You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Georgetown
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LoveThat
Full Member
complete 08/03 and I haven't heard anything yet.anyone who was completed in Aug/Sep received the R today? Idk if I should mentally prepare myself or I have few more weeks to stay hopeful LOL
Looks like Georgetown is following the Dartmouth method
pre-med202022
Full Member
complete on 16/Aug and nothing yetcomplete 08/03 and I haven't heard anything yet.
Pre-II R. Complete mid-July, LM 74.
Pre-II R. Complete 7/16. Had a feeling an R was this week and I was right. Looks like mid-July for today's wave of Rs.
But best of luck to everyone here wherever in the cycle you may be.
But best of luck to everyone here wherever in the cycle you may be.
flightless_bird
Full Member
I got an emailFor those receiving Rs, are you being alerted by email?
MollyWeasley
Full Member
Oh God, I'm mentally preparing for this R. Was complete 7/21 so I guess that R is on it's way
D
deleted1064759
I wrote a freaking love letter to this school and got the pre-II R.
This is fine as you can't win them all but Georgetown didn't even get my name right in the rejection letter. Ooooh boy I can't wait to smoke your students on the boards.
This is fine as you can't win them all but Georgetown didn't even get my name right in the rejection letter. Ooooh boy I can't wait to smoke your students on the boards.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1040408
is no news good news here?
On a day like today, I would say absolutelyis no news good news here?
P/f may hinder thatI wrote a freaking love letter to this school and got the pre-II R.
This is fine as you can't win them all but Georgetown didn't even get my name right in the rejection letter. Ooooh boy I can't wait to smoke your students on the boards.
D
deleted1040408
there's always STEP2P/f may hinder that
D
deleted1064759
My saltiness levels exceed my rational thought processing. #step2thenP/f may hinder that
D
deleted1040408
pre-II rejection 🙁 super sad because I loved this school and I though it was one of my best secondary essays. Good luck to everyone this cycle I hope y'all crush it!
when were you complete?
Just received an interview invite!!! Complete 7/29, LM 74.
Dates available in early-mid November.
Dates available in early-mid November.
xtb20ltsolxx
Full Member
Pre-II R this morning = =
Completed 7/14
Completed 7/14
completed mid-Aug... Nothing back yetI wonder if they’re going chronologically then. I was complete early September and I’m still mentally preparing myself for the R
D
deleted1040408
completed mid-Aug... Nothing back yet
complete mid-July.. no word yet
I was complete 7/21 and haven't heard anything. Holding my breath hahacompleted mid-Aug... Nothing back yet
The Dartmouth method? (I didn't apply there this cycle, what do you mean by this?)Looks like Georgetown is following the Dartmouth method
Dartmouth and I guess now Georgetown have done waves of R where they reject applicants in masses, letting us all wallow together in our own self doubt together.The Dartmouth method? (I didn't apply there this cycle, what do you mean by this?)
There some schools (I want to say BU but not sure) that reject as the cycle progresses so you end up alone in your misery.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1040408
Dartmouth and I guess now Georgetown have done waves of R where they reject applicants in masses, letting us all wallow together in our own self doubt together.
There some schools (I want to say BU but not sure) that reject as the cycle progresses so you end up alone in your misery.
I like this method more tbh
Dartmouth and I guess now Georgetown have done waves of R where they reject applicants in masses, letting us all wallow together in our own self doubt together.
There some schools (I want to say BU but not sure) that reject as the cycle progresses so you end up alone in your misery.
Lol, gotcha. Thanks!
D
deleted1040408
Pre-II R this morning 🙁
what was ur complete date?
Mid-July, right after I received the secondarywhat was ur complete date?
Along with what others said, it also seemed to be going chronologically!The Dartmouth method? (I didn't apply there this cycle, what do you mean by this?)
I was complete 7/17!when were you complete?
lovepickles
Full Member
Pre-II R!! 🙁
dramanaut9518
Full Member
Started a new clinical volunteering role with The Red Cross. Would you recommend I submit that as a "Post-Submission Update"?
Completed 7/30 and silence on my end
Completed 7/30 and silence on my end
How clinical is clinical? They are so so so particular about what they count as "clinical" but if its even remotely hands-on I say go for it.Started a new clinical volunteering role with The Red Cross. Would you recommend I submit that as a "Post-Submission Update"?
Completed 7/30 and silence on my end
I’m sorry to hear this 🙁 I hope you have success with the rest of the cycle! What was your complete date?Just got the pre-II R this morning , 🙁
Sorry to hear that 🙁 were you also completed sometime in July?Just got the pre-II R this morning , 🙁
For those of you who got an A, did you submit a Letter of Interest or update after your app?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the pre-II R as well. Complete 7/22
2021MDapplicant77
Full Member
Rejected just now. 🙁 Complete 7/21, LM 74. Wish I could actually get good news, this has been my third pre-II R, no II so far.
I finished secondary in August and have heard nothing back from them. Do you think all of the interviews have been offered?
Definitely not. They're scheduling interviews for November now. One can definitely assume they'll be interviewing until January at least.
I'm sorry to hear that 🙁 Keep your head up! Things are only just picking up for most schools now! There is still plenty of time, and I'm sure it will work out somewhere!Rejected just now. 🙁 Complete 7/21, LM 74. Wish I could actually get good news, this has been my third pre-II R, no II so far.