to me

Doesn't sound that favorable to me![]()
25% is favorable in the sense that others schools only take a few people from the waitlist while they take 35 people.
D
deleted1008720
Does anyone know how many people are normally waitlisted? It seems like a lot.
Idk what to tell you. But if you do let me know how it goes!Do you think calling to check up on my app is a good idea? Complete 7/20
Do you think calling to check up on my app is a good idea? Complete 7/20
Really no point tbh. I think they dont even go in order. Its a long grueling process, unfortunately you gotta give it time.
Unlikely that you'll get a straight answer to this since we signed an NDA, can't share any info about the MMII received an Interview but are the MMI stations scenario based? Or is it just different stations asking about different parts of your application? I'm not sure how to prepare for this interview
I received an Interview but are the MMI stations scenario based? Or is it just different stations asking about different parts of your application? I'm not sure how to prepare for this interview
MMI’s are scenario based. You can google practice MMI questions. They aren’t about your application.
I submitted my letter of interest! Does anyone know if I should expect an email confirmation? Still hoping for some love against all odds lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I LOVED my interview at Wake Forest, but I’ve also been fortunate enough to be accepted by a school in Texas that would cost half as much. Does anyone know how Wake Forest is with scholarships and when we would find out about them?
MilkshakeDuck
Full Member
Just got an interview! Submitted on 10/5. Fingers crossed. I wonder if MMI will be an in person equivalent of Casper? I’m great at normal interviews but I’m a little worried
My experience with MMIs is that they are somewhere in between the CASPer and a “normal interview.” Best advice is to just be relaxed and honestJust got an interview! Submitted on 10/5. Fingers crossed. I wonder if MMI will be an in person equivalent of Casper? I’m great at normal interviews but I’m a little worried
ihopetibiadoc
Full Member
I did not get a confirmation when I uploaded mineI submitted my letter of interest! Does anyone know if I should expect an email confirmation? Still hoping for some love against all odds lol
should i send letter of interest if i havent gotten II yet