You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Buffalo
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
westcoastpremed
Full Member
Can any current students please comment on student life? Are classes mandatory? What is your daily class schedule like? Are classes recorded? Are classes going to be 100% in person this upcoming fall? Thank you!
aspiringphysician21
Full Member
Were you recently accepted off of the WL?Can any current students please comment on student life? Are classes mandatory? What is your daily class schedule like? Are classes recorded? Are classes going to be 100% in person this upcoming fall? Thank you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
westcoastpremed
Full Member
No still on WL. Just curious since the Fall is approaching, and I just wanted to learn more about UB in case I’m accepted.Were you recently accepted off of the WL?
medhopefullz
Full Member
haven't heard back and I followed SUNY Upstate SDN and they have little/no movement as well 🙁 so far at least.. I was thinking that CTE is June/July at many schools so we may not see real movement until little later?any updates on WL at all?
Maybe UB over accepted this year and aren’t in need of waitlist spots just yet?
Hi there current M1 here! Most lectures are live streamed on zoom and also recorded. Depending on the course, there are some class sessions that are required which are mostly active learning sessions within small groups. These usually happen 1-2x a week in the mornings. Class is usually 8-12 but with lectures being recorded you can kind of choose your own schedule outside of the required sessions. I usually watch live lecture, take a break to walk my dog and eat, then study in the afternoons. First semester works a little differently due to in-person anatomy lab dissection that is required, but I'm not sure how they are planning on scheduling this year opposed to our class that was altered due to COVID (smaller groups, 2 days a week in lab).Can any current students please comment on student life? Are classes mandatory? What is your daily class schedule like? Are classes recorded? Are classes going to be 100% in person this upcoming fall? Thank you!
As for in-person classes come fall, even our current class hasn't been notified what it will be like. According to current M2s, pre-COVID lectures worked similarly in that it was live streamed and recorded, but with an in-person option (i.e. you could sit in the lecture hall as the professor was lecturing while it's being live streamed and recorded). I think the required small group active learning sessions will be in-person.
If you have more questions, feel free to PM me!
westcoastpremed
Full Member
Thank you!Hi there current M1 here! Most lectures are live streamed on zoom and also recorded. Depending on the course, there are some class sessions that are required which are mostly active learning sessions within small groups. These usually happen 1-2x a week in the mornings. Class is usually 8-12 but with lectures being recorded you can kind of choose your own schedule outside of the required sessions. I usually watch live lecture, take a break to walk my dog and eat, then study in the afternoons. First semester works a little differently due to in-person anatomy lab dissection that is required, but I'm not sure how they are planning on scheduling this year opposed to our class that was altered due to COVID (smaller groups, 2 days a week in lab).
As for in-person classes come fall, even our current class hasn't been notified what it will be like. According to current M2s, pre-COVID lectures worked similarly in that it was live streamed and recorded, but with an in-person option (i.e. you could sit in the lecture hall as the professor was lecturing while it's being live streamed and recorded). I think the required small group active learning sessions will be in-person.
If you have more questions, feel free to PM me!
aspiringphysician21
Full Member
Has there been a single person that anyone knows of that has been accepted from the WL?
maybe Buffalo perfectly accepted this year... doubt it tbh.. I still think WL movement is to come...Has there been a single person that anyone knows of that has been accepted from the WL?
aspiringphysician21
Full Member
There could not possibly have been a 100% matriculation rate, right? And if not, what is holding the adcom up from sending out additional A's? They have to end this process at some point...maybe Buffalo perfectly accepted this year... doubt it tbh.. I still think WL movement is to come...
medhopefullz
Full Member
is anyone in the groupme or fb-accepted group where someone can post - if they had been taken off the waitlist? Perhaps that might give some insight?
There's a couple entering and leaving the groupme and there's around 130 accepted studentsis anyone in the groupme or fb-accepted group where someone can post - if they had been taken off the waitlist? Perhaps that might give some insight?
medhopefullz
Full Member
Thank you so much!There's a couple entering and leaving the groupme and there's around 130 accepted students
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
westcoastpremed
Full Member
Based off the FB page, what is a safe estimate for the number of accepted students?
Ohh so there is waitlist movement happening. RIPThere's a couple entering and leaving the groupme and there's around 130 accepted students
So possibly 20 spots from waitlist ?? That’s huge 🙃🙏There's a couple entering and leaving the groupme and there's around 130 accepted students
Last cycle they admitted a class of 182 😬So possibly 20 spots from waitlist ?? That’s huge 🙃🙏
130 accepted students in the groupme or 130 accepted students in general?There's a couple entering and leaving the groupme and there's around 130 accepted students
How do we figure 20 spots left for WL movement? Or do you mean there were 20 spots of WL movement?So possibly 20 spots from waitlist ?? That’s huge 🙃🙏
Just to second what others have responded that there are like 130 people but there has also been zero people joining saying they got in off the WL so no movement at all so far from what I gather. Not sure if they over accepted or if its just a very delayed cycle. Was expecting some new faces in there by now for sure. Still some people leaving every now and then.is anyone in the groupme or fb-accepted group where someone can post - if they had been taken off the waitlist? Perhaps that might give some insight?
westcoastpremed
Full Member
We would also have to assume that there are accepted students who haven’t joined yet. Also students who withdrew their acceptance, but haven’t left the FB page yet.
aspiringphysician21
Full Member
Has anyone called the adcom and asked if WL movement has begun?
Has anyone called the adcom and asked if WL movement has begun?
I haven't heard about anyone calling but someone did email them. The answer seems pretty vague imo but if someone called they could possibly give a better answer. What number would you even call?I emailed last week, and received a positive reply saying waitlist at UB is a great position to be in, and to stay positive. But they said the waitlist cycle wouldn't end until August 2, 2021.... and that we can ask for app feedback after this date 🤔
What was the (vague) answer the person got?I haven't heard about anyone calling but someone did email them. The answer seems pretty vague imo but if someone called they could possibly give a better answer. What number would you even call?
medhopefullz
Full Member
This was the reply. Thanks for doing this @Chachius7 ! I imagine they are bit delayed but anything can happen. I was told in my state SOM that they wouldn't know until CTE for majority of schools have passed. When I searched that up- it was like mid june? Is that normal for the CTE date to be so late.I emailed last week, and received a positive reply saying waitlist at UB is a great position to be in, and to stay positive. But they said the waitlist cycle wouldn't end until August 2, 2021.... and that we can ask for app feedback after this date 🤔
westcoastpremed
Full Member
I believe UB’s CTE is July 1st?
Wait so we may have to wait until then to see more movement?! Didn't someone claim there are about 130 accepted students? Even if we're assuming a worst-case scenario and there are actually around 150 accepted so far they usually have a class size of 180 so why haven't the 30+ spots been filled yet or why haven't we seen at least SOME movement?I believe UB’s CTE is July 1st?
Buschlite30
Full Member
Obviously this is for a different school than UB but someone just said they called SUNY upstate (a few days after I did in the middle of the month) and they said we should start hearing back about waitlist stuff by the end of the month. Hoping UB might be following a similar timeline🤞Wait so we may have to wait until then to see more movement?! Didn't someone claim there are about 130 accepted students? Even if we're assuming a worst-case scenario and there are actually around 150 accepted so far they usually have a class size of 180 so why haven't the 30+ spots been filled yet or why haven't we seen at least SOME movement?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hope it's soon otherwise I'm gonna start reapplying for June 1st :/Obviously this is for a different school than UB but someone just said they called SUNY upstate (a few days after I did in the middle of the month) and they said we should start hearing back about waitlist stuff by the end of the month. Hoping UB might be following a similar timeline🤞
aspiringphysician21
Full Member
The FB group has 198 people in it from what I can see. So I’m assuming they might have a full/near full class.
westcoastpremed
Full Member
What was the 130 then?The FB group has 198 people in it from what I can see. So I’m assuming they might have a full/near full class.
D
deleted880065
Idk if we can go off that, the groups from class of 2022, 2023 and 2024 all have 340+ membersThe FB group has 198 people in it from what I can see. So I’m assuming they might have a full/near full class.
Alot are probably current students, accepted students who will matriculate elsewhere, and also administratorsThe FB group has 198 people in it from what I can see. So I’m assuming they might have a full/near full class.
My friend emailed them inquiring about waitlist movement. He said that they said it is very slow this year but will continue until July. COVID must have made this extremely competitive on the market in general leading to barely any open spots. I am moving forward on putting deposits down for housing elsewhere after hearing that:/
aspiringphysician21
Full Member
Did they indicate whether or not slots were still available/decisions are to come? Or are we simply waiting for people to withdraw at this point?My friend emailed them inquiring about waitlist movement. He said that they said it is very slow this year but will continue until July. COVID must have made this extremely competitive on the market in general leading to barely any open spots. I am moving forward on putting deposits down for housing elsewhere after hearing that:/
westcoastpremed
Full Member
Accepted off waitlist today!
medhopefullz
Full Member
Congratulations!!Accepted off waitlist today!
floridaheatkills
Full Member
CONGRATS! Interview date? WL date? LOI sent? Tell us everything!Accepted off waitlist today!
westcoastpremed
Full Member
Thank you! Interview in October, WL in December. LOI sent in MarchCONGRATS! Interview date? WL date? LOI sent? Tell us everything!
D
deleted880065
Congrats! There's hope for the rest of us!Accepted off waitlist today!
Congrats!! Now that you’re accepted are you able to find out how many accepted students there currently are? I’m trying to gauge if the cycle is essentially over for us or if more WL movement is expectedAccepted off waitlist today!
Email or Call?Accepted off waitlist today!
westcoastpremed
Full Member
Email or Call?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Could any current accepted students confirm the CTE (commit to enroll) date? I am assuming sometime in July, but I was looking for a more specific date if anyone knows. Thanks so much
7/2Could any current accepted students confirm the CTE (commit to enroll) date? I am assuming sometime in July, but I was looking for a more specific date if anyone knows. Thanks so much
They did not but it seemed like we are just waiting for withdrawals. Bad thing is that waitlist movement is really slow pretty much everywhere it seems like.Did they indicate whether or not slots were still available/decisions are to come? Or are we simply waiting for people to withdraw at this point?
Withdrew my acceptance here Monday. Love Buff but had to make a tough decision. Really hoping for some solid WL movement for yall. Good luck
aspiringphysician21
Full Member
Can any current accepted students comment on whether or not there seems to be people withdrawing A's still?