2020-2021 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
After sending in your waitlist form through mail, did you guys ge a confirmation or something that you are on the waitlist?

You will get an email and your status on the portal will reflect that you’re on the waitlist

Members don't see this ad.

After sending in your waitlist form through mail, did you guys ge a confirmation or something that you are on the waitlist?
I had a portal change that I am in WL, did not get an email though...

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just had the portal change also, no email. Elmira
Just to clarify peeps, I'm talking about when I sent in a paper to accept my seat on the WL (they only changed my portal). I didn't have any portal change since then (I wish)

Reactions: 1 users
Is it me or does it seem like Tuesday/Wednesday are the days people seem to be hearing from admissions about decisions or getting off the waitlist? And the other days there’s nothing

Reactions: 5 users
Is it me or does it seem like Tuesday/Wednesday are the days people seem to be hearing from admissions about decisions or getting off the waitlist? And the other days there’s nothing
Makes sense that it would be one day a week or so!

I'm guessing for Elmira peeps we won't hear until after the 7th?

Reactions: 1 user
Could also be referring to the alternate list survey which is due the 7th on the last email.
Yep, I was going based on the that! The survey is due on the 7th, so I don't think they would take students off waitlist until they look at everyone who's answered.

Yep, I was going based on the that! The survey is due on the 7th, so I don't think they would take students off waitlist until they look at everyone who's answered.
Yep had the same thought. everytime I see some hope of some waitlist movement, I just remember the unimaginable length of the waitlist.

Yep had the same thought. everytime I see some hope of some waitlist movement, I just remember the unimaginable length of the waitlist.
Even with that second (or third survey) to wind down the numbers, I definitely think there was a net addition of waitlists from the last interview session haha oh boy, i guess we'll see what happens.

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I've been told with the Elmira campus is that there have been changes to the WL or the Alt list and they are trying to get responses so that they are not calling or emailing people if they are already planning on withdrawing. I guess there are those that do not send in a withdraw letter and don't let them know. This will help them to get a better account of those on the list.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
From what I've been told with the Elmira campus is that there have been changes to the WL or the Alt list and they are trying to get responses so that they are not calling or emailing people if they are already planning on withdrawing. I guess there are those that do not send in a withdraw letter and don't let them know. This will help them to get a better account of those on the list.
Can you elaborate on "changes" or do generally mean there are just additions or subtractions to the number of people on the waitlist?

I know that this is a separate thread for Bradenton, but I am curious -- are you, guys, also ghosted by them? Like under the review process forever?

Reactions: 2 users
I know that this is a separate thread for Bradenton, but I am curious -- are you, guys, also ghosted by them? Like under the review process forever?
I interviewed for Bradenton and had my session in November. My portal still says “under review post interview” or whatever. I’ve called multiple times (with minimal response) and whoever I spoke to said “you're not going to get in here… but you should be able to get in somewhere”. Uhhh ok lol 😅🤦🏼‍♀🤷🏼‍♀️ Called again months later saying I still never received an official decision and they said “huh yeah we should’ve sent one or you should get one at some point”.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
I interviewed for Bradenton and had my session in November. My portal still says “under review post interview” or whatever. I’ve called multiple times (with minimal response) and whoever I spoke to said “you're not going to get in here… but you should be able to get in somewhere”. Uhhh ok lol 😅🤦🏼‍♀🤷🏼‍♀️ Called again months later saying I still never received an official decision and they said “huh yeah we should’ve sent one or you should get one at some point”.

Wait......they told you that you wouldn't be accepted over the phone??

Yikes... I know that Bradenton had a separate admission process but this is...disheartening

Yikes... I know that Bradenton had a separate admission process but this is...disheartening
I did not hear one word from Bradenton after I submitted my secondary. Yet I’m an alternate for SH. It really is a totally separate school

they sent me a rejection email:

Thank you for your application to the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine Bradenton Campus (LECOM Bradenton). The Admissions Committee looked favorably on your application. Unfortunately, due to the limited number of applicants we can accept for the incoming class, we were unable to offer you an interview.

We encourage you to reapply for next year and complete your application early in the year. The American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Application Services (AACOMAS) is currently accepting applications for the new cycle. After your AACOMAS application is received by LECOM Bradenton you will be emailed an invitation to complete our supplemental application.

We look forward to receiving your application for the next entering class.

Sincerely,

• Care
  • Okay...
they sent me a rejection email:

Thank you for your application to the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine Bradenton Campus (LECOM Bradenton). The Admissions Committee looked favorably on your application. Unfortunately, due to the limited number of applicants we can accept for the incoming class, we were unable to offer you an interview.

We encourage you to reapply for next year and complete your application early in the year. The American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Application Services (AACOMAS) is currently accepting applications for the new cycle. After your AACOMAS application is received by LECOM Bradenton you will be emailed an invitation to complete our supplemental application.

We look forward to receiving your application for the next entering class.

Sincerely,
We’re you waitlisted?

the alternate list is numbered/ranked? or how ever responds early? how does alternate list work?

just speculation: but the fb SH group members has increased to 134 so im guessing waitlist movement has started there as well just no record of it on sdn so far
what is the facebook count now..? did you check..?

can't rely on facebook group count, just had a chat with group admin. He himself don't know the exact count. there are other students and many others in the group. What i have been told is lot of students have withdrawn to attend other schools. the admin of the fb group withdrew and gave it to another accepted student. so lot of changes are sure happening.

Reactions: 3 users
can't rely on facebook group count, just had a chat with group admin. He himself don't know the exact count. there are other students and many others in the group. What i have been told is lot of students have withdrawn to attend other schools. the admin of the fb group withdrew and gave it to another accepted student. so lot of changes are sure happening.
This is for Elmira.

How long after mailing in the waitlist form did it take for your status to change to waitlisted on the portal?

Recently accepted student here

Can someone share the class facebook page so I can start looking for roommates

This is for Elmira.
I think its different for SH. It seems like the admin for Class of 2024 and 2025 is the same so im assuming thats the current SGA and they are verifying the ppl they accept. i also say this bc there was another 2025 SH group that was deleted

once again, all of this is speculation and we shoudlnt lose hope bc anything can happen in the upcoming weeks, but also good to be alert in terms of preparing to pursue the appropriate plan Bs

I haven't received any confirmation email after sending in the "interest in AL" on may 28th. Is this a concern? do i need to reach out to them and get confirmation?

Will be withdrawing my A from Erie soon. I hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 18 users
I haven't received any confirmation email after sending in the "interest in AL" on may 28th. Is this a concern? do i need to reach out to them and get confirmation?
Do you have a portal change? I got an email with a delay, the portal change was first.

I never received an email! Just a portal change

I think tomorrow we'll have some luck with waitlist movement since that elmira survey was due today. Crossing fingers.

Reactions: 9 users
my survey is due on 6/11 for AL
AL?

Edited to add: alternate list, Got it! I was wracking my brain trying to understand which campus lol