2020-2021 LSU Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How many students are there in the group now? Are they still doing anymore interviews? I still haven’t heard back and I’m IS and complete 9/29
I believe its 121 and I think they have one more II next Tuesday!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
That means they need like 31 more students to fulfil the 150
Well not everyone in the fb group is committed- I'm sure most students also applied to NOLA and if they are on WL and come off of that- there would be more seats.

is that the very last II invitation they will have for this cycle? I still haven’t received an email so I’m just waiting for my R
I believe the last II is Tuesday altho I am pretty sure those invites went out already- someone correct me if I am wrong :(

F... so it really is over
I believe so but I'm sure you can reapply and get some love... this cycle is definitely out of wack and a weird one.. everything that used to be normal didn't happen this cycle as in timelines so don't beat yourself up! Try again!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys for those who have been accepted here- if you guys have the groupme link could you PM it to me or could someone let us know how many members are in the Groupme thanks!

Finally got rejected....

Thank you for your interest in LSU Health Shreveport. We have completed our interviews for this cycle, and your application was not selected.

If you have been accepted to medical school elsewhere, congratulations are surely in order. Should you decide to re-apply at LSU Health Shreveport, and you are actively working to improve your credentials, your application will be considered without prejudice at that time. If you are interested, please review the information available on our website at www.admissions.lsuhsc.edu, paying particular attention to the sections, “For Re‑applicants” and “FAQs.”

Please accept our sincere wishes for your best success in this and all future endeavors.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hear, acethemcat95. Don't give up if it's what you really want to do! It took me 4 tries but I finally got an MCAT score I was happy with. I haven't gotten accepted yet but I hope my perseverance pays off and I hope the same for you. The only one who tells you you can't be a doctor is yourself.

With that said, I hate waiting so long. When can we expect to hear anything from this school? I believe Nola meets tomorrow and phone calls go out there Friday. What about here? If there are people acceptances here who get calls from Nola, many may give up their seats here which might allow it to open up.

• Care
Sorry to hear, acethemcat95. Don't give up if it's what you really want to do! It took me 4 tries but I finally got an MCAT score I was happy with. I haven't gotten accepted yet but I hope my perseverance pays off and I hope the same for you. The only one who tells you you can't be a doctor is yourself.

With that said, I hate waiting so long. When can we expect to hear anything from this school? I believe Nola meets tomorrow and phone calls go out there Friday. What about here? If there are people acceptances here who get calls from Nola, many may give up their seats here which might allow it to open up.
Anxiously waiting as well. I believe tomorrow is the first meeting since the 4/30 deadline. If they are mailing letters, we can expect to hear back next week.

Reactions: 2 users
Anxiously waiting as well. I believe tomorrow is the first meeting since the 4/30 deadline. If they are mailing letters, we can expect to hear back next week.

the letter says they’ll inform us “immediately” if we get accepted so I’m hoping it’ll be a phone call

A friend of mine that lives in Shreveport got their acceptance letter today! It was mailed yesterday. Good luck everyone!

A friend of mine that lives in Shreveport got their acceptance letter today! It was mailed yesterday. Good luck everyone!
Was your friend accepted immediately after interview or was it a waitlist and then acceptance?

Was your friend accepted immediately after interview or was it a waitlist and then acceptance?
He got an interview in March & was waitlisted. He originally was an EDP applicant, so I’m assuming that’s why he was pretty high on the waitlist!

He got an interview in March & was waitlisted. He originally was an EDP applicant, so I’m assuming that’s why he was pretty high on the waitlist!
Thank you and congrats to you both! I really don't like how they operate by snail mail :(

Congrats. DId you receive a letter in the mail? and when were you placed on the WL?
Appreciate it, letter in mail and WL April 15 interview April 13

Reactions: 1 users
Does anybody know if they do background checks for people who are both accepted and waitlisted? Because I just received an e-mail about a background check being needed for LSU-Shreveport Medical School, but I haven’t received a letter in the mail yet.

Does anybody know if they do background checks for people who are both accepted and waitlisted? Because I just received an e-mail about a background check being needed for LSU-Shreveport Medical School, but I haven’t received a letter in the mail yet.
Check the AMCAS choose your school tool

For those just accepted did it show up immediately after receiving the letter or before receiving the letter?

Accepted OOS. I went to undergrad in Shreveport the last four years and work in a research laboratory at the medical school. So, I have strong ties to the area.

I don't know anything about the GroupMe, but the FB group lost 8 members the past week (122 --> 114).
FB group is at 112 now. Does the size of this group have any bearing on who is planning to enroll? Shouldn't the number be closer to 150?

FB group is at 112 now. Does the size of this group have any bearing on who is planning to enroll? Shouldn't the number be closer to 150?
I'm sure there are several students who don't use FB + a lot of WL movement will be happening this month. For example, those who receive an A at LSU-NOLA (or any other MD school that better suits them) will drop their A/WL at LSU-S.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone living in NOLA get a letter? Last time it took them a week to get here but just wondering if something changed

Nothing on my end.

For anyone who's sent in update letters via email, has adcom replied confirming receipt? They replied to information I sent back in December, but it's been radio silence on more recent updates.

Nothing on my end.

For anyone who's sent in update letters via email, has adcom replied confirming receipt? They replied to information I sent back in December, but it's been radio silence on more recent updates.
I didn’t get an email response but I called after and she said it was all received and on file. Also nothing

if its anything like last year a bulk of letters will be sent out tomorrow and received this coming monday...

if its anything like last year a bulk of letters will be sent out tomorrow and received this coming monday...
idk if this is a location thing, but my waitlist letter went out on a Friday and took a week to get to me. Monday seems kinda quick yeah?

idk if this is a location thing, but my waitlist letter went out on a Friday and took a week to get to me. Monday seems kinda quick yeah?
im basing this prediction off the forum for last year’s application cycle. I agree it’s kind of weird but everyone who got accepted in that bulk mailing announced that they got it on May 18.

Ok correct me if I'm wrong but we are waiting for a mass bulk acceptance wave to go out to some peeps on the WL correct? And we are suspecting it to go out Monday since that was last years time right? My anxiety is killing me lol!

does the committee for this school meet anymore? Or has the waitlist already been finalized?