2020-2021 Medical College of Georgia at Augusta

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thoughts on letters of intent?? is it too early/ is MCG receptive to them
Where would you send a letter of intent? Thru the application portal or directly email them?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have any accepted students received an email about the background check?
I was accepted RD 10/16, uploaded my acceptance statement+technical standards and haven't heard anything from them since. I did not receive a background check. I wonder if they do it only after you've committed.

Reactions: 1 user
I was accepted RD 10/16, uploaded my acceptance statement+technical standards and haven't heard anything from them since. I did not receive a background check. I wonder if they do it only after you've committed.
I think the background check stuff only comes out after January 1st and then you have a certain amount of time to complete it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how we can obtain student ID no?

Does anyone know how we can obtain student ID no?
Current M3; when I was first accepted we didn’t get our student IDs until our tech orientation, which was about a week before classes, assuming they’re still doing it that way. We got IDs and sized for white coats at the same time.

Current M3; when I was first accepted we didn’t get our student IDs until our tech orientation, which was about a week before classes, assuming they’re still doing it that way. We got IDs and sized for white coats at the same time.
ah, seems like we need it for immunization record though...?

ah, seems like we need it for immunization record though...?
I am an M2 and we got our student ID #, email, and account login info in April. You'll get your physical ID card that gives you access to campus buildings at orientation!

I am an M2 and we got our student ID #, email, and account login info in April. You'll get your physical ID card that gives you access to campus buildings at orientation!
great! thank you

Morning guys! Got the A at 7:54 today. Best of luck everyone :)

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! I received nothing, so I guess that's an R. Looks like all emails have gone out just before 8 AM to those accepted, based on past months.

Congrats! I received nothing, so I guess that's an R. Looks like all emails have gone out just before 8 AM to those accepted, based on past months.
I don't think that necessarily means an R, a ton of people who heard nothing at first received As in February last year.

Accepted this morning as well. 3.4 GPA, 517 MCAT. Interviewed 10/29. If you haven't heard back yet, don't give up hope! Many people heard back before I did after my interview date.

Should I be worried I haven’t heard anything yet: 3.82 GPA 514 MCAT and interviewed on September 29th?

Should I be worried I haven’t heard anything yet: 3.82 GPA 514 MCAT and interviewed on September 29th?
my friends interviewed last year in september with 3.9/4.0 gpas and 520s and heard back in March. if it took that long for MCG to get back to them, I wouldn't be too worried right now. hang in there, you got this!

Accepted students, did you all get a confirmation or anything after you uploaded the acceptance and technical standards documents? And is there anything else we need to do to confirm the seat?

How does one update their extracurricular/ activity section? And is it even worth doing if I already interviewed?

How does one update their extracurricular/ activity section? And is it even worth doing if I already interviewed?
I don’t think you can update that actual section in the portal. This usually goes in an update letter/letter of interest. Although I think MCG said they will only accept thank you notes and grade reports now since it’s after December 1st.
From what I’ve been told, I don’t think a new activity, especially a new one, would make or break your application

I don’t think you can update that actual section in the portal. This usually goes in an update letter/letter of interest. Although I think MCG said they will only accept thank you notes and grade reports now since it’s after December 1st.
From what I’ve been told, I don’t think a new activity, especially a new one, would make or break your application
What about updating with grad school grades post-II?

Accepted students, did you all get a confirmation or anything after you uploaded the acceptance and technical standards documents? And is there anything else we need to do to confirm the seat?
I have not. I don’t believe we do, until the CTE deadline.

does MCG have a dress code for class
Well Yes, But Actually No | Know Your Meme

Late to the party here, but I am an M1 happy to answer any questions people may have!

M1 at the Athens campus! happy to answer any questions. Will try to remember and check this as often as I can. Feel free to DM me as well.

Augusta does, but Athens doesn’t. Something along the lines of no leggings and no toes (flip flops) from what I remember
Yeah, basically no athletic wear. You can wear jeans, pants, shorts/skirt of appropriate length. For tops, you can wear tshirts, but no tank tops. It's kind of flexible as long as you're not noticeable lol. I could get away with wearing joggers or yoga pants if they looked nice.

Yeah, basically no athletic wear. You can wear jeans, pants, shorts/skirt of appropriate length. For tops, you can wear tshirts, but no tank tops. It's kind of flexible as long as you're not noticeable lol. I could get away with wearing joggers or yoga pants if they looked nice.
Is this just for lab settings or all class settings?