You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Illinois
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
are they sending one by one? im still waiting for a response 🙁((
I think so.
Does anyone know if I click Accept Offer, does it mean that I will be committing myself to matriculation at UIC?
Nope! You’re just securing a spot. Once you hit accept offer, the button changes to “commit to enroll”. Don’t hit that one.I think so.
Does anyone know if I click Accept Offer, does it mean that I will be committing myself to matriculation at UIC?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m not entirely sure, but I didn’t get an email until about 12 minutes after the first person posted their A. Yours could still be coming!are they sending one by one? im still waiting for a response 🙁((
Edit: Based on their response below looks like I got my email ~ 30 minutes later!
Last edited:
Yes, I received the email today around 3:30CT.Did you receive your email today?
Nope! You’re just securing a spot. Once you hit accept offer, the button changes to “commit to enroll”. Don’t hit that one.
Thank you!
I think so? What are we supposed to do in the AMCAS?Do we have to pay to hold our seat? I hit the button and it changed to commit to enroll. Is that all I have to do?
I think when you pick a school to commit you do it on amcas? someone correct me if I'm wrong lmao. I thought we had to pay to hold our seat and that money was refundable or something idk manI think so? What are we supposed to do in the AMCAS?
I’m pretty sure UIC doesn’t require a deposit after acceptance, but a lot of schools do. You’ll use AMCAS to fill out the choose your medical school tool. I don’t think that opens until February though so you’re good. Just take a look at UIC’s portal for any requirements. Congrats!!I think so? What are we supposed to do in the AMCAS?
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Delayed decision on my end since 10/16. Adcoms meet once a month to make decisions.is anyone still waiting? nothing on my end, so im guessing its a delayed d?
I might be wrong but IIRC, Dr. Amiri said it might be around December or so.Does anyone know when they begin to confirm campus placement?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
apoptotic_bleb
Full Member
Did anyone complete end of August/early September receive an II yet?
Did anyone complete end of August/early September receive an II yet?
I got an II and was completed late August
I was complete 9/7Did anyone complete end of August/early September receive an II yet?
sredna4
Full Member
I also received that second look invite for Chicago. I interviewed in Chicago, but I wonder if that is just their template for everyone since campus placement has not been decided.Has anyone been receiving these second look invitations? I am receiving them for Chicago, and I'm wondering if others are receiving them for Chicago or other campuses
I am also wondering. Is campus placement rolling with decisions starting in December or is there a due date? Still trying to make my final decision between two campuses over the next week
Last edited:
NeedAnotherNap
Full Member
Why are you assuming these are second look dates for Chicago?Has anyone been receiving these second look invitations? I am receiving them for Chicago, and I'm wondering if others are receiving them for Chicago or other campuses
Black_Taurean
Full Member
I was complete 8/8 and just received an II on Nov. 17thDid anyone complete end of August/early September receive an II yet?
apoptotic_bleb
Full Member
Congrats! Did you send an update?I was complete 8/8 and just received an II on Nov. 17th
Black_Taurean
Full Member
Has anyone been receiving these second look invitations? I am receiving them for Chicago, and I'm wondering if others are receiving them for Chicago or other campuses
I did not but I didn't have anything to report. If you have a significant update, I say send an updateCongrats! Did you send an update?
I’m not assuming, it says “University of Illinois Chicago” the flierWhy are you assuming these are second look dates for Chicago?
Seems like they’re rolling and the next release will be in late November early December. If you don’t have a preference, i think they either wouldn’t give you a placement or just randomly assign you. But I’m not sure.I also received that second look invite for Chicago. I interviewed in Chicago, but I wonder if that is just their template for everyone since campus placement has not been decided.
I am also wondering. Is campus placement rolling with decisions starting in December or is there a due date? Still trying to make my final decision between two campuses over the next week
NeedAnotherNap
Full Member
I understand that, I also received one. I would just be careful because it doesn’t specify a campus, it simply states the school’s name “University of Illinois Chicago College of Medicine UICOM”, and includes sessions hosted by programs specific to Peoria and Rockford.I’m not assuming, it says “University of Illinois Chicago” the flier
That’s not the school’s name though. The name of the school is University of Illinois College of Medicine (if it was what you said, wouldn’t it be UICCOM?). Nobody refers to as University of Illinois Chicago college of medicine unless they’re specifying the Chicago campus. Have you checked out the website?I understand that, I also received one. I would just be careful because it doesn’t specify a campus, it simply states the school’s name “University of Illinois Chicago College of Medicine UICOM”, and includes sessions hosted by programs specific to Peoria and Rockford.
Last edited:
apoptotic_bleb
Full Member
here for this sassThat’s not the school’s name though. The name of the school is University of Illinois College of Medicine (if it was what you said, wouldn’t it be UICCOM?). Nobody refers to as University of Illinois Chicago college of medicine unless they’re specifying the Chicago campus. Have you checked out the website?
NeedAnotherNap
Full Member
I just think they’re maybe referring to Chicago because it’s the “main” campus? Oh well, still checking on those campus assignments every day! HahahThat’s not the school’s name though. The name of the school is University of Illinois College of Medicine (if it was what you said, wouldn’t it be UICCOM?). Nobody refers to as University of Illinois Chicago college of medicine unless they’re specifying the Chicago campus. Have you checked out the website?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha me too. Just looking for any signs at this point, this is definitely a stretchI just think they’re maybe referring to Chicago because it’s the “main” campus? Oh well, still checking on those campus assignments every day! Hahah
I was supposed to receive feedback from this school last Friday but still nothing. I called but the lady stated they "have not finished inputting decisions." Anyone else in the same boat?
bumping...Does anyone know when they begin to confirm campus placement?
JustAnotherKinaseSTAT
New Member
It's weird but the whole school is actually under the University of Illinois at Chicago umbrella. Even if you end up at Rockford or Peoria campuses you will get emails about what's going on at UIC undergrad campus but not the University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign) emails.That’s not the school’s name though. The name of the school is University of Illinois College of Medicine (if it was what you said, wouldn’t it be UICCOM?). Nobody refers to as University of Illinois Chicago college of medicine unless they’re specifying the Chicago campus. Have you checked out the website?
You're right that nobody refers to it as such and I thought it was more affiliated with UIUC than UIC before I started here but that is not the case. It's confusing.
I'm not sure about your second look day, though. Mine last year specified which campus before being canceled and switched to online format.
NeedAnotherNap
Full Member
Thank you for the clarification! I’m thinking they will probably specify which campus our second look day is for once they update our portal with our campus assignment... anxiously waiting for that!It's weird but the whole school is actually under the University of Illinois at Chicago umbrella. Even if you end up at Rockford or Peoria campuses you will get emails about what's going on at UIC undergrad campus but not the University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign) emails.
You're right that nobody refers to it as such and I thought it was more affiliated with UIUC than UIC before I started here but that is not the case. It's confusing.
I'm not sure about your second look day, though. Mine last year specified which campus before being canceled and switched to online format.
holy crap they send As quickly after the interview! congratulations!Accepted! I’m over the moon!! Interviewed 11/11!!
Does anyone remember where in the supplemental application did we select which campuses we want to be considered for? Or did I dream that that happened?
I've been complete since late July, so I don't remember anything haha
I've been complete since late July, so I don't remember anything haha
Does anyone remember where in the supplemental application did we select which campuses we want to be considered for? Or did I dream that that happened?
I've been complete since late July, so I don't remember anything haha
You don’t get to rank campuses unless you’ve been accepted.
LetMeINNNNNN
Full Member
Is it worth emailing the admissions office with an update instead of only the portal?
Worked for another school bc they gave me an II the day after
Worked for another school bc they gave me an II the day after
Is it worth emailing the admissions office with an update instead of only the portal?
Worked for another school bc they gave me an II the day after
for that other school, you emailed adcom and uploaded to the portal? I’m also conflicted on email vs. portal for updates in general. does anyone have any insight?
I initially accidentally emailed them through the contact button option in the portal to provide an update, but they redirected me to upload the update to my portal insteadfor that other school, you emailed adcom and uploaded to the portal? I’m also conflicted on email vs. portal for updates in general. does anyone have any insight?
LetMeINNNNNN
Full Member
I initially accidentally emailed them through the contact button option in the portal to provide an update, but they redirected me to upload the update to my portal instead
Okay thank you!
Anyone else complete in July and not heard anything?
In-state, undergrad alum, 3.7, 523 getting really nervous because Illinois is one of my top choices
In-state, undergrad alum, 3.7, 523 getting really nervous because Illinois is one of my top choices
yea same complete july 14th. 3.9 gpa 512 mcat, total silenceAnyone else complete in July and not heard anything?
In-state, undergrad alum, 3.7, 523 getting really nervous because Illinois is one of my top choices
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
I interviewed back in October but still have not heard back. I feel like a lot of people that interviewed around the same time as me already heard back, one way or another.Anyone else complete in July and not heard anything?
In-state, undergrad alum, 3.7, 523 getting really nervous because Illinois is one of my top choices
apoptotic_bleb
Full Member
Hmm maybe it's because you did too well on the mcat. Just kidding- amazing score! Still waiting myself but from end of augustAnyone else complete in July and not heard anything?
In-state, undergrad alum, 3.7, 523 getting really nervous because Illinois is one of my top choices
Hmm maybe it's because you did too well on the mcat. Just kidding- amazing score! Still waiting myself but from end of august
Thanks, friend. Hopefully we get some good news soon.
For any current or former students who were OOS. How did you decide on UIC? I realize that for some it may have been their only acceptance, but with crazy price tag did scholarships or grants make it affordable. What was your reasoning. I really love the school, but the price tag is just killing me.
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Don't know if I will be accepted or rejected yet, but I am wondering the same thing as I am also OOS.For any current or former students who were OOS. How did you decide on UIC? I realize that for some it may have been their only acceptance, but with crazy price tag did scholarships or grants make it affordable. What was your reasoning. I really love the school, but the price tag is just killing me.