2020-2021 LSU New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II! In state, 3.42 cgpa undergrad, 3.71 cgpa & sgpa from smp. 504 MCAT, urm.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone not ED receive a II?
Also, do y’all know how long it takes for them to review applications before hearing something? I’ve been under “active consideration” for about a week.
I also received the "under active consideration" email a week ago. I am pretty sure someone in the chat said they received their II a month after the "active consideration" email.

Has anyone else received a payment confirmation but not the "complete email" yet?

Reactions: 1 user
I got my payment and secondaries received emails last week but still no complete email.

I got a file completion email a few days ago then got a file complete email today saying it's under active consideration

I got a file completion email a few days ago then got a file complete email today saying it's under active consideration
do you know how many days were in between you getting the payment/secondaries received emails and the file completion email?

do you know how many days were in between you getting the payment/secondaries received emails and the file completion email?

9/22 was when they received my payment

Holy crap, I received a II. I never thought I would even get this far. I had a sub 3 BCPM from undergrad, but a good SMP GPA. The 32 hour "policy" saved me. 513 MCAT, IS, ORM, nontrad closer to 30 than 25, no research.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Similar situation as you, hope can be saved by 32 credits policy. MCAT 517, postbacc 47 credits GPA 4.0, plus traditional master program 36 credits GPA 4.0, but I am OOS. do you think I have a shot?

Similar situation as you, hope can be saved by 32 credits policy. MCAT 517, postbacc 47 credits GPA 4.0, plus traditional master program 36 credits GPA 4.0, but I am OOS. do you think I have a shot?
Do you have any ties to New Orleans or Louisiana?

Members don't see this ad :)
My mother was an alumna from U of L.
Not as strong of a tie as people who have lived in Louisiana but it may help you! LSU does have a strong in-state bias but your stats are very good so you definitely have a shot. Good luck! :)

When I got the II invite there was literally only one date to pick. Does anyone know why this might be? Not that I would wait to interview, but I am sure there are more interview slots in future months. Why was I only given one date?

When I got the II invite there was literally only one date to pick. Does anyone know why this might be? Not that I would wait to interview, but I am sure there are more interview slots in future months. Why was I only given one date?

How long had it between when you received the II and when you scheduled your interview? Many schools only open a certain amount of interview slots each time a batch of IIs are sent out. If you scheduled more than a few hours after receiving the II, it could be that all others applicants who also received an II in your batch filled up the additional days and they were no longer visible to you due to being full.

File was complete on 10/25 and just received an email stating that my application is under active consideration today.

So I just got an II but was sent a follow up email saying pick Tuesday since I'm interested in primary care. There was only one date on there and it was a Wednesday. Did this happen to anyone else?

This happened to me too! Was it 10/21?

II, file complete email today, II interview email 1 min later, only 1 date available

This happened to me too! Was it 10/21?

No, one week earlier, but mine was a wednesday too. Sounds like primary care focused people are getting tuesdays. Wonder who gets mondays.

No, one week earlier, but mine was a wednesday too. Sounds like primary care focused people are getting tuesdays. Wonder who gets mondays.
I was given several days to choose from (interviewed 9/21) and the II email said they preferred me to schedule on a Monday because there were certain faculty interviewers who were only available on Mondays. They didn't give any other reason for the Monday preference though so I'm not totally sure!

I was given several days to choose from (interviewed 9/21) and the II email said they preferred me to schedule on a Monday because there were certain faculty interviewers who were only available on Mondays. They didn't give any other reason for the Monday preference though so I'm not totally sure!
How was the interview? Can you go over the schedule if you don’t mind

How was the interview? Can you go over the schedule if you don’t mind
Sure! The day started with a brief orientation from Dr. Eubanks where he explained more about the admissions process and what the interviews would be like. Then we had a virtual tour with a few current M2s, it was very relaxed and informal and we were able to ask them questions throughout. The whole morning session lasted for an hour and a half and then we had a 2 hour break before the interviews. You'll receive 3 separate emails on the day of the interview with the Zoom links for the 3 one-on-one interviews. The interviews were scheduled for 30-40 minutes each. I had 2 faculty interviewers and 1 med student interviewer, all 3 of them were very friendly and seemed like they just wanted to get to know me better! The whole experience was really great. Let me know if you have any questions I didn't answer :)

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Sure! The day started with a brief orientation from Dr. Eubanks where he explained more about the admissions process and what the interviews would be like. Then we had a virtual tour with a few current M2s, it was very relaxed and informal and we were able to ask them questions throughout. The whole morning session lasted for an hour and a half and then we had a 2 hour break before the interviews. You'll receive 3 separate emails on the day of the interview with the Zoom links for the 3 one-on-one interviews. The interviews were scheduled for 30-40 minutes each. I had 2 faculty interviewers and 1 med student interviewer, all 3 of them were very friendly and seemed like they just wanted to get to know me better! The whole experience was really great. Let me know if you have any questions I didn't answer :)
Thank you!! That’s so helpful! Do you know if all 3 were open or closed file? I guess I’m just trying to figure out how much they know about me before

Thank you!! That’s so helpful! Do you know if all 3 were open or closed file? I guess I’m just trying to figure out how much they know about me before
You're very welcome! They were all open file, and it was clear that all the interviewers had read my application closely, which was nice because I think it made the interview feel more personal. Good luck!!

• Love
My letter came in the mail yesterday too. NFA. Interviewed 2 weeks ago.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
anyone else who interviewed before the last committee meeting not get a letter yet? the anticipation is killing me but wondering if mine got lost or there are others in the same boat

never mind i got acceptance letter just now!!!! it went to my old address which i live five minutes from but had a feeling it would go there even thought i emailed. i slipped a note under my previous address’s door asking them to text if i got mail from LSU there and it came there today!!! interviewed 9/14 i think, 515 mcat 3.82 gpa IS

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
RD MD/MPH II today! File complete 8/5, IS, 509 mcat, 3.3 ugpa, 4.0 masters gpa

Just got my acceptance letter in the mail!! I'm a Louisiana resident but currently live in Arizona so it took a little longer to get here. I interviewed on 9/21. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear about interviews/acceptances, I hope you hear good news!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just got my acceptance letter in the mail!! I'm a Louisiana resident but currently live in Arizona so it took a little longer to get here. I interviewed on 9/21. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear about interviews/acceptances, I hope you hear good news!
congrats!! i just got back from AZ (visiting parents) to my A letter!!

Is there an accepted students facebook group?

I got my "under active consideration" e mail September 9 and still have not received an II. Anyone RD with similar situation or heard back?

I received my "file complete" email 9/28 and have not received an "under active consideration email"- I'm IS strong ties to LSU and I hope a decent candidate, but should I be worried or send an email to follow up? Just always worried about falling through the cracks.