2020-2021 Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have been waitlisted at UB for a couple of months. On their application status checker I used to see "waitlist." Now it has reverted back to my pre-interview invite status of displaying my application information (AMCAS ID, application year, supplemental application received, etc). For those waitlisted, what do you see on the application status checker? Anyone else notice the same thing?
I'm accepted and it's only my applicant info now as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hmmm guess it's like that for everyone then. Probably doesn't mean anything

Hmmm guess it's like that for everyone then. Probably doesn't mean anything
I agree - thanks for looking into this, all. Fingers crossed for everyone still waiting - hope to see significant movement over the next few weeks!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still hoping for an ii. Does anyone know if there's any chance that they are still sending them out?

I'm still hoping for an ii. Does anyone know if there's any chance that they are still sending them out?
Pretty sure their interview season is over next week. No one in April got any IIs in previous years. I'm already bracing for the pre-II R.

• Care
Maybe after April 30 when accepted students commit to schools? There isn't any info on waitlist ranking- but some have said that "high priority" thing but is that for only MD/PhD?

Maybe after April 30 when accepted students commit to schools? There isn't any info on waitlist ranking- but some have said that "high priority" thing but is that for only MD/PhD?
Yeah I think May is probably the golden month for movement. Not sure if that high priority thing applies to MD only program.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what % of students Buffalo gives scholarships to?

are these waitlists ranked? People who got waitlisted in early November would be offered first?

Can anyone tell me who to direct my withdrawal email to? Also if anyone has withdrawn from a school, can I get an idea of the email to send ? I know someone needs the acceptance. So help😭

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
are these waitlists ranked? People who got waitlisted in early November would be offered first?
In previous years, the WL was ranked. (I can only assume it’d be the same this year.) However, the ranking is based on a “score” you were given by your interviewers and admissions committee. The WL rank has nothing to do with when you interviewed or when you were placed on the WL.

• Care
There are more applicants, but does that mean they interviewed more people this year?
No, it does not. Also, there have been a ton less “A’s” given outright this year as compared to previous years. There were more people placed on the WL this year than previous. (This is just from me going through previous sdn forums, no formal data or anything.)

In previous years, the WL was ranked. (I can only assume it’d be the same this year.) However, the ranking is based on a “score” you were given by your interviewers and admissions committee. The WL rank has nothing to do with when you interviewed or when you were placed on the WL.
how do you know it was ranked?

For anyone who has submitted a letter of intent where /how did you submit it? Did you send it in an email? If so, to whom?

Another day of silence for the WL gang. They're probably waiting until April 30th at this point. Hopefully we'll hear back soon

• Care
Another day of silence for the WL gang. They're probably waiting until April 30th at this point. Hopefully we'll hear back soon
Same. Looks like from last year thats when movement started back up and ended some time in June.

Same. Looks like from last year thats when movement started back up and ended some time in June.
Here's hoping we get good news. This wait is just driving me insane and there's been nothing for months

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
No, it does not. Also, there have been a ton less “A’s” given outright this year as compared to previous years. There were more people placed on the WL this year than previous. (This is just from me going through previous sdn forums, no formal data or anything.)
I'm on 5 WL with no As so I hope this is the case and movement is massive soon

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Way to go! That’s awesome! That gives me a glimmer of hope! I’m on the MD-PhD waitlist and received one of the “waitlist in a very high position” remarks as well.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
has anyone sent a letter of intent? and if so to what email?

I'll be withdrawing here today. Hope my acceptance goes to one of you!
Good luck everyone :)

• Care
Reactions: 10 users