2019-2020 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got this email on 10/17
"Your application to WCUCOM is complete and under review. You will be informed if you are selected for an interview."

How long is it taking people to get II after getting this email? Thanks!

Got this email on 10/17
"Your application to WCUCOM is complete and under review. You will be informed if you are selected for an interview."

Exactly 1 month and 1 day for me.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got this email on 10/17

11 days for me. There is a chance they had already looked at my app though because I ended up having to send them a 2nd science recommendation letter. Maybe they just needed to finalize it? Same thing just happened with another school too.

Congrats to all accepted!

For those that were invited for interview, how long did it take to receive your invitation after your application was complete?
Thank you!

For those that were invited for interview, how long did it take to receive your invitation after your application was complete?
Thank you!
So, for me, I initially submitted my application not realizing my MCAT scores had somehow not successfully made it to AACOMAS. Once I realized this and remedied the situation, I contacted the school letting them know my scores were now visible. They let me know my application had been updated/completed on Oct. 10th and I received an II on Oct. 22nd. Hope this helps!

So, for me, I initially submitted my application not realizing my MCAT scores had somehow not successfully made it to AACOMAS. Once I realized this and remedied the situation, I contacted the school letting them know my scores were now visible. They let me know my application had been updated/completed on Oct. 10th and I received an II on Oct. 22nd. Hope this helps!
It does! Thank you!

Thank you!
Complete and Under Review 7/17
II offered 9/4
II attended 9/30
Accepted 10/3
I hope this helps and good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
If this helps anybody, I had an interview at WCU and they told me this.

1. WCU only gives approximately 25% of applicants secondaries
2. They heavily screen secondaries so your chances of getting an interview are high
3. Once you get an interview your chances of getting accepted are very high.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: 5 users

2. They heavily screen secondaries so your chances of getting an interview are high

Hope that helps!

Oh interesting! Thanks for sharing!

Hope that helps!
Thanks for sharing. Hopefully I get an interview soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol if you haven’t already, I’m sure you’re going to get a lot more acceptances

One more acceptance possibly incoming. I won't be attending my remaining interviews because they are exceptionally expensive to fly out to and I got into one of my top choices already. I will probably be recinding my acceptances soon to help out people on the wait-lists! No need to be greedy.

Reactions: 1 users
Deferred due to the class being filled up :\ really liked this school, hopefully the waitlist will move around in my favor

One more acceptance possibly incoming. I won't be attending my remaining interviews because they are exceptionally expensive to fly out to and I got into one of my top choices already. I will probably be recinding my acceptances soon to help out people on the wait-lists! No need to be greedy.
Oh so you’re going to be rescinding your acceptance here?

Oh so you’re going to be rescinding your acceptance here?
Most likely. I'm sorry about your waitlisting. I actually didn't want to interview here but it was too late to cancel. Hopefully a person on the waitlist can take my spot!

Most likely. I'm sorry about your waitlisting. I actually didn't want to interview here but it was too late to cancel. Hopefully a person on the waitlist can take my spot!
Bless you, kind sir

Deferred due to the class being filled up :\ really liked this school, hopefully the waitlist will move around in my favor
OMG! Does it mean that anyone who goes for an interview from now on will be either rejected or waitlisted? I'm interviewing there in December :(

Accepted. Interviewed on 11/8
Stats:
MCAT 496 to a 506
GPA: science 3.6 non science 3.8 total 3.65
Masters GPA 3.74

Declined my acceptance, hope it goes to one of y’all!

Hey guys! I have my first interview on Monday the 18th, and I am stressing out a bit. How intense was the interview process? I have read mixed feelings from people in the passing year. Anyone who recently interviewed would want chime in?

Hey guys! I have my first interview on Monday the 18th, and I am stressing out a bit. How intense was the interview process? I have read mixed feelings from people in the passing year. Anyone who recently interviewed would want chime in?
Hey!

The interview was really relaxing. They only asked the standard questions you would expect in an interview and they wanted a straight forward answer. There was one ethical question, but it was super basic. There were three people in the room but only one of them was asking the questions. I came in super anxious about the interview since it was my first one, but I was quickly put at ease.

I had mixed feelings too based on the research I did, but after talking to the medical students, they told me things have gotten a lot better. I came a day before the interview and asked the students a bunch of questions and they basically said that in the past the school did have a lot of issues, but now everything is a lot better. Plus, the new dean actually listens to the feedback of the students. For example, last year (or the year before that) they had exams almost every week, and now after listening to the students feedback about the exams, its every 2 to 3 weeks, which a lot of students were really thankful for. I didn't expect much when I was coming to the interview, but after talking to a bunch of people, I am greatly considering attending here. Don't stress about the interview!

It’s really not a big deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you very much for the feedback guys!

You should be prepared for the expected questions but nothing off the wall

Withdrew my acceptance today. I hope it goes to one of you amazing future physicians!

OMG! Does it mean that anyone who goes for an interview from now on will be either rejected or waitlisted? I'm interviewing there in December :(

Hopefully someone has more info on this. I think it's pretty unlikely it would be filled this soon and still interviewing?

Current students at WCUCOM, could you please share with us your experience at WCUCOM? Do you like the curriculum? Do you think it prepares you for the exams? Is there a cadaver lab? How is the quality of teaching? Do you like the school environment? Do students have clinical experience starting OMS1? What are the student organizations? Are there clubs supporting the underserved populations? Thank you!

Would it be easier to travel to New Orleans or Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport? I'm coming from Canada and the trip time (one way) is 20 hours if I want to go to Laurel. I'll be dead by the time I get to WCUCOM :D
Going to Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport would be a better option (~ 9 hours). Would there be rental car agencies or should I get an uber?

Would it be easier to travel to New Orleans or Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport? I'm coming from Canada and the trip time (one way) is 20 hours if I want to go to Laurel. I'll be dead by the time I get to WCUCOM :D
Going to Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport would be a better option (~ 9 hours). Would there be rental car agencies or should I get an uber?

What’s easier depends on you. Is there a significant cost difference between flying into either airport? You can find the answer to your rental question online and probably compare cost of renting at both airports. It’s a longer drive from the NOLA airport (1 hour 40 minutes) but renting was easy (I did it online) and the drive was easy since there was no traffic

It was an extremely hard decision, but I just gave up my seat here after being accepted into another program. Hope it goes to one of you!

Just declined my acceptance here; hope my seat goes to one of you guys!

Happy almost thanksgiving everyone! I was complete October 20th and haven't heard anything since then. After skimming this thread and noticing some people were already waitlisted/ deferred, should I not get my hopes up?

Happy almost thanksgiving everyone! I was complete October 20th and haven't heard anything since then. After skimming this thread and noticing some people were already waitlisted/ deferred, should I not get my hopes up?
What are your stats?

Just gave up an acceptance here. Hopefully one of y'all get an early Christmas present!

complete since October and also no interview but I called and they said they are still giving out interviews. so there is still hope!

Will be interviewing here in a few days. Any advice for the interview? Those who interviews here, did they ask you about your GPA/MCAT score?

Will be interviewing here in a few days. Any advice for the interview? Those who interview here, did they ask you about your GPA/MCAT score?
Yes, quite directly. I am a reinovator and was asked what should be said to the committee surrounding my low gpa. It's best practice to have responses to anything wonky in your application for any interview, but they were extremely direct. They even went as far as to ask me if I was physically capable of joining their class (I had a history of medical leave) which is borderline not allowed.

Last edited:
Yes, quite directly. I am a renovator and was asked what should be said to the committee surrounding my low gpa. It's best practice to have responses to anything wonky in your application for any interview, but they were extremely direct. They even went as far as to ask me if I was physically capable of joining their class (I had a history of medical leave) which is borderline not allowed.
Thank you for letting me know.

Did the admissions committee tell you the class is already full? It's weird because last cycle they were only 75% full at the end of February

idk if it's been posted here already (i didn't read all the pages), but remember that the class size has been expanded to 150 students for next year (was 100). in the past, they have interviewed all the way up through May-ish and the waitlist has tons of movement with people getting accepted in June & July literally weeks before orientation. I interviewed in November of my application year and 3 of us from that date are in our class rn. 1 of them I know was deferred at that time. idk how many they have interviewed & accepted already, but don't lose out hope! it's not over with any school until you get that "thanks but no thanks" letter.