2019-2020 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For the unique prompt, would talking about my time studying abroad in Japan be appropriate? I've had a lifelong interest and respect for Japanese culture which is what drove me to study there.

Members don't see this ad.

For the unique prompt, would talking about my time studying abroad in Japan be appropriate? I've had a lifelong interest and respect for Japanese culture which is what drove me to study there.
I think that would definitely add to your application if you have not already elaborated on it

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anybody else get that "Apply for Us" email from Wayne State just now and momentarily lose it or was that just me

Is anyone else having issues with paying their application fee? I did it, followed the directions, hit "sign out", and got back to the Application Fee page, but it still says its not paid and I haven't received an email of confirmation yet either. Unable to submit for this reason.

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone else having issues with paying their application fee? I did it, followed the directions, hit "sign out", and got back to the Application Fee page, but it still says its not paid and I haven't received an email of confirmation yet either. Unable to submit for this reason.

I had this problem! This resulted in me being a day late past their wanted deadline (total 15 days) With their two-week rule, how bad is this?

I had this problem! This resulted in me being a day late past their wanted deadline (total 15 days)
emoji20.png
With their two-week rule, how bad is this?

Same issue with me, which sucks because I'm now also past their 2-week deadline. Hopefully, its not too bad! It's only an extra day! How did you resolve the issue about paying the fee?

I had this problem! This resulted in me being a day late past their wanted deadline (total 15 days) With their two-week rule, how bad is this?
Same issue with me, which sucks because I'm now also past their 2-week deadline. Hopefully, its not too bad! It's only an extra day! How did you resolve the issue about paying the fee?
Because it's actually just a day, it might be a good idea to send an email stating that you tried to submit within the window but couldn't due to payment errors. I feel like there may or may not be a check mark they see as "within 2 weeks" and if they put a note on your app you could avoid having an (albeit small) red flag

Because it's actually just a day, it might be a good idea to send an email stating that you tried to submit within the window but couldn't due to payment errors. I feel like there may or may not be a check mark they see as "within 2 weeks" and if they put a note on your app you could avoid having an (albeit small) red flag

Do you think I should also email them? I submitted my secondary at 11:30pm ET, but on my application status it says I submitted the next day, putting me at 2 weeks and 1 day :(

Do you think I should also email them? I submitted my secondary at 11:30pm ET, but on my application status it says I submitted the next day, putting me at 2 weeks and 1 day :(
I am by no means an expert but if I were in that situation I would. Just to avoid having something counted against you when you really shouldn't. For the most part I know it's smart not to spam admin offices, but this to me seems like a legit reason to reach out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have trouble viewing their application status? On the first page after I login there's this "To view your application status go here. " that takes me to a separate login page that won't let me login with my username & password for the secondary application portal. I used the forgotten password link but it's taking forever to send me an email.

Does anyone have trouble viewing their application status? On the first page after I login there's this "To view your application status go here. " that takes me to a separate login page that won't let me login with my username & password for the secondary application portal. I used the forgotten password link but it's taking forever to send me an email.
Try your AMCAS ID

I am by no means an expert but if I were in that situation I would. Just to avoid having something counted against you when you really shouldn't. For the most part I know it's smart not to spam admin offices, but this to me seems like a legit reason to reach out.

Thanks for the advice! I agree with you, def not best to spam them, but a single e-mail relaying the situation couldn't hurt.

I have seen that too. It’s unrelated. They used to have a different system but apparently this year they changed it. From what I understand last year you had to make an account with Wayne state and not use the AMCAS ID. Try navigating through the tabs to see your application status

I have seen that too. It’s unrelated. They used to have a different system but apparently this year they changed it. From what I understand last year you had to make an account with Wayne state and not use the AMCAS ID. Try navigating through the tabs to see your application status
alright I'll just stick to refreshing"communication status" every few minutes then. I'm also an EDP applicant so I will post any updates.

I can't for the life of me find where they specified the two week rule? I looked on the application portal and in the secondary email but can't seem to find it.

I can't for the life of me find where they specified the two week rule? I looked on the application portal and in the secondary email but can't seem to find it.

My secondary email stated: “We advise completing the secondary application within 2 weeks.”

It would be strange if they didn’t send the same email to everybody imo. Weird

Is anyone else not able to upload update publications/letters? It shows me an error code when I try to do this.

My secondary email stated: “We advise completing the secondary application within 2 weeks.”

The only email I can find for the secondary invitation is very short and sweet: "Please complete the secondary application materials by logging into the Application Portal here. Please let us know if you have any issues or questions regarding the secondary application." I can't find anything else in my inbox so that is definitely weird if they sent different emails.

The only email I can find for the secondary invitation is very short and sweet: "Please complete the secondary application materials by logging into the Application Portal here. Please let us know if you have any issues or questions regarding the secondary application." I can't find anything else in my inbox so that is definitely weird if they sent different emails.

Are you IS? I’m OOS so maybe they sent different ones to in-state students? Idk I’m grasping at straws. Also I got my secondary on 7/8 when was yours sent?

Are you IS? I’m OOS so maybe they sent different ones to in-state students? Idk I’m grasping at straws. Also I got my secondary on 7/8 when was yours sent?
I thought about that, I am in-state so that could be a possibility. Mine was sent on 7/3

+1 my e-mail also stated this

Any other reapplicants get this message?

"Due to an error in the processing software (AMP) setup, the secondary application essay for previous application applicants was missing from your application portal. I have reopened the application for two weeks to allow you to complete that essay. Please do so as soon as possible. This will not delay the review of your materials."

When I initially submitted my secondary there was no reapplicant essay and now when they opened it back up there was one

Any other reapplicants get this message?

"Due to an error in the processing software (AMP) setup, the secondary application essay for previous application applicants was missing from your application portal. I have reopened the application for two weeks to allow you to complete that essay. Please do so as soon as possible. This will not delay the review of your materials."

When I initially submitted my secondary there was no reapplicant essay and now when they opened it back up there was one

Yep. Pretty sure it was a system-wide issue where the application portal just didn't have the reapplicant essay the first time

Yep. Pretty sure it was a system-wide issue where the application portal just didn't have the reapplicant essay the first time
Ok good, glad i didn't just happen to miss an essay completely. I'm hoping it doesn't put us at a disadvantage since we are now submitting our "complete" application at a much later date than when we originally submitted.

Ok good, glad i didn't just happen to miss an essay completely. I'm hoping it doesn't put us at a disadvantage since we are now submitting our "complete" application at a much later date than when we originally submitted.

I got worried I'd missed it at first too haha. And yeah I hope so too, although since every single reapplicant (besides people who haven't yet sent theirs in) will be in this position, hopefully they'll take it into account...

My email said it wouldn't "delay the review of your materials" so I'm assuming we should be good.

I bet they just dont want any people who applied last year lmao.
I know they changed their system this year. Apparently, in previous years it was much more complicated and they would issue specific wayne state IDs to applicants. So I am assuming they are really just are adjusting

Yeah if they didn’t want reapplicants they wouldn’t have gone through all the trouble of reopening the portal so we can submit this essay lol I mean they can tell from my primary that I’m reapplying soooo

This may be really dumb but I was wondering what you guys thought of this. For the question "
If you could tell the admissions committee one thing unique about yourself that isn’t medically related, what would it be," I wanted to write about how I have a very big extended family. I have 8 aunts, and 2 uncles on my moms side and 3 Aunts and 5 uncles on my Dads side. I have over 80 first cousins (its really hard to keep track) (I also have 5 weddings to go to this year. ALL FIRST COUSINS!) It is fun though. Would this be a good approach to answering this question or am I being crazy?
I think an incredibly large family is definitely unique. I think it would be fine to talk about that as long as you connect it back to yourself

Aw man this just happened to me. I thought it was on ET, but it turns out they use UTC. Did you end up emailing them about it?

Aw man this just happened to me. I thought it was on ET, but it turns out they use UTC. Did you end up emailing them about it?
Yeah I did. I'll let you know what they say!

For the leadership question, the only thing I can think of would be a group project leader in class, do you guys think it would be be a good enough response?
And if so, I had 2 classes where that happened, 1 where I really had to put in work but the mark ended up being only a B (not my fault) whist the other one not as much work but it was an A. Which should I think? Any opinion is appreciated, thanks

Last edited:
For the leadership question, the only thing I can think of would be a group project leader in class, do you guys think it would be be a good enough response?
And if so, I had 2 classes where that happened, 1 where I really had to put in work but the mark ended up being only a B (not my fault) whist the other one not as much work but it was an A. Which should I think? Any opinion is appreciated, thanks
Try and think about the one that you played an essential role in. You always want an answer that has substance. If you did not really do work for the one you got an A I don’t really know what you would talk about. I don’t think they are necessarily looking at the outcome but more so your motivation

Verified 7/18/19
Secondary received 7/19/19
Secondary submitted and complete 7/27/19

Do they only do grade replacement for PG. long story short I have a huge upward trend. I had a lot of family issues due to a health condition my mom has, and did god awful my first two years. Started over and have been 3.7+ since.

MCAT: 515

AMCAS sGPAs:
Fresh: 1.74
Sophomore: 3.72
Junior: 3.95
Senior: 3.81
Overall: 3.34

cGPA: fresh- 2.11, soph- 3.73 junior- 3.98 senior- 3.87 (taking 19 credit a semester) Overall cGPA: 3.18

Last edited:
Do they only do grade replacement for PG. long story short I have a huge upward trend. I had a lot of family issues due to a health condition my mom has, and did god awful my first two years. Started over and have been 3.7+ since.

MCAT: 515

AMCAS sGPAs:
Fresh: 1.74
Sophomore: 3.72
Junior: 3.95
Senior: 3.81
Overall: 3.34

cGPA: fresh- 2.11, soph- 3.73 junior- 3.98 senior- 3.87 (taking 19 credit a semester) Overall cGPA: 3.18

These kind of questions you will only get a definite answer if you send them an email. No harm in asking.

Anyone else apply through the EDP? If so, have you received an invite to interview yet or will those be sent out on (or after) August 1st?