2020-2021 Hofstra (Zucker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any current/ accepted students know when we should start looking for housing and have any recs for places to live that are close to campus in the 1500/ month range?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just withdrew my acceptance! Good luck to those on the waitlist.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did any WL folks get an email asking them if they still want to stay on the WL today?

Reactions: 5 users
Withdrew my app. Hope one of your fine folk gets my acceptance/scholarship.
Good luck everyone :)

Reactions: 1 users
I also regretfully withdrew my A yesterday. Good luck to all on the waitlist!

Reactions: 2 users
anyone heard of movement here? I'm on the 1st tier WL, praying that I get in!!

anyone heard of movement here? I'm on the 1st tier WL, praying that I get in!!
I’m on 2 other waitlists and those threads have shown some movement, interesting that it seems like Hofstra hasn’t really started taking people off yet. I’m sure it will start within a week or two. Stressful times for us all

Accepted off of T1WL for MD program yesterday morning! Was too emotional to post at the time haha, so I hope y'all will excuse any suspense I might've contributed to :) This is my first acceptance, which definitely made this an even more overwhelming surprise.

To anyone else waiting for news from Zucker, other schools, or even for an initial A as in my case, I quickly wanted to express that I completely understand the stresses and worries you're going through, and please don't give up your hope or motivation to pursue medicine even as time may nervously pass by! The process is long, but being invited to join this amazing field is immensely worth the work and wait. I'm excited for everyone out there to experience this, and I can't wait to work alongside y'all going forward :)

Cheers, future docs

Edit: Just as a heads up, the acceptance email asks that a deposit be made and for other acceptances to be withdrawn by the end of the business week in order to claim a spot in the class. Hope this can help others out there get a feel for the timeline now that we're beyond the magical April 30th date.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted off of T1WL for MD program yesterday morning! Was too emotional to post at the time haha, so I hope y'all will excuse any suspense I might've contributed to :) This is my first acceptance, which definitely made this an even more overwhelming surprise.

To anyone else waiting for news from Zucker, other schools, or even for an initial A as in my case, I quickly wanted to express that I completely understand the stresses and worries you're going through, and please don't give up your hope or motivation to pursue medicine even as time may nervously pass by! The process is long, but being invited to join this amazing field is immensely worth the work and wait. I'm excited for everyone out there to experience this, and I can't wait to work alongside y'all going forward :)

Cheers, future docs

Edit: Just as a heads up, the acceptance email asks that a deposit be made and for other acceptances to be withdrawn by the end of the business week in order to claim a spot in the class. Hope this can help others out there get a feel for the timeline now that we're beyond the magical April 30th date.
Congratulations🎉🥳🎊🍾🍾!!!! Did you send a LOI?

Seems like theres really no WL movement. Probably due to jump in applications this year.
Wouldn’t that imply more WL movement? I think it’ll happen. Based on past threads it’s happened slowly may through mid june

Last year some movement occurred on May 6th so maybe tomorow or on friday we will have movement

Has anyone heard anything recently? This silence is killing me

heard nothing; I'm getting worried their yield was better than expected and there won't be much movement :(

heard nothing; I'm getting worried their yield was better than expected and there won't be much movement :(
That’s my fear too! This is the only waitlist I’m on and I’m already dreading going through this whole process again

Maybe I'm weird but I'm a bit the opposite in my anxiety. Most of my other schools have taken more time than previous years for their decisions, so I'm not surprised if it's more delayed. Certainly feels better than watching all the acceptances flow through when you've got nothing in your inbox.

I think there might have been unreported acceptances throughout the week. :( The number of members in the facebook group has been fluctuating and is now slightly higher than before 4/30.

Got off the 1st tier WL earlier today! Not sure if I will be accepting or not yet, they gave me until Friday to decide.

Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 7 users
Did they give you a fin aid package or scholarships at the same time?
Fin aid sent me instructions to complete fin aid info a few minutes after acceptance and said it could take up to two weeks to process and get a package. However it also said in acceptance letter they could extend the decision deadline past Friday if I did not receive that fin aid package by then.

It is kinda confusing so feel free to DM me for more specific info!

What did you reply to the survey regarding other offers?
I was pretty transparent and kept my survey updated throughout the spring regarding my other acceptances and updated it once more when I selected "PTE" at another school in late april! Hope this helps and good luck!

Just received an email about the waitlist survey again... did everybody else get that too?

Reactions: 4 users
Lol I received it too, I think maybe everyone on the waitlist did? Did anyone not receive the email?

not to burst any bubbles here but if we're talking about the interest survey, I'm an admitted student and I also received the reminder email.

not to burst any bubbles here but if we're talking about the interest survey, I'm an admitted student and I also received the reminder email.
Thanks! These remainders are more for those who forgot to withdraw from waitlist than then ones interested, at least that’s how I feel lol

At least it means they're still actively pulling from the waitlist.

Reactions: 2 users
lol rip, i guess maybe they aren't pulling from the WL much more after all - has anyone heard anything / seen any movement

Fwiw like 5-6 people joined the groupme mon and tues

• Hmm
Link is in the fb group. If you need the link to that check the incoming student packet in the portal

Withdrew my acceptance here yesterday. Hope one of you get it!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users