2019-2020 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Roy Wilson apparently loves sabotaging our wallets and rocketing our debts, other universities are providing free tuition while wayne is going the other way #waynestated

edit- my fin aid shows tuition fees at $37,601 as an M1 IS

Update: Tuition increase was approved today

Members don't see this ad.

The Board of Governors will be voting on a 4.5% tuition increase for in state students and 2.5% tuition increase for out of state/international students starting this upcoming year. The vote will be this Friday. It seems likely to pass.

Vote passed today. It comes out to an additional ~$1500/year

Update: Tuition increase was approved today

Alongside a 20% pay cut for the new dean on the 5th day of his new job. But he actually approved of the new budget, so I think it’s fair to say he’s not a money-hungry leader.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Alongside a 20% pay cut for the new dean on the 5th day of his new job. But he actually approved of the new budget, so I think it’s fair to say he’s not a money-hungry leader.

Damn, there goes the plan for bribery.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Just got my acceptance, I was waitlisted Feb. 13, interviewed Jan. 17. Good luck everyone.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey yall super excited came off the WL yesterday. When do I need to PTE by?

Reactions: 11 users
Withdrew from the waitlist today, it was a good run with you all. Best of luck to everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 9 users
When did you interview ? Mine was the 27th of Jan .. still waiting

January 31st, and I feel you. It sucks to wait for so long without an acceptance.

Question for the people who have been accepted off the waitlist recently... did you send LOI’s or anything post-waitlist decision?

Just got my acceptance, I was waitlisted Feb. 13, interviewed Jan. 17. Good luck everyone.

Gratz! Do you mind specifying IS or OOS?

Could everyone specify when accepted. IS/ OOS, interview/waitlist date, LM score too if possible. Thank you.

Gratz! Do you mind specifying IS or OOS?

Could everyone specify when accepted. IS/ OOS, interview/waitlist date, LM score too if possible. Thank you.
Accepted 5/3. IS. Interviewed 1/27, waitlisted 2/13. LM 72.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know what's going on with the corona response and online classes for M1's next year? Also is there anywhere to check classes, the curriculum, and how the year will begin?

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know what's going on with the corona response and online classes for M1's next year? Also is there anywhere to check classes, the curriculum, and how the year will begin?

Yeah, those accepted received an email about 3 weeks ago detailing that the first 2 courses will be taught online (Learning strategies of Physicians in training and Foundations: fundamentals of human disease) and they will start on July 13 as scheduled. They also had a visual of the longitudinal curriculum on their second look day presentation. It might be online somewhere though

Reactions: 4 users
Wayne said they would be sending out more info in May. But as of right now they just told us our first two classes will be online and start 7/13. Here is a link to the google calendar though that has a little more info for the semester. You have to go to July 2020 etc. At first there wasn’t anything there so they must’ve updated sometime within the last couple weeks! it looks like our in person orientation is going to be at the end of August. Segment 1 Schedule: Fundamentals of a Healthy Patient

Reactions: 4 users
Wayne said they would be sending out more info in May. But as of right now they just told us our first two classes will be online and start 7/13. Here is a link to the google calendar though that has a little more info for the semester. You have to go to July 2020 etc. At first there wasn’t anything there so they must’ve updated sometime within the last couple weeks! it looks like our in person orientation is going to be at the end of August. Segment 1 Schedule: Fundamentals of a Healthy Patient
very helpful thank you!

have all of the second look day scholarships already been given out?

Withdrew from the waitlist today. Hang in there everyone!

Reactions: 10 users
Accepted off of the waitlist this morning, have decided to withdraw after considering my options. Good luck to you all!

Reactions: 10 users
Accepted off of the waitlist this morning, have decided to withdraw after considering my options. Good luck to you all!

Congratulations!! What time did you get their email ? Also does the acceptance automatically upload on the portal Or does it take some time to upload ?

Congratulations!! What time did you get their email ? Also does the acceptance automatically upload on the portal Or does it take some time to upload ?

I got the email at 9:30 this morning. I dont know when it uploads on the portal - I just went on the portal about 2 hours after receiving the email to withdraw.

Would anyone recommend emailing admissions after submitting a letter of interest to the portal or is that redundant?

Would anyone recommend emailing admissions after submitting a letter of interest to the portal or is that redundant?

Just called like two hrs ago, they said send updates to portal . But that they aren’t 100% confident that anyone will read it at this point . It’s kind of you and your luck .. and said they’re accepting people as people decline , but didn’t mention anything about waves of movement .

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted last night, OOS, interviewed Feb 10 waitlisted a month later. Unfortunately had to decide to let it go. Hang in there everyone, y'alls A's are on their way!

LM ~73

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users
Accepted last night, OOS, interviewed Feb 10 waitlisted a month later. Unfortunately had to decide to let it go. Hang in there everyone, y'alls A's are on their way!
If you don't mind, what is your LM score/are you URM or ORM?

Any Canadians accepted from waitlist? LM 75.5 here.
I have a working theory that Canadian students won't see much movement until acceptances from Canadian schools which start coming in on May 15th. Then perhaps ppl decline Wayne state opening up possible Wayne state spots that they can fill back up with Canadians.

Has anyone who got the additional Skype interview been accepted?

does anyone know how the ****show with the dmc and/or henry ford will affect incoming m1 students?