2020-2021 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For people who interviewed in March and initially received an A pending a seat- have you all been given full acceptance yet or are some still stuck in pending status? Also, I am curious to know if anyone from one of the February interviews are still stuck in a Acceptance pending a seat status?

For those who have been officially accepted (ie no longer pending a seat) over the last month, were you able to get a desirable CHC or at least say one of your top 5 CHC picks?

I really, really want to live in an urban area lol but am not interviewing for 2 more weeks
Interviewed 3/12, got the A pending a seat 3/26, and then the official acceptance also on 3/26. Similar to some previous posts, I was given my score out of 9 and once I put the $1000 acceptance deposit, they will let me know where my CHC is. As of now my top 3 choices are full but I'm second in line for them so she said it's very likely I receive at least one of them. Hope that helps!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Looks like a seat opened up! Just got the call. Anyone know if I'm able to see where the CHC is before committing?

edit: jk I called them.
Did you have to accept before knowing where the CHC was? How does this work so late in the interview cycle? Do conditional acceptances choose CHCs and then wait for those specifically or do you just get whatever seat becomes available when they get to your name?

Did you have to accept before knowing where the CHC was? How does this work so late in the interview cycle? Do conditional acceptances choose CHCs and then wait for those specifically or do you just get whatever seat becomes available when they get to your name?
So basically you have to put down the $1000 acceptance fee to be placed in a CHC. They told me which ones were available (it was the less popular ones) & they’d put me there for the time being. But then work through the waitlist as people give up their seat for other schools. I was also told my ranking on the waitlist for my CHC choices (all the CA ones). Priority is based on the waitlist and how quickly you put that initial deposit down.
Hope that helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
So basically you have to put down the $1000 acceptance fee to be placed in a CHC. They told me which ones were available (it was the less popular ones) & they’d put me there for the time being. But then work through the waitlist as people give up their seat for other schools. I was also told my ranking on the waitlist for my CHC choices (all the CA ones). Priority is based on the waitlist and how quickly you put that initial deposit down.
Hope that helps!
Which did they say were the least popular?

I received a conditional acceptance in December.. I emailed back at the beginning of February to make sure I didn't miss a call/email and they just told me to wait patiently. I am very impatient as of right now lol! Please send good vibes my way!!

Reactions: 4 users
I received a conditional acceptance in December.. I emailed back at the beginning of February to make sure I didn't miss a call/email and they just told me to wait patiently. I am very impatient as of right now lol! Please send good vibes my way!!
That’s a long wait lol Im sorry

Hang in there!! All the good vibes xoxo.

Is a conditional acceptance the same as the accepted pending space thing?

Reactions: 1 users
Got my notice of selection call today around 1:30 pm (MST). Interviewed last Wednesday. They said what has been said on here many times:

There aren’t open seats right now but they expect withdrawals to occur later on.

They mentioned I will receive an email explaining more about the process, etc.

I was notified that a seat opened up in my top ranked CHC. Just wanted to share that movement has been happening, so stay positive for those that have conditional acceptances or waiting for their top CHC.

Reactions: 3 users
In the same boat as you!! Got my notice of selection around the same time and have been waiting ever since. They've been saying that they historically offer acceptances to everyone on the selected list, but I can't help but feel nervous.

For those of you who are reporting their offers of acceptance after being in the "selected" category, would you mind disclosing your numerical rank
(if you know)? It would be good to know how far down the list they've gone thus far.

I was notified that a seat opened up in my top ranked CHC. Just wanted to share that movement has been happening, so stay positive for those that have conditional acceptances or waiting for their top CHC.
May I ask which chc was your top?

May I ask which chc was your top?
Of course you can. My top choice was Mesa. Note that, based on my list, I started from the bottom (Alton) and now I’m here! Lol sorry, had to add in some Friday humor.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys get a decision letter even if you only got the conditional acceptance call and not the official acceptance call?

Did you guys get a decision letter even if you only got the conditional acceptance call and not the official acceptance call?
I think it was a notice of selection call and email, then shorty after received full seat acceptance

I think it was a notice of selection call and email, then shorty after received full seat acceptance
How long did you get the email after the notice of selection call? The person I talked to said I should receive it today. Should I call or is it not a big deal?

In the same boat as you!! Got my notice of selection around the same time and have been waiting ever since. They've been saying that they historically offer acceptances to everyone on the selected list, but I can't help but feel nervous.

For those of you who are reporting their offers of acceptance after being in the "selected" category, would you mind disclosing your numerical rank
(if you know)? It would be good to know how far down the list they've gone thus far.
I am feeling just as nervous as you! Really hoping all of us “seat pending” will get an official seat. It would be very disappointing if not, as I have my hopes up very high!

Last edited:
Interviewed 3/19. Phone call today saying that I am on the wait list!
They said that I would get a follow up email and be able to rank my CHC. Any idea how popular the San Diego and Hawaii sites are?!?!

They said that I would get a follow up email and be able to rank my CHC. Any idea how popular the San Diego and Hawaii sites are?!?!
Did they say how long until you get the email? I have asked about the popularity of Hawaii a lot because it is my first choice and you will get multiple answers. A current student said it isn’t popular and students try to get out of it but I am unsure about this cycle

I've heard that all the CA sites are popular. Hawaii has a high cost of living so a bit less desirable relative to some of the other sites including CA, Seattle, AZ, Brooklyn, etc

Did they say how long until you get the email? I have asked about the popularity of Hawaii a lot because it is my first choice and you will get multiple answers. A current student said it isn’t popular and students try to get out of it but I am unsure about this cycle
They didnt say anythig about when I will get an email. Still waiting!

How long did you get the email after the notice of selection call? The person I talked to said I should receive it today. Should I call or is it not a big deal?
So I don’t remember exact times, but I got the call for notice of selection, email for notice of selection, and email of offer of acceptance all on the same day 1/29. All of these came a week after my interview which was on 1/22. Desiree had said I ranked really high on their internal ranking, so maybe that’s why this all came in at once?

So I don’t remember exact times, but I got the call for notice of selection, email for notice of selection, and email of offer of acceptance all on the same day 1/29. All of these came a week after my interview which was on 1/22. Desiree had said I ranked really high on their internal ranking, so maybe that’s why this all came in at once?
Okay. I am just confused. I missed the notice of selection call because I was sick this week but the voicemail said I would receive an email on Friday. Maybe I will send an email to verify just in case. I got the call a week after my interview also. Thank you for your help!

Regardless of what emails you receive. Or notice of selection / phone call etc. (I received three emails +phone call). Technically they have not offered you a seat until they call you a second time and offer a FULL SEAT with the option for you to PAY the first deposit. Only once you PAY are you then part of this years class. Until you pay that deposit, you are just on “accepted” but waiting list for a seat or just the waiting list in general depending on what you email/call you received. I called and Desiree told me that she was moving down the list and picking from the rank 7.5’s/9’s currently. I was told I was rated 7/9 and that she will continue to move down the list (people continue to get added on that list based on academic and EC by rating so the list is fluid). More movement will happen when the deadlines happen in May/June so we just need to be patient. Just wanted to clarify all this since the emails working sent are somewhat confusing when I initially read them. Wanted to help anyone here who was still confused and save you a call or email to the office

Regardless of what emails you receive. Or notice of selection / phone call etc. (I received three emails +phone call). Technically they have not offered you a seat until they call you a second time and offer a FULL SEAT with the option for you to PAY the first deposit. Only once you PAY are you then part of this years class. Until you pay that deposit, you are just on “accepted” but waiting list for a seat or just the waiting list in general depending on what you email/call you received. I called and Desiree told me that she was moving down the list and picking from the rank 7.5’s/9’s currently. I was told I was rated 7/9 and that she will continue to move down the list (people continue to get added on that list based on academic and EC by rating so the list is fluid). More movement will happen when the deadlines happen in May/June so we just need to be patient. Just wanted to clarify all this since the emails working sent are somewhat confusing when I initially read them. Wanted to help anyone here who was still confused and save you a call or email to the office
So they will tell us where we rank if we call them?

Just wondering, the CHC that you get assigned to will be where you will be living from years 2-4 correct?

Thank you so much for the update! I remember Desiree saying I was a 7-point-something, just can’t remember the decimal!!! Fingers crossed! When did you speak with her?

I just got a II and it seems like at this point, we’re interviewing for the WL?

there should still be a decent amount of movement. i know a couple of people who were accepted from the WL spots 1-4 weeks before school started. if you have an acceptance pending seat, you should be in good shape.

there should still be a decent amount of movement. i know a couple of people who were accepted from the WL spots 1-4 weeks before school started. if you have an acceptance pending seat, you should be in good shape.
It's been quiet on this thread regarding student's dropping their seats, but I am hopeful! Fingers crossed it goes the way the past cycles have!

It's been quiet on this thread regarding student's dropping their seats, but I am hopeful! Fingers crossed it goes the way the past cycles have!
Prob don't expect much movement until May

I emailed about my ranking and the admissions person wasn’t able to give me a concrete ranking other than that I am in the “top portion” of the waitlist. Not sure what that means :/

I emailed about my ranking and the admissions person wasn’t able to give me a concrete ranking other than that I am in the “top portion” of the waitlist. Not sure what that means :/
Who did you email and how did you phrase it? I emailed them about my position and they told me nothing.

Who did you email and how did you phrase it? I emailed them about my position and they told me nothing.

I emailed the general admissions email address simply asking where I was in the process, what can I expect in the coming months, and if they could tell me where I ranked in the process.

Current Students: Does ATSU SOMA require a drug test prior to matriculation? I only see something about a background check, want to make sure I am not missing anything

Current Students: Does ATSU SOMA require a drug test prior to matriculation? I only see something about a background check, want to make sure I am not missing anything
I don’t recall the checklist including a drug screen. Background was done for sure.

I wasn’t able to get my numerical score, the lady said they don’t give that out. She said I was in the top 20% of the list. Is this good or is this what everyone else has been told also?

I wasn’t able to get my numerical score, the lady said they don’t give that out. She said I was in the top 20% of the list. Is this good or is this what everyone else has been told also?
Not to sound too negative, but I’ve read from a lot of people saying they are in the “top” part of the list. I wonder what their cutoff is....? I hope adcom doesn’t tell all that.... 😒

Not to sound too negative, but I’ve read from a lot of people saying they are in the “top” part of the list. I wonder what their cutoff is....? I hope adcom doesn’t tell all that.... 😒
That’s why I’m questioning it. There is no way everyone can be in the top 20

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users