2019-2020 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any movement off the waitlist today/yesterday?

Members don't see this ad.

Not that I've seen. I called yesterday and they said they were still finalizing the class.
They usually accept people up until orientation. Did it seem as though they are ahead on the waitlist-acceptances process? I really hope they keep sending them out sooner rather than later.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone else feel strange that Wayne usually has a lot of movement but it seems that not much has been happening?

Reactions: 2 users
I was accepted this morning and was given two weeks to make my decision. (IS, LM 73, WL in November)

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
They usually accept people up until orientation. Did it seem as though they are ahead on the waitlist-acceptances process? I really hope they keep sending them out sooner rather than later.
Same. My spouse is currently interviewing for jobs up there, just in case, but I also have kids who will need school, daycare, doctors and a home in Detroit ASAP. Not to mention selling our house in our current town.

Reactions: 1 users
I was accepted this morning and was given two weeks to make my decision. (IS, LM 73, WL in November)
Congrats!!! Did you send a letter of intent or update? Also what time did they email you? Thanks!

Same. My spouse is currently interviewing for jobs up there, just in case, but I also have kids who will need school, daycare, doctors and a home in Detroit ASAP. Not to mention selling our house in our current town.
All the best to you, I hope you hear some good news soon!

Congrats!!! Did you send a letter of intent or update? Also what time did they email you? Thanks!

No LOI, but I did send an update last fall prior to my II. Email was around 10am

Reactions: 1 user
its not actually 2 weeks. Wayne in the portal on the acknowledge standards thing says you have 5 days to respond to an offer between May 1st -31st. Just trying to make sure you dont accidentally lose a spot.

Reactions: 5 users
its not actually 2 weeks. Wayne in the portal on the acknowledge standards thing says you have 5 days to respond to an offer between May 1st -31st. Just trying to make sure you dont accidentally lose a spot.

hmm okay. That's good to know, because I do not see that anywhere in my portal. Do you think it just takes a bit for the portal to update after an acceptance?

hmm okay. That's good to know, because I do not see that anywhere in my portal. Do you think it just takes a bit for the portal to update after an acceptance?
its not easy to find but i guarantee it's there. I think you click WSUSOM acknowledge standards which shows a timeline which then says what to do in if accepting an offer off the waitlist.

I just tried logging in and was fine and didn’t have a problem. What’s going on , on your end ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the applicant.med.wayne.edu page does not load for me, no matter what device, can someone help?

Members don't see this ad :)
the applicant.med.wayne.edu page does not load for me, no matter what device, can someone help?

I have had trouble when I try to type it into the browser, but it always works if I find an old email from the “mdadmissions” address and click the link from the email text.

I’ve had the same problem for several months now
try

Just withdrew my acceptance! Hope it goes to u sdn goofs that are still on the waitlist. Good luck y’all

Reactions: 14 users
try
That worked, thank you!

I want an A too. Been on the WL since February and I just want one accpetance. When is it gonna be our turn?

Reactions: 9 users
I want an A too. Been on the WL since February and I just want one accpetance. When is it gonna be our turn?
Same literally just one acceptance is all I want lol.

Reactions: 8 users
+3 sameee !! Hopefully we hear something soon

+4!!! I’m literally dying thinking about applying again and I really just want to get into Wayne State. *crosses fingers and prays to the doctor gods above us*

Reactions: 4 users
Got an acceptance this morning! It was my second year applying, so I know how stressful the process is. Best of luck everyone and I hope you all gets an acceptance.
GPA: 3.8
MCAT: 519
Canadian
interviewed: early november

Reactions: 8 users
Got an acceptance this morning! It was my second year applying, so I know how stressful the process is. Best of luck everyone and I hope you all gets an acceptance.
Canadian

Congrats! Were you on the waitlist prior to acceptance?

Withdrew my acceptance. It was tough because I was really excited for the clinical opportunities in Detroit. Hoping it goes to one of yall

Reactions: 6 users
A lil' late to the game but was accepted off the Waitlist last Saturday...still extremely numb about it because it's the first A of the cycle but it's slowly starting to hit me! To say that the whole process was crazy tough would be the biggest understatement of the century. LOL I literally made an SDN account just now to tell my fellow Waitlist crew that ya'll are amazingly strong and to hang in there just a while longer!
GPA: 3.9
MCAT: 516
OOS
Interviewed: Early February

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Hi everyone, I'm wondering how we are feeling in terms of the waitlist movement at WSU SOM? Should we expect a lot more acceptances off the WL? A little more? None at all?
Wish I knew. I need one acceptance.

Reactions: 4 users
I recently got my first MD acceptance off the waitlist at Wayne State. I’m having a hard time deciding between them and a DO school I got accepted to that’s a 15 minute drive from my house. Does selecting plan to enroll mean you can no longer hold an acceptance at an osteopathic school? Do they communicate with ACOMAS people or is it just a separate system? Also would appreciate talking to any current/former students about the school.

Canadian
Congratulations! Canadian here too. LM 75.5. Waitlisted in Dec. No news yet. When were you waitlisted?

I recently got my first MD acceptance off the waitlist at Wayne State. I’m having a hard time deciding between them and a DO school I got accepted to that’s a 15 minute drive from my house. Does selecting plan to enroll mean you can no longer hold an acceptance at an osteopathic school? Do they communicate with ACOMAS people or is it just a separate system? Also would appreciate talking to any current/former students about the school.

Congratulations!! Not a current student but thought this might help in your decision making as these are questions I ask myself when I think of med school - What DO school did you get into ?
When looking at what school you want to attend: I would legit consider cost/tuition , location , what philosophy fits with you regarding allopathic vs osteopathic. Sit down and write a list (legit) and pick the one you feel resonates with you. It’s helped on most days that I’ve felt stuck on a decision . It may also help you when a current student here posts too I think they are separate apps with individual traffic guidelines but I think AMCOMAS also has a traffic date coming right ? Which is May 15 . not too sure about the communication part though between the two apps , but I would try figure it out soon after weighing both of the pros and cons of each school , just for the sake of prepping living purposes. Hope this helped

Last edited:
Congratulations! Canadian here too. LM 75.5. Waitlisted in Dec. No news yet. When were you waitlisted?
I was waitlisted near the end of November. Best of luck let me! Let me know if you have more questions.

They don’t communicate with each other. They’re entirely separate systems. I had this same question when I applied and I asked someone from admissions at one of the DO schools and they said no they can’t see any MD acceptances you have and vice versa.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted just now off the waitlist-- stats in sig, regular decision but interviewed in August. Barring any further waitlist movement, next stop Detroit!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Accepted just now off the waitlist-- stats in sig, regular decision but interviewed in August. Barring any further waitlist movement, next stop Detroit!
Seeya there next year my man. Major congrats seen you in the WL support thread!

Does adcom usually check update/letter of intents when deciding who to pull off the waitlist? Sent both after my interview (11/1)and I am still on the WL. Wondering if I wrote those for nothing lol

Does adcom usually check update/letter of intents when deciding who to pull off the waitlist? Sent both after my interview (11/1)and I am still on the WL. Wondering if I wrote those for nothing lol
Had mine written end of March and they replied with a thank you letter the next day. Still silent and on the WL. And I thought my interview was great.

If it helps, I got accepted on Friday morning, and I sent an update letter exactly a week before. I interviewed on February 10th, and had been on the waitlist since March

Sent a letter of intent in February. WL since sept and silence since. Surprised they sent you a thank you letter afterwards. Did you update via email?

Sent a letter of intent in February. WL since sept and silence since. Surprised they sent you a thank you letter afterwards. Did you update via email?
Both through portal and email.

Hi! I was recently accepted off the WL. My undergrad institution isn’t accepting any mail order transcript requests right now because of COVID, so my only option is electronic delivery. Has anyone talked to the admissions office about sending their transcripts electronically? If so, can you PM me with the details? Thanks! :)

Edit: All figured out!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
JUST ACCEPTED! The whole thing feels like a dream. My cycle is finally over!

Reactions: 15 users
Ive tried calling wayne a few times and it says they are closed. I'm also trying to figure out the same transcript situation of sending them electronically. Please if anyone knows what to do pm me lol.

Ive tried calling wayne a few times and it says they are closed. I'm also trying to figure out the same transcript situation of sending them electronically. Please if anyone knows what to do pm me lol.
You can have your institution email them your transcript (they accept electronically as well)