2020-2021 Alabama

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Aw I'm sorry, do you mind sharing your stats/complete date? I feel like I'll get the R too because I'm OOS with a LM of 66

I never received a completed email, I don't think. I think I submitted my secondary at the end of September though. I have no idea what my LM is. Sorry! I am already accepted at another Medical School :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
I never received a completed email, I don't think. I think I submitted my secondary at the end of September though. I have no idea what my LM is. Sorry! I am already accepted at another Medical School :)

Congrats on getting accepted however! Do you mind sharing your GPA /MCAT combo? (And anything else you for comfortable with)

Congrats on getting accepted however! Do you mind sharing your GPA /MCAT combo? (And anything else you for comfortable with)

Lol they didn't get accepted here, if that was your question - but I am also curious what their stats are too if they're comfortable!

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol they didn't get accepted here, if that was your question - but I am also curious what their stats are too if they're comfortable!

Yeah I was congratulating them on the other medical school acceptance they mentioned.

• Care
Just following up. Interviewed earlier this month and general advice was that it was a very laid back interview. The MMIs went how you might imagine they will go, they're not trying to destroy you, just wanting a response.

I am IS, but I interviewed with a lot of OOS students my day.

II MSTP, ORM, Completed mid-October. Any advice on the chalk-talk?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
II MSTP, ORM, Completed mid-October. Any advice on the chalk-talk?
I chose my most interesting/longest running project and basically did a kind of "zoom lecture". They allow you 3 slides and so I used one for intro and 2 for data/results. Don't add much text, it should be you discussing rather than reading off a slide. I rerecorded it like 10 times until i liked it haha Just be yourself and share your research as if you were at a conference/poster presentation

I chose my most interesting/longest running project and basically did a kind of "zoom lecture". They allow you 3 slides and so I used one for intro and 2 for data/results. Don't add much text, it should be you discussing rather than reading off a slide. I rerecorded it like 10 times until i liked it haha Just be yourself and share your research as if you were at a conference/poster presentation
This all makes me very happy I don’t want a PhD. More power to you super smart masochists!

This is lit. Kinda wishing I applied MSTP instead of reg MD here.

This is lit. Kinda wishing I applied MSTP instead of reg MD here.
The MSTP at UAB is great! (Honestly any school that is awarded an NIH MSTP grant has to be good) One can always do research as a regular MD. When I interviewed for the MSTP one of my interviewers was an MD who mainly did research. The training is just more intense for MSTP students and they stack Graduate courses with med school courses at times. It's a commitment but I'm excited haha If you get an A for the MD program then you can apply as an internal applicant while already in med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
The MSTP at UAB is great! (Honestly any school that is awarded an NIH MSTP grant has to be good) One can always do research as a regular MD. When I interviewed for the MSTP one of my interviewers was an MD who mainly did research. The training is just more intense for MSTP students and they stack Graduate courses with med school courses at times. It's a commitment but I'm excited haha If you get an A for the MD program then you can apply as an internal applicant while already in med school.

Awesome. Yeah that's the game plan!

Just got a pre-II rejection pretty bummed since I thought I was a really good fit for this school. I am out of state though.

• Care
Just got a pre-II rejection pretty bummed since I thought I was a really good fit for this school. I am out of state though.

sorry to hear man - would you mind sharing your stats? also OOS and not sure with my stats if i'll even be considered either

• Care
Just got an II. Out of state so wasn’t expecting this for real. Man I’m stoked!

Reactions: 2 users
Yo congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats? and if you have ties to the state?
I do have ties to Birmingham. URM with LizzyM of 66, non-trad applicant (currently a hospital administrator, so I’m sure my extra curricular activities are making up for where my mcat and gpa didn’t. Was complete 10/31/2020

AHHHH admissions committee is meeting today.... might pass out from nerves in the meantime

Let’s hope a few calls go out this evening! Good luck everyone :)

Lets all get that A! Good luck!!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Accepted! LM 70 OOS (but lived in AL for most of my life). Absolutely thrilled :)

Just got Rejected. Congrats to those accepted and best of luck to those waiting to hear back!

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Just following up. Interviewed earlier this month and general advice was that it was a very laid back interview. The MMIs went how you might imagine they will go, they're not trying to destroy you, just wanting a response.

Just curious, about how long after submitting your secondaries until you got an II?

Just wondering, how long after submitting your secondaries until you heard about an II?

II for MSTP. OOS w/ weak ties. Complete November 15th

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Rejected just now Pre-II. OOS No ties
Good luck to everyone else!

• Care
Also got the Pre-II R this morning. OOS no ties, LM 67, complete 08/28

• Care
Nothing, OOS, LM 73/4, submitted mid July. Anyone know how these rejection waves usually roll, next on the chopping block?