2021-2022 Hofstra (Zucker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got a R

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Sorry for being annoying if this was already asked previously but does anyone know about 1st tier waitlist movement? And when/if it happens? (Yes lol I just got waitlisted here)

Reactions: 1 user
For my friends on the WL, I asked admissions about the interest survey and how it plays out. They reminded me that it is optional, and that if you are really interested in Hofstra that you should send a letter of intent, sooner the better. She basically told me that they treat the letter as a strong interest letter bc they know it's non-binding and FinAid offers play a huge role in where students end up committing too. Hope this helps and sending love to all the WLed homies

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1st tier waitlist yesterday after 1/12 interview. Will be declining my spot. Best of luck everyone!

when did you receive that email?
Like today? Where do you check
I checked the my hofstra portal and I saw I had an email from the financial aid office, and then I checked that section of the portal and then clicked award (or I think also you can click "award summary by aid year"). It was a little confusing but I could see my scholarship.

Edit: also the email came it at 12:30pm according to that section which is funny because I checked it not even an hour later.

Edit #2: it's also an email to your hofstra email so at least for me I didn't get an email about it to my regular email.

Last edited:
I checked the my hofstra portal and I saw I had an email from the financial aid office, and then I checked that section of the portal and then clicked award (or I think also you can click "award summary by aid year"). It was a little confusing but I could see my scholarship.

Edit: also the email came it at 12:30pm according to that section which is funny because I checked it not even an hour later.

Edit #2: it's also an email to your hofstra email so at least for me I didn't get an email about it to my regular email.
Thank you for the info! I haven’t gotten an email yet, so I wonder if they are releasing it throughout the day

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my financial aid package. Looking to live on campus, does anyone know how much on campus housing cost for med students?

I got my financial aid package. Looking to live on campus, does anyone know how much on campus housing cost for med students?
When I went to the visit day, many students told me that no medical student has ever lived in on-campus housing since the medical school opened. This is because the price is the same or a bit-less as off-campus housing and the graduate housing is super super “dormy.”

When I went to the visit day, many students told me that no medical student has ever lived in on-campus housing since the medical school opened. This is because the price is the same or a bit-less as off-campus housing and the graduate housing is super super “dormy.”
I see! Thank you. Any word on where people usually live? In Houses or any apartments near by. Sorry, not familiar with the neighborhood and can’t find much about it

I see! Thank you. Any word on where people usually live? In Houses or any apartments near by. Sorry, not familiar with the neighborhood and can’t find much about it
There's houses around the neighborhood that a lot of students in the past have split, and renting an entire house is usually cheaper than an apartment (can be like ~800/mo/person). In terms of apartment complexes, there are "luxury" apartments like the Avalon Westbury (which is actually within biking distance from the school), the Moderna Mineola, and Metro 303, which are pricier, but splitting a 3bd/2ba with 2 roommates makes it more affordable to the tune of like ~1200/mo. There's also an apartment complex at 115 atlantic ave in Hempstead which a lot of students have lived in the past, which is not as "high end" as the others but more affordable.

Lol did anyone see Hofstra's new stats in MSAR? They have median 519 mcat now

• Haha
I believe it is data for the MD Class of 2025. For most of our cycle, we were looking at data for the MD Class of 2024
Wow. I'd imagine it's even higher for this class of accepted students... Hoftsra is trying hard to be another east coast high stat school...

walmart Columbia
I don't exactly understand the point of this bc now they'll be competing for high stat applicants who get into schools with more name recognition and in better locations... but i mean they can do them

For the interest survey, did people basically fill out like essay style responses when checking off the boxes (financial, curriculum, location, etc.)? I don't know what they want lol

For the interest survey, did people basically fill out like essay style responses when checking off the boxes (financial, curriculum, location, etc.)? I don't know what they want lol
No I wrote sentence fragments lol

do we need to fill out the WL interest survey ASAP? I'm on 2nd tier, so I'm not particularly motivated

Anyone know if there’s a precedent for Hofstra to accept people off the WL before May 1st?

I withdrew my A and a hefty scholarship. I hope it goes to someone who needs it!

Also withdrew my A here! Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist. I have a feeling there will be a lot of movement 🤩

• Care
Is it true that this year Average MCAT for Zucker SOM is 518-519?

does hofstra typically offer financial aid? can you share typically what % of tuition is covered if any?>

Just PTE’ed! Is there a groupme by any chance?

Any admitted students have insight about FB group/groupme traffic? Trying to gauge if WL movement started

Any admitted students have insight about FB group/groupme traffic? Trying to gauge if WL movement started
Can't speak to the groupme, but I do see that about 8 people joined the FB group today, 7 of them within the past hour

Will they send email or call if admitted off WL?

• Hmm
Lmao rip the movement here (nonexistent it seems). F in the chat

Reactions: 3 users
They emailed me. I got off the mdphd waitlist yesterday afternoon

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users