You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Hofstra (Zucker)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Do you mind sharing when you interviewed?Got the “remains under review email” which I think is deferral and likely a 1st tier WL (or if I'm supremely lucky an A......)
D
deleted1114996
12/3!Do you mind sharing when you interviewed?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
GiantsNYanksx31
New Member
Does Hofstra still send out interview invites into February? I have been complete since August and still have yet to hear back. Just wondering if I should move on with my hopes of an interview here. Not sure if I have been silently rejected.
IS, complete since July, I'm just going to assume it's an R.Does Hofstra still send out interview invites into February? I have been complete since August and still have yet to hear back. Just wondering if I should move on with my hopes of an interview here. Not sure if I have been silently rejected.
GiantsNYanksx31
New Member
Damn, yeah I was going to assume it was an R at this point but wanted to keep hope :/IS, complete since July, I'm just going to assume it's an R.
I hope so. It does seem like most people who heard back in the past few weeks heard after 6-8 weeksFor those that interviewed 12/10, do you think we'll hear back by the end of this week? Going on 8 weeks waiting I thought we'd hear back sooner based on last year's thread
prietalinda
New Member
1st tier WL. Interviewed 12/10. Does anyone know the difference between 1st vs 2nd tier WL?
applesauce49
New Member
1st tier waitlist right now, interviewed on 12/08.
I got this too on Jan 26. Interviewed 12/03. I can't tell if this this or a 1st tier WL is preferable? Good luck!Got the “remains under review email” which I think is deferral and likely a 1st tier WL (or if I'm supremely lucky an A......)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Second tier waitlist about 30 min ago :/ interviewed mid December. Super bummed
Also december interview but got an email that says my application is still under review... not sure if that is a sign one way or the other or if they really just haven't gotten to it yet
beepbeep197
Full Member
When I asked back in December, they told me that we were not allowed to bring any guests due to COVID.How have people been dressing to the in person admitted students days? Also, do people bring a guest (a parent)? I went to another school where everyone brought along one of their parents but not sure how it works here
Samesies.Just got the notification that my app zucks (pre-II). Better luck to the rest!
Justtryintomedschool
Full Member
x3Just got the notification that my app zucks (pre-II). Better luck to the rest!
edit: not too worried about it, wasn't expecting much 🙂
X4x3
edit: not too worried about it, wasn't expecting much 🙂
DogeCoinToDaMoon
Full Member
anyone else waiting for the webinar to start?
beepbeep197
Full Member
For those that already attended the in-person visit day, what was the general dress code? Aka do I have to take my one set of interview-appropriate clothes to the dry cleaners this week?
Business casualFor those that already attended the in-person visit day, what was the general dress code? Aka do I have to take my one set of interview-appropriate clothes to the dry cleaners this week?
beepbeep197
Full Member
thank you! now time to figure out once and for all what that meansBusiness casual
Has anyone sent in a letter of intent/ interest post- II via mail instead of the portal? Is that discouraged?
Last edited:
D
deleted1111654
Received an interest survey for WL
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1Received an interest survey for WL
How do we feel about this part of the survey: "Please list the schools where you currently hold spots".......
D
deleted1111654
Kind of feels weird…+1
How do we feel about this part of the survey: "Please list the schools where you currently hold spots".......
beepbeep197
Full Member
+1
How do we feel about this part of the survey: "Please list the schools where you currently hold spots".......
This is so weird to ask WLed students. They sent this survey to accepted students as well. Is the survey required of you guys on the WL?Received an interest survey for WL
beepbeep197
Full Member
The email states that they strongly encourage us to fill it out, ig this is how they game the CYMS tool data and make WL decisions. But absolutely unfair to WLed students who want all options to be open. I feel like something like this should be against the rules.Honestly such an unfair question to not be optional. Seems like they are specifically targeting applicants with mid tier A's across the country but want to be in NY. Other people will come off as desperate, or not worth wasting a spot on.
scerevisiae
Full Member
Very unfair. I'd readily accept an A to Hofstra but I feel like if I list the other schools I'm accepted/ WLed at they'll just think I have other options and wont bother w my app
D
deleted1111654
Me as well. I’m worried that it could impact us negatively though.I am tempted not to fill out this WL survey. How are you all intending to proceed with this?
beepbeep197
Full Member
I think it's a damned if you do damned if you don't situation. Are they receptive to letters of interest?
D
deleted1111654
Or just “yes” 🤣I don't want to fill it out but I have a feeling they will only (or mostly) accept people who did tbh. tempted to not list specific schools though and put "decline to answer"
beepbeep197
Full Member
Or just “yes” 🤣
I filled it out and elaborated on factors that will ultimately influence my final decision (i.e. aid), hoping this shows enough interest.. honestly though not sure if they're technically allowed to ask where you're holding acceptances so declining to answer might not be a bad idea!
The school is trying to move up rankings and has a disproportionately high MCAT for its current rank. With that comes trying to maintain/increase their yield, and this is the best way for them to do so. If you report acceptances to a lot of top schools, you probably won't get an A because they won't expect you to come here, if u report zero A's and are relatively weak compared to their standards that might slightly hurt you as your intentions are likely rooted in securing your first A. I'd imagine it could be used to find students that have similar acceptances in hand (or slightly better), but prefer Hofstra, or students with zero acceptances in hand who are actually strong, fell through the cracks, and who Hofstra thinks they can “steal.”
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there even a chance for a second tier waitlist to get in if their survey "matches" what they're looking for?
MotorLover
Full Member
I know right lmao. I'm going to fill it out after I finish studying for this exam, but sounds like a waste of timeIs there even a chance for a second tier waitlist to get in if their survey "matches" what they're looking for?
Just withdrew from the 1st tier waitlist - good luck everyone!
+1Just withdrew from the 1st tier waitlist - good luck everyone!
teixeira77
New Member
Did anyone hear back from the MSTP yet?