You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Hofstra (Zucker)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
confidence_is_key_
Full Member
pre-II R, IS, complete 08/29
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted649998
Waitlisted (2nd tier waitlist), I interviewed February 1st
Persaudirabia
Full Member
2nd tier waitlist, interviewed 2/5
altruistic_hopeful
Full Member
is there an accepted students group?
to the people who interviewed here and got the email that your application will "continue to be considered": has anyone received a final admissions decision yet?
sweetpotater
Full Member
Nope. Interviewed early October and got that email early Feb.to the people who interviewed here and got the email that your application will "continue to be considered": has anyone received a final admissions decision yet?
D
deleted1039510
anyone hear anything about scholarships? or have an idea when we might?
TheCyclingRedwood
Full Member
@moshpitmed @sweetpotater Also received that email but in late Feb (interviewed mid Jan). Don't want to demoralize us too much, and there might be a chance that things change, but I'm taking it as a soft R more than anything :/ Hofstra bb if you're reading this, I would be very welcome to being disproven here 🙂
wpneuro
Full Member
I got that email early February as well and earlier this week got officially relegated to the waitlist (MD/PhD)! Interviewed back in Novemberto the people who interviewed here and got the email that your application will "continue to be considered": has anyone received a final admissions decision yet?
TheCyclingRedwood
Full Member
That's awesome! If you feel comfortable sharing, may I ask what tier you were placed on?I got that email early February as well and earlier this week got officially relegated to the waitlist (MD/PhD)! Interviewed back in November
wpneuro
Full Member
Yeah, I'm on first-tier! I honestly am not entirely sure what this means, but I'll take it over an R 😅That's awesome! If you feel comfortable sharing, may I ask what tier you were placed on?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TheCyclingRedwood
Full Member
WL movement depends on the school and program, but 1st tier generally sees notable movement while 2nd tier undergoes less movement, so being on 1st tier is leagues over an R! Congrats, and I really hope you land it!Yeah, I'm on first-tier! I honestly am not entirely sure what this means, but I'll take it over an R 😅
sweetpotater
Full Member
Also 1st tier MD-PhD. Almost half a year post-IYeah, I'm on first-tier! I honestly am not entirely sure what this means, but I'll take it over an R 😅
hmm I definitely wouldn't call it a soft R, I feel like it means they can't decide whether to give us an A or first tier WL so they're probably just weighing their options rn, I could be wrong tho!@moshpitmed @sweetpotater Also received that email but in late Feb (interviewed mid Jan). Don't want to demoralize us too much, and there might be a chance that things change, but I'm taking it as a soft R more than anything :/ Hofstra bb if you're reading this, I would be very welcome to being disproven here 🙂
has anyone heard anything today? does anyone know when we will start to hear back?
I'm in the same boat. The people who interviewed the week of 2/5/21 seemed to get results last Tuesday (3/2/21) so I feel like the decisions for my interview date (week of 2/8/21) should be coming out any moment.has anyone heard anything today? does anyone know when we will start to hear back?
anyone with the "continued to be considered" email hear back at all?
not yet, I received that email almost 3 weeks ago. I still have hope though!anyone with the "continued to be considered" email hear back at all?
D
deleted1060074
The email they sent me a few weeks after getting waitlisted said it was "strongly encouraged to do the survey." So I guess it is pretty important. But I am not really sure. They really don't reveal much of how they select waitlisted students and what their movement looks like. I am still not even sure if students get ranked further within each tier of the waitlist.What's your take on completing WaitList Survey?
D
deleted1060074
I got the follow-up email about two weeks after being waitlisted. But for me, it was a bit different because when I first got waitlisted, the survey tab was not available. Then after, it became available, I received the email. Yeah, I am not sure either. On one side, I feel like they would call people with other acceptances first to get these students before they decide to CTE at another school and to help other schools move their WLs as well. On the other side, I feel like they could prioritize those without any other acceptances since these students are more likely to attend because they would only have one option. I am also not a big fan that they ask you to disclose the specific schools you were accepted to. I think disclosing that you have other offers should be enough.How many weeks after being waitlisted, you got the follow up email referring to Survey?
If you choose first Option (Interested with other offers), Hofstra is asking to list the schools where you currently hold spots.
Not sure if this helps or hurts
Anyone hear about financial aid?
I just got a fin aid offer to my Hofstra email (can check in the portal) late last night!Anyone hear about financial aid?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wow congrats! have any other accepted students received FA packages? hoping they roll it out throughout the day like they did with acceptances....
What time of the day did you get your acceptance?wow congrats! have any other accepted students received FA packages? hoping they roll it out throughout the day like they did with acceptances....
accepted 1/14, received acceptance email at 10am - im towards the front of the alphabet if that has anything to do with it. Also just checked when I got the fin aid award email and it actually came late last night, not this morning. processing time probably depends on when the finaid office received FAFSA/other info?What time of the day did you get your acceptance?
Chicago_Bob
Full Member
In terms of FA, I got "offered" a bunch of loans and a relatively underwhelming Zucker SOM Scholarship.
goodvibesonly12345
Full Member
does anyone know if scholarships renew annually?
yes, they do renew annually (I confirmed with the fin aid office)does anyone know if scholarships renew annually?
anexhaustedpremed
Full Member
I got the "strongly encouraged to do the survey" email on 2/22, was waitlisted on 2/5Has anyone else on WL got similar email asking for "strongly encouraged to do the survey."
any january interviewees anxiously waiting to hear back from them? they said we'll get a decision before the end of march 😮
has anyone heard back today or yesterday?
NothingNew10
Full Member
Waitlist today!
Got the A today after a 2/18 interview!
1st Tier waitlist lol interviewed in November
MedicalStudent888
Full Member
1st tier WL as well interviewed 2/24
2nd tier waitlist. Interviewed 2/19
An impressive 2021 match list from Zucker.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anexhaustedpremed
Full Member
I did complete the survey and ended up putting other As on there. I also got a reminder email today to do the survey if I haven't already. If you arent receiving the emails, maybe reach out to Admissions? They seem pretty general and like they were sent to everyoneStill waiting for email; Did you guys complete the survey and explicitly mention the other colleges?
TheCyclingRedwood
Full Member
1st-tier WL earlier today after being placed on AC exactly a month ago. Congrats to all who've been accepted today!
Edit: by AC, I mean active consideration/continuing to be considered
Edit: by AC, I mean active consideration/continuing to be considered
Last edited:
Boston11996
New Member
In regards to the waitlist survey, should we be listing only MD acceptances or MD and DO acceptances? 1st Tier WL today.
D
deleted1060074
Anyone else got any As today or recently? It feels like this school is waitlisting almost everybody now.
Does anyone know if it’s possible to get in being on the 2nd tier waitlist?