You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Hofstra (Zucker)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
How much 1st tier movement is there usually??
Did any WL folks get an email asking them if they still want to stay on the WL today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ecuacor
Full Member
Did any WL folks get an email asking them if they still want to stay on the WL today?
+1
MedicalStudent888
Full Member
gave me anxiety when I saw it in my inboxDid any WL folks get an email asking them if they still want to stay on the WL today?
Did any WL folks get an email asking them if they still want to stay on the WL today?
Ditto
Withdrew my app. Hope one of your fine folk gets my acceptance/scholarship.
Good luck everyone 🙂
Good luck everyone 🙂
I also regretfully withdrew my A yesterday. Good luck to all on the waitlist!
anyone heard of movement here? I'm on the 1st tier WL, praying that I get in!!
saaaaameanyone heard of movement here? I'm on the 1st tier WL, praying that I get in!!
I’m on 2 other waitlists and those threads have shown some movement, interesting that it seems like Hofstra hasn’t really started taking people off yet. I’m sure it will start within a week or two. Stressful times for us allanyone heard of movement here? I'm on the 1st tier WL, praying that I get in!!
TheCyclingRedwood
Full Member
Accepted off of T1WL for MD program yesterday morning! Was too emotional to post at the time haha, so I hope y'all will excuse any suspense I might've contributed to 🙂 This is my first acceptance, which definitely made this an even more overwhelming surprise.
To anyone else waiting for news from Zucker, other schools, or even for an initial A as in my case, I quickly wanted to express that I completely understand the stresses and worries you're going through, and please don't give up your hope or motivation to pursue medicine even as time may nervously pass by! The process is long, but being invited to join this amazing field is immensely worth the work and wait. I'm excited for everyone out there to experience this, and I can't wait to work alongside y'all going forward 🙂
Cheers, future docs
Edit: Just as a heads up, the acceptance email asks that a deposit be made and for other acceptances to be withdrawn by the end of the business week in order to claim a spot in the class. Hope this can help others out there get a feel for the timeline now that we're beyond the magical April 30th date.
To anyone else waiting for news from Zucker, other schools, or even for an initial A as in my case, I quickly wanted to express that I completely understand the stresses and worries you're going through, and please don't give up your hope or motivation to pursue medicine even as time may nervously pass by! The process is long, but being invited to join this amazing field is immensely worth the work and wait. I'm excited for everyone out there to experience this, and I can't wait to work alongside y'all going forward 🙂
Cheers, future docs
Edit: Just as a heads up, the acceptance email asks that a deposit be made and for other acceptances to be withdrawn by the end of the business week in order to claim a spot in the class. Hope this can help others out there get a feel for the timeline now that we're beyond the magical April 30th date.
Last edited:
Congratulations🎉🥳🎊🍾🍾!!!! Did you send a LOI?Accepted off of T1WL for MD program yesterday morning! Was too emotional to post at the time haha, so I hope y'all will excuse any suspense I might've contributed to 🙂 This is my first acceptance, which definitely made this an even more overwhelming surprise.
To anyone else waiting for news from Zucker, other schools, or even for an initial A as in my case, I quickly wanted to express that I completely understand the stresses and worries you're going through, and please don't give up your hope or motivation to pursue medicine even as time may nervously pass by! The process is long, but being invited to join this amazing field is immensely worth the work and wait. I'm excited for everyone out there to experience this, and I can't wait to work alongside y'all going forward 🙂
Cheers, future docs
Edit: Just as a heads up, the acceptance email asks that a deposit be made and for other acceptances to be withdrawn by the end of the business week in order to claim a spot in the class. Hope this can help others out there get a feel for the timeline now that we're beyond the magical April 30th date.
TheCyclingRedwood
Full Member
Thank you! 😀 And I just sent an update letter in a few weeks ago, but no LOI. Hope this helps, and best of luck!Congratulations🎉🥳🎊🍾🍾!!!! Did you send a LOI?
Anyone hear anything since?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Boston11996
New Member
Seems like theres really no WL movement. Probably due to jump in applications this year.Anyone hear anything since?
Wouldn’t that imply more WL movement? I think it’ll happen. Based on past threads it’s happened slowly may through mid juneSeems like theres really no WL movement. Probably due to jump in applications this year.
Last year some movement occurred on May 6th so maybe tomorow or on friday we will have movement
Has anyone heard anything recently? This silence is killing me
heard nothing; I'm getting worried their yield was better than expected and there won't be much movement 🙁
That’s my fear too! This is the only waitlist I’m on and I’m already dreading going through this whole process againheard nothing; I'm getting worried their yield was better than expected and there won't be much movement 🙁
Maybe I'm weird but I'm a bit the opposite in my anxiety. Most of my other schools have taken more time than previous years for their decisions, so I'm not surprised if it's more delayed. Certainly feels better than watching all the acceptances flow through when you've got nothing in your inbox.
I think there might have been unreported acceptances throughout the week. 🙁 The number of members in the facebook group has been fluctuating and is now slightly higher than before 4/30.
MedicalStudent888
Full Member
Got off the 1st tier WL earlier today! Not sure if I will be accepting or not yet, they gave me until Friday to decide.
Good luck everyone!!
Good luck everyone!!
Did they give you a fin aid package or scholarships at the same time?Got off the 1st tier WL earlier today! Not sure if I will be accepting or not yet, they gave me until Friday to decide.
Good luck everyone!!
MedicalStudent888
Full Member
Fin aid sent me instructions to complete fin aid info a few minutes after acceptance and said it could take up to two weeks to process and get a package. However it also said in acceptance letter they could extend the decision deadline past Friday if I did not receive that fin aid package by then.Did they give you a fin aid package or scholarships at the same time?
It is kinda confusing so feel free to DM me for more specific info!
alonbez01
New Member
can you let us know your decision?Got off the 1st tier WL earlier today! Not sure if I will be accepting or not yet, they gave me until Friday to decide.
Good luck everyone!!
MedicalStudent888
Full Member
yes of course!can you let us know your decision?
alonbez01
New Member
can you let us know your decision?
What did you reply to the survey regarding other offers?yes of course!
MedicalStudent888
Full Member
I was pretty transparent and kept my survey updated throughout the spring regarding my other acceptances and updated it once more when I selected "PTE" at another school in late april! Hope this helps and good luck!What did you reply to the survey regarding other offers?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MedicalStudent888
Full Member
after long reflection, I decided to withdraw my acceptance here. Hoping it goes to one of you very qualified candidates 🙂can you let us know your decision?
WLgang with no As salutes you!!! thank you very much!after long reflection, I decided to withdraw my acceptance here. Hoping it goes to one of you very qualified candidates 🙂
HakunaMatataMED
New Member
Has any of you heard anything yet? This silence is torturing me 😱
Nope... im losing hope for this cycle tbh...Has any of you heard anything yet? This silence is torturing me 😱
Boston11996
New Member
SameNope... im losing hope for this cycle tbh...
Just received an email about the waitlist survey again... did everybody else get that too?
HakunaMatataMED
New Member
I did too. I really hope that this means we are in the next round of acceptances...fingers crossed!!!Just received an email about the waitlist survey again... did everybody else get that too?
Just received an email about the waitlist survey again... did everybody else get that too?
Same!
Lol I received it too, I think maybe everyone on the waitlist did? Did anyone not receive the email?
not to burst any bubbles here but if we're talking about the interest survey, I'm an admitted student and I also received the reminder email.
ecuacor
Full Member
Thanks! These remainders are more for those who forgot to withdraw from waitlist than then ones interested, at least that’s how I feel lolnot to burst any bubbles here but if we're talking about the interest survey, I'm an admitted student and I also received the reminder email.
At least it means they're still actively pulling from the waitlist.
Boston11996
New Member
Nopelol rip, i guess maybe they aren't pulling from the WL much more after all - has anyone heard anything / seen any movement
Fwiw like 5-6 people joined the groupme mon and tues
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Link is in the fb group. If you need the link to that check the incoming student packet in the portal
Any news recently?
Why are they still asking for the interest survey 😩😩😩