2020-2021 LSU Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What is the class size supposed to be? 150? Also on the WL here
yea 150. Worth noting though that last year’s facebook group topped out at 170. So perhaps it’s also possible that some people chose a different school but never left the facebook group? Sincerely hoping something will happen tomorrow...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
yea 150. Worth noting though that last year’s facebook group topped out at 170. So perhaps it’s also possible that some people chose a different school but never left the facebook group? Sincerely hoping something will happen tomorrow...
Is it possible M1/M2s join the group to help answer questions?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
There are 128 students in the FB group (not counting the 2 admins) and I'm assuming a few accepted students are not on FB. Does this maybe mean we are relying on students to drop seats at this point? If so, maybe there isn't a bulk of acceptances going out anytime soon. Wish they would give us our ranking on the WL

Also, a student mentioned an emailed background check application before receiving an official letter. Something to look out for.
Yeah I mean I get your point but I also feel that using the Facebook group isn't really a good indicator (even though I still can't help but checking lol) I feel like the people that don't have facebook might be very few and some might be admins and older students / faculty as others said.

Also, I hope that they do send some acceptances in bulk because I feel that alot of us just got placed on the waitlist right after the interview and they do prob need to fill up that class soon. Anyways this is just me being hopeful and praying for all of us at this point :D

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah I mean I get your point but I also feel that using the Facebook group isn't really a good indicator (even though I still can't help but checking lol) I feel like the people that don't have facebook might be very few and some might be admins and older students / faculty as others said.

Also, I hope that they do send some acceptances in bulk because I feel that alot of us just got placed on the waitlist right after the interview and they do prob need to fill up that class soon. Anyways this is just me being hopeful and praying for all of us at this point :D
I feel as if I came off as a debbie downer with that post, my apologies :lol: I hope we all receive an acceptance and become classmates! I'm constantly checking SDN and the FB group member count and it's driving me crazy lol

Thank you! I’ll try to let you all know more updated info if I get any regarding current class size, etc.
If you don't mind checking, is the "Choose Your Medical School (CYMS) tool" now available on your AMCAS portal?

I just checked and mine still shows nada. I hope I get an acceptance letter too. That's really exciting! There still lies a glimmer of hope. But that's what I'm calling it at this point, a glimmer.
If you don't mind checking, is the "Choose Your Medical School (CYMS) tool" now available on your AMCAS portal?

It is not, I assume that maybe I have to respond to the letter by email in the way they asked first before any official digital things are sent out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully a few letters are received tomorrow. Mine isn't showing anything either.

Another day of hoping for a letter like I'm Steve from Blue's Clues. Where my clown gang at? 🤡🤡🤡

• Haha
I was hoping that the person who received their letter last week was just getting it early because they lived in Shreveport, but I feel like if others were sent out on the same day, we would've gotten something by now. I hope that wasn't a random rogue letter.

Another 10 people added to the Facebook today....

I called and they said that they had their last committee meeting and the waitlist is currently ranked and they are pulling from there. She told me don’t bother sending updates at this point :( Hugs all around

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I called and they said that they had their last committee meeting and the waitlist is currently ranked and they are pulling from there. She told me don’t bother sending updates at this point :( Hugs all around
Ouch. Thanks for the update.

Sending good vibes to y'all. It's out of our hands now.

• Care
If I were to reapply and want advice, who should I talk to?

It's a real bummer, but I think the rest of us need to prepare for that possibility. If you're one of the lucky ones who get a call in June, then congrats. But, at this point, one can't hope for that.

It's a real bummer, but I think the rest of us need to prepare for that possibility. If you're one of the lucky ones who get a call in June, then congrats. But, at this point, one can't hope for that.
I'd contact Mrs. Sonya first, seeing as she's been the primary contact for admissions this cycle. At the very least she should be able to point you in the right direction.

I know that we've been looking at social media numbers to gauge class size and project movement, but she might be able to tell you how many people have CTE if you ask. If 80%+ have CTE it would help us decide whether or not we should give up and prepare for the reapp.

The 2019-2020 cycle thread had a few people come off in June, so I'm holding out hope. I really don't want to start my gap year job...

Last edited:
I'd contact Mrs. Sonya first, seeing as she's been the primary contact for admissions this cycle. At the very least she should be able to point you in the right direction.

I know that we've been looking at social media numbers to gauge class size and project movement, but she might be able to tell you how many people have CTE if you ask. If 80%+ have CTE it would help us decide whether or not we should give up and prepare for the reapp.

The 2019-2020 cycle thread had a few people come off in June, so I'm holding out hope. I really don't want to start my gap year job...
Same lmao I look at these jobs, volunteering, and MCAT prep and think dang were back at again

Sorry to quote/reply to this again, but I wanted to let you know that I spoke with Mrs. Sonya (so friendly!) earlier today, and she gave me some great advice on how to strengthen my application for the next cycle(s). We did not speak about the waitlist or how admissions for this cycle were going. I'd highly recommend reaching out to her to see if she can identify your weaker areas.

Hell, I'd suggest all of you still stuck in purgatory with me to give her a call. This might not be our year, but I hope to call each of you classmate in 2022. Keep your head up, keep grinding 😎

Sorry to quote/reply to this again, but I wanted to let you know that I spoke with Mrs. Sonya (so friendly!) earlier today, and she gave me some great advice on how to strengthen my application for the next cycle(s). We did not speak about the waitlist or how admissions for this cycle were going. I'd highly recommend reaching out to her to see if she can identify your weaker areas.

Hell, I'd suggest all of you still stuck in purgatory with me to give her a call. This might not be our year, but I hope to call each of you classmate in 2022. Keep your head up, keep grinding 😎
Definitely will do that so I can work on it these upcoming months. Did you ask her about any admission information (waitlist or CTE) and she shut you down or just didn't ask?

Definitely will do that so I can work on it these upcoming months. Did you ask her about any admission information (waitlist or CTE) and she shut you down or just didn't ask?
I didn't ask about admissions info for the current cycle. I had planned on asking before I made the call, but there didn't seem to be an appropriate time to bring it up during our conversation.

I didn't ask about admissions info for the current cycle. I had planned on asking before I made the call, but there didn't seem to be an appropriate time to bring it up during our conversation.
Totally understandable. Thank you

Called and was told they don't expect a lot of movement to happen in June/July :(

• Sad
Called and was told they don't expect a lot of movement to happen in June/July :(
:( well damn, but I kind of figured that. Last year with covid it was probably messed up with the Facebook group having 176, but for the class of 2023 the Facebook group had 146. At least we can move on now

:( well damn, but I kind of figured that. Last year with covid it was probably messed up with the Facebook group having 176, but for the class of 2023 the Facebook group had 146. At least we can move on now
Reapplication gang! See y'all in the 2021-2022 thread 🤡

I'll be submitting my application sometime this weekend/early next week. I'm hoping that a stronger PS and more clinical experience is enough to land another interview. I've already applied for a postbacc to get my sGPA up, but that won't show up until the 2022-2023 cycle unless I'm placed on a waitlist and allowed updates. I'm not taking that damn MCAT again, so I've got two cycles to make it happen..

Reapplication gang! See y'all in the 2021-2022 thread 🤡

I'll be submitting my application sometime this weekend/early next week. I'm hoping that a stronger PS and more clinical experience is enough to land another interview. I've already applied for a postbacc to get my sGPA up, but that won't show up until the 2022-2023 cycle unless I'm placed on a waitlist and allowed updates. I'm not taking that damn MCAT again, so I've got two cycles to make it happen..
Did she say you have weak ECs? I called but didn't get a call back. I did call at 3:45 so it was a little late. Anyway I definitely need that MCAT score. See you in the next forum!

Yall see this?
Jesus Christ I did not expect this. They deserve whatever is coming to them including the chancellor. They judge our character as not good enough during interviews but maybe they should look inside their own group.

Accepted just now by phone call!
The fb group lost a few people yesterday so I’m assuming that’s why I got the call soo there is still hope y’all!!

Accepted just now by phone call!
The fb group lost a few people yesterday so I’m assuming that’s why I got the call soo there is still hope y’all!!
Congratulations!
Hate to be that guy, but stats? Trying to gauge where I'm at rn. I'm sad and losing hope.

I talked to Mrs. French a couple days ago and she told me this year was very competitive. She was saying on the low end last year they were interviewing =<500 Mcats at the low end but this year she said in March they were interviewing 503-504.

I talked to Mrs. French a couple days ago and she told me this year was very competitive. She was saying on the low end last year they were interviewing =<500 Mcats at the low end but this year she said in March they were interviewing 503-504.
Yea 503 here (cars sucks). In the previous years, the mcat average has been lower. Seeing the numbers go up is very depressing. NOLA's numbers have went up a little too.
Looking on MSAR for Shreveport they have a 501 at the 10th percentile, and 503 for 25th. Giving me a little hope, but I know chances are unfortunately, low.