You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Hofstra (Zucker)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
strawberry_donuts_
New Member
Sorry for being annoying if this was already asked previously but does anyone know about 1st tier waitlist movement? And when/if it happens? (Yes lol I just got waitlisted here)
beepbeep197
Full Member
For my friends on the WL, I asked admissions about the interest survey and how it plays out. They reminded me that it is optional, and that if you are really interested in Hofstra that you should send a letter of intent, sooner the better. She basically told me that they treat the letter as a strong interest letter bc they know it's non-binding and FinAid offers play a huge role in where students end up committing too. Hope this helps and sending love to all the WLed homies
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any idea when WL starts moving?
1st tier waitlist yesterday after 1/12 interview. Will be declining my spot. Best of luck everyone!
capybarANON
Full Member
I was told that something should be sent via Hofstra email by the end of March (I finished FAFSA in early Feb)When does financial aid stuff come out?
saintbernard95
Full Member
does anyone know when finaid packages will be out?
lieseldiesel
Full Member
I just got mine!!!does anyone know when finaid packages will be out?
Edit: I don't understand it at all though lol gotta call my dad
when did you receive that email?I just got mine!!!
Edit: I don't understand it at all though lol gotta call my dad
saintbernard95
Full Member
Like today? Where do you checkI just got mine!!!
Edit: I don't understand it at all though lol gotta call my dad
lieseldiesel
Full Member
when did you receive that email?
I checked the my hofstra portal and I saw I had an email from the financial aid office, and then I checked that section of the portal and then clicked award (or I think also you can click "award summary by aid year"). It was a little confusing but I could see my scholarship.Like today? Where do you check
Edit: also the email came it at 12:30pm according to that section which is funny because I checked it not even an hour later.
Edit #2: it's also an email to your hofstra email so at least for me I didn't get an email about it to my regular email.
Last edited:
Thank you for the info! I haven’t gotten an email yet, so I wonder if they are releasing it throughout the dayI checked the my hofstra portal and I saw I had an email from the financial aid office, and then I checked that section of the portal and then clicked award (or I think also you can click "award summary by aid year"). It was a little confusing but I could see my scholarship.
Edit: also the email came it at 12:30pm according to that section which is funny because I checked it not even an hour later.
Edit #2: it's also an email to your hofstra email so at least for me I didn't get an email about it to my regular email.
When I went to the visit day, many students told me that no medical student has ever lived in on-campus housing since the medical school opened. This is because the price is the same or a bit-less as off-campus housing and the graduate housing is super super “dormy.”I got my financial aid package. Looking to live on campus, does anyone know how much on campus housing cost for med students?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
med2b3
Full Member
I see! Thank you. Any word on where people usually live? In Houses or any apartments near by. Sorry, not familiar with the neighborhood and can’t find much about itWhen I went to the visit day, many students told me that no medical student has ever lived in on-campus housing since the medical school opened. This is because the price is the same or a bit-less as off-campus housing and the graduate housing is super super “dormy.”
There's houses around the neighborhood that a lot of students in the past have split, and renting an entire house is usually cheaper than an apartment (can be like ~800/mo/person). In terms of apartment complexes, there are "luxury" apartments like the Avalon Westbury (which is actually within biking distance from the school), the Moderna Mineola, and Metro 303, which are pricier, but splitting a 3bd/2ba with 2 roommates makes it more affordable to the tune of like ~1200/mo. There's also an apartment complex at 115 atlantic ave in Hempstead which a lot of students have lived in the past, which is not as "high end" as the others but more affordable.I see! Thank you. Any word on where people usually live? In Houses or any apartments near by. Sorry, not familiar with the neighborhood and can’t find much about it
MotorLover
Full Member
Lol did anyone see Hofstra's new stats in MSAR? They have median 519 mcat now
beepbeep197
Full Member
Wow. That is ridiculously high. Is this the data from this year??Lol did anyone see Hofstra's new stats in MSAR? They have median 519 mcat now
MotorLover
Full Member
I believe it is data for the MD Class of 2025. For most of our cycle, we were looking at data for the MD Class of 2024Wow. That is ridiculously high. Is this the data from this year??
beepbeep197
Full Member
Wow. I'd imagine it's even higher for this class of accepted students... Hoftsra is trying hard to be another east coast high stat school...I believe it is data for the MD Class of 2025. For most of our cycle, we were looking at data for the MD Class of 2024
MotorLover
Full Member
walmart ColumbiaWow. I'd imagine it's even higher for this class of accepted students... Hoftsra is trying hard to be another east coast high stat school...
beepbeep197
Full Member
I don't exactly understand the point of this bc now they'll be competing for high stat applicants who get into schools with more name recognition and in better locations... but i mean they can do themwalmart Columbia
D
deleted1114996
For the interest survey, did people basically fill out like essay style responses when checking off the boxes (financial, curriculum, location, etc.)? I don't know what they want lol
beepbeep197
Full Member
No I wrote sentence fragments lolFor the interest survey, did people basically fill out like essay style responses when checking off the boxes (financial, curriculum, location, etc.)? I don't know what they want lol
MotorLover
Full Member
do we need to fill out the WL interest survey ASAP? I'm on 2nd tier, so I'm not particularly motivated
Wondering the samedoes hofstra negotiate fin aid?
delicious_guineapig
Full Member
Withdrew my A. I hope it goes to one of you future doctors!
MotorLover
Full Member
Did anyone go to the WL info session today? Anything interesting?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
strawberry_donuts_
New Member
I went for a little bit, but quite a few people there (~100)! Nothing really I haven't heard beforeDid anyone go to the WL info session today? Anything interesting?
scerevisiae
Full Member
Anyone know if there’s a precedent for Hofstra to accept people off the WL before May 1st?
I withdrew my A and a hefty scholarship. I hope it goes to someone who needs it!
beepbeep197
Full Member
Also withdrew my A here! Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist. I have a feeling there will be a lot of movement 🤩
andypoulos28
Full Member
Did you just withdraw through the portal or did you send them an email too? I think I'm ready to withdraw my AI withdrew my A and a hefty scholarship. I hope it goes to someone who needs it!
I did both to be sure.Did you just withdraw through the portal or did you send them an email too? I think I'm ready to withdraw my A
I received full tuition + fees.does hofstra typically offer financial aid? can you share typically what % of tuition is covered if any?>
Edit: I'm also really poor. lol
D
deleted1114996
Any admitted students have insight about FB group/groupme traffic? Trying to gauge if WL movement started
misterblahblahblah
Full Member
+1 followingAny admitted students have insight about FB group/groupme traffic? Trying to gauge if WL movement started
Can't speak to the groupme, but I do see that about 8 people joined the FB group today, 7 of them within the past hourAny admitted students have insight about FB group/groupme traffic? Trying to gauge if WL movement started
D
deleted1114996
Will they send email or call if admitted off WL?
D
deleted1114996
Lmao rip the movement here (nonexistent it seems). F in the chat
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
snakemuffin
Full Member
F
teixeira77
New Member
They emailed me. I got off the mdphd waitlist yesterday afternoon
misterblahblahblah
Full Member
Got the A. Email today @ 9:44 EST
Congrats! Did you send them an LOI?Got the A. Email today @ 9:44 EST
misterblahblahblah
Full Member
No letters, just thank you notes post interviewCongrats! Did you send them an LOI?