2020-2021 LSU New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received my "file complete" email 9/28 and have not received an "under active consideration email"- I'm IS strong ties to LSU and I hope a decent candidate, but should I be worried or send an email to follow up? Just always worried about falling through the cracks.
I don't think you should be worried, they're probably just dealing with a ton of applications/interviews right now and haven't gotten to yours yet! You can also call on Thursday afternoons to check on the status of your application :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone interviewing tomorrow receive a zoom invite for orientation?

Members don't see this ad :)
any current students feel strongly (or not) and wanna share their thoughts? i got into lsu nola and another school last week and feel very torn. looking for rave reviews at this school, hopefully specifically for giving students lots of opps for research and whatever else you need to get into competitive residencies? TIA!!

I don't think you should be worried, they're probably just dealing with a ton of applications/interviews right now and haven't gotten to yours yet! You can also call on Thursday afternoons to check on the status of your application :)
I know you can call on Thursdays to "check on the status of your application", but what exaclty can they tell you? I feel like when I call they need a specific reason for your call. Maybe not though

I got my file complete email on 9/24, and I just got my 'under active consideration' email and II today, so hopefully you'll hear back from them soon ;) I was worried about that too since I had to wait like a month but they're probably just dealing with alot of applications.
I received my "file complete" email 9/28 and have not received an "under active consideration email"- I'm IS strong ties to LSU and I hope a decent candidate, but should I be worried or send an email to follow up? Just always worried about falling through the cracks.

any current students feel strongly (or not) and wanna share their thoughts? i got into lsu nola and another school last week and feel very torn. looking for rave reviews at this school, hopefully specifically for giving students lots of opps for research and whatever else you need to get into competitive residencies? TIA!!

first off, congrats on your acceptances! Where else did you get in, if you mind sharing? I think that could help me tailor a better response including The pros and cons

Im a current first year student

first off, congrats on your acceptances! Where else did you get in, if you mind sharing? I think that could help me tailor a better response including The pros and cons

Im a current first year student

Thanks. It’s LSU vs Jefferson. LSU is the favorite as of right now because it’s my state school and way less money, but there’s a chance my brother moves to Philly and that would make my decision much more difficult, so looking for some pros cons.

Does anyone know if the committee meets every Friday? and if so, do they send out more II every Friday?

I just got a file complete/under active consideration email after submitting at the end of August. I'm OOS with no ties. Am I done for this school lol?

Submitted at the beginning of august, still not under active consideration. Anyone else still just "complete"?

I've been "under active consideration" for over a month now (since 9/23 I think). Anyone else had to wait this long to hear anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been "under active consideration" for over a month now (since 9/23 I think). Anyone else had to wait this long to hear anything?
I've been "under active consideration" since 8/31 and I haven't heard anything since then :confused:

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how often the admissions committee meets for this school?

Just received file complete email this morning :) How long has it taken to go from complete to under active consideration?
My file complete email came on 9/9 and my active consideration email came on 9/22. I haven’t heard anything else yet.

Is there a way to check our status? I had a bunch of issues logging into the secondary app and I'm still worried that my application might be messed up because of it. I haven't received a complete email yet, it's been over a month, but I did get email about receiving my app fee and my DL/SS.

Is there a way to check our status? I had a bunch of issues logging into the secondary app and I'm still worried that my application might be messed up because of it. I haven't received a complete email yet, it's been over a month, but I did get email about receiving my app fee and my DL/SS.
You can call the admissions office on Thursdays from 1-4! Are you positive you submitted your secondary (i.e., did you get a "We have received your Secondary Application" email)? Asking because you said you were having problems with the app. I got the complete e-mail a couple hours after submitting back in August (8/20). It could just be taking longer since there are a lot of applications being submitted right now.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they sent out letters to October interviewees yet?

I haven’t received a letter yet :(
Same! I wonder if they sent them out yet with Zeta and closures impacting everything. Fingers crossed we hear something this week! :nailbiting:

Accepted!

6 years ago when I graduated undergrad I thought the only way I'd get in was through the Caribbean. Today I finally proved my younger, less confident self wrong.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Letter came—NFA’d. It’s still early so I’m hoping for an acceptance down the line

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Accepted letter received today, interviewed early in October, IS

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
:nailbiting: no letter yet! come to think of it, I've been having a lot of issue with my USPS mail. I finally got an easter gift in august :(

Can anyone tell me the date the letter was postmarked? USPS is asking to try to track it down for me. Thank you!

II this morning! under active review on September 9 - IS, 507, 3.8, re-applicant

You early Sept invites are making me nervous. Under review 9/22, hoping to hear something soon!
I got NFA'd. Lovely. I honestly thought I was going to get it as a 3rd time reapp. There's still time and hope but I thought I worked hard enough to improve to get the nod this time off the bat.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I got NFA'd. Lovely. I honestly thought I was going to get it as a 3rd time reapp. There's still time and hope but I thought I worked hard enough to improve to get the nod this time off the bat.

Sorry to hear that, buddy. I'm a reapplicant too. Hope to be matriculating with you in the fall!

Hang in there bud! You got an early interview so they must have seen something they really liked about you! :)

Accepted! Y'all I'm gonna cry :soexcited:

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats!
How was the virtual interview process?
Honestly, it was the most relaxed interview I've ever had. The interviewers really do want to get to know you. Two will be faculty interviewers and one is a 4th year medical student. The interview was very conversational. I've had other more grilling interviews but LSU was the most relaxed and the interviewers were super friendly. The two most important questions that you should have a concrete answer for is 1)What does professionalism mean to you? 2)Be comfortable talking about your journey to medicine. I did virtual mock interviews with my fiance and a best friend and it helped with my nerves, but as soon as I had my first interview with LSU, I felt like all the nervousness went away. All three of my interviewers were incredibly nice. They didn't ask any odd ball questions or ethical dilemma or MMI type questions. Let me know if you have any other questions. :)

• Care
Honestly, it was the most relaxed interview I've ever had. The interviewers really do want to get to know you. Two will be faculty interviewers and one is a 4th year medical student. The interview was very conversational. I've had other more grilling interviews but LSU was the most relaxed and the interviewers were super friendly. The two most important questions that you should have a concrete answer for is 1)What does professionalism mean to you? 2)Be comfortable talking about your journey to medicine. I did virtual mock interviews with my fiance and a best friend and it helped with my nerves, but as soon as I had my first interview with LSU, I felt like all the nervousness went away. All three of my interviewers were incredibly nice. They didn't ask any odd ball questions or ethical dilemma or MMI type questions. Let me know if you have any other questions. :)
This was so comforting. I was a little nervous when I saw it was 3 interviews lol. Thank you!

This was so comforting. I was a little nervous when I saw it was 3 interviews lol. Thank you!

Don't worry, you will do great! You know what experiences you've had that brought you to this point in your life. Just practice articulating them and it will feel like a piece of cake! Also, don't freak out if the interviews are shorter than the allotted time, that doesn't mean it went poorly. One of my three interviews only lasted roughly 15 minutes. That interviewer only had 4 or so questions for me. The rest of the time we talked about my hobbies. :nod:

Accepted!

6 years ago when I graduated undergrad I thought the only way I'd get in was through the Caribbean. Today I finally proved my younger, less confident self wrong.

Congrats!! When did you interview?