2020-2021 Michigan State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pulling for everyone here that's waiting for good news. Let's manifest this guys!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Is the FB group only admitted students? Or are there current medical students on there too? Trying to realistically gauge my chances.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
OFF THE WAITLIST. Just got the call from Dr. Mauer. I was waitlisted in December. Interviewed 11/11. IS!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
OFF THE WAITLIST. Just got the call from Dr. Mauer. I was waitlisted in January. Interviewed 11/11.

Congrats! Did you get the call today?

Also as a fellow T3 WL at MSUCOM, I hope I get the same news as you ❤️

OFF THE WAITLIST. Just got the call from Dr. Mauer. I was waitlisted in January. Interviewed 11/11.
Congrats! Hoping some more of us here get off the WL too. Manifest for all of us!

Reactions: 4 users
Dude I just F/UCKING GOT OFF THE WAITLIST. OOS. Thank you all for posting that you all got off the waitlist too bc otherwise I’d think I was f/ucking dreaming. I took Dr. Mauer’s ear out screaming I am so so sorry.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users
Man, I really am just going to keep anxiously looking at my phone for the rest of the night/week/month, huh? 😭

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Man, I really am just going to keep anxiously looking at my phone for the rest of the night/week/month, huh? 😭
I had to tell my family that if they needed something to text me before they call. I almost fell out of my chair this morning when my sister called me asking what time I was coming home for dinner.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Dude I just F/UCKING GOT OFF THE WAITLIST. OOS. Thank you all for posting that you all got off the waitlist too bc otherwise I’d think I was f/ucking dreaming. I took Dr. Mauer’s ear out screaming I am so so sorry.
Congrats!! When were you waitlisted?

OK, I've been doing my best at staying positive, but I need to just come out with it and maybe get some opinions. Is this basically over? A week or so ago at least 7 people self reported getting off the WL and today there were only 2. I have this feeling that if there were more seats they would have called more of us. Like myself, I think a lot of those who just got off the waitlist only had this school to depend on. I'm not sure if I should forget about this and just stop checking sdn again, or to stay hopeful and neurotically watch my phone.

• Care
OK, I've been doing my best at staying positive, but I need to just come out with it and maybe get some opinions. Is this basically over? A week or so ago at least 7 people self reported getting off the WL and today there were only 2. I have this feeling that if there were more seats they would have called more of us. Like myself, I think a lot of those who just got off the waitlist only had this school to depend on. I'm not sure if I should forget about this and just stop checking sdn again, or to stay hopeful and neurotically watch my phone.

Doing the math of people getting off the alternate list + people withdrawing their offers, I feel like there’s at least two spots left to fill. And don’t forget SDN is just a sample of who we know withdrew their offer.

In past years, mid-May was a point where a decent amount of WL folk got rejected, so here’s to hoping that point passes and none of us hear bad news, or even better, we hear good news.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay I wouldn’t think too much about sdn posts! Only a handful of students come on here to post their decisions.
I think apps are still being considered and April 30 just happened on Friday! Give it some time :)

Okay I wouldn’t think too much about sdn posts! Only a handful of students come on here to post their decisions.
I think apps are still being considered and April 30 just happened on Friday! Give it some time :)

Not to mention that this year there’s more admission offer holdovers than years before. All up to hope at this point.

I think whatever you decide you have to be at peace with it. Whether it’s waiting or moving on. This is coming from someone waitlisted at MSU in 2018. They denied me from the waitlist at the end of July (two weeks before classes started), but because I told myself I would wait and not reapply I was ok when I actually got the rejection.

Just dropping in a lil update in case it helps anyone, but I just got off the GR waitlist (saw it on my portal this morning, no call about it yet) and my friend got off the admission waitlist (got the call from Dr. Maurer last night)!! Lots of movement happening at MSUCHM these days so keep your fingers crossed :)

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Just wondering, to those of you who uploaded Letters of Intent, did you just put it in the Document Upload section? Or did you send it to them directly?

Just wondering, to those of you who uploaded Letters of Intent, did you just put it in the Document Upload section? Or did you send it to them directly?
document upload

WE GOT THIS GUYS let’s keep our heads up and hope to get some calls today, best of luck to all!

• Love
Just dropping in a lil update in case it helps anyone, but I just got off the GR waitlist (saw it on my portal this morning, no call about it yet) and my friend got off the admission waitlist (got the call from Dr. Maurer last night)!! Lots of movement happening at MSUCHM these days so keep your fingers crossed :)
+1 off of GR waitlist 🥳

I know I'm a negative Nancy but I'm still manifesting for all those on the WL.

Oh man I'm having difficulty filling out all my addresses the past 25 years...anyone have the same difficulty? How accurate does this need to be for the background check?

Oh man I'm having difficulty filling out all my addresses the past 25 years...anyone have the same difficulty? How accurate does this need to be for the background check?
To the best of your knowledge. It’s okay to estimate

I got into the pre-matriculation program at another school. it starts mid-June with classes starting early august.
I should remove myself from the waitlist here but I’m holding on to this little glimmer of hope that dr. Mauer will call and my inability to move on is stressing me out.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I got into the pre-matriculation program at another school. it starts mid-June with classes starting early august.
I should remove myself from the waitlist here but I’m holding on to this little glimmer of hope that dr. Mauer will call and my inability to move on is stressing me out
Man this is a tough position to be in! I totally agree that this is stressful
Hope you hear good news soon!

I suggest starting the pre mat program and if you get into CHM, then drop it and make your way over to EL/GR!
even if you lose some money, I think it’s worth the risk? Depends on your situation of course
Good luck 🍀👍

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
I should remove myself from the waitlist here but I’m holding on to this little glimmer of hope that dr. Mauer will call and my inability to move on is stressing me out.
Can you hang on until June, at least? I'm assuming you have to CTE at that school prior to the pre-matriculation program? This is really tough, and I'm sorry you're in that position!

This may be a dumb question, but when do classes start?! When is the white coat ceremony. I have found none of this info online lol.

Can you hang on until June, at least? I'm assuming you have to CTE at that school prior to the pre-matriculation program? This is really tough, and I'm sorry you're in that position!
As of now I’m going to move forward with the program in case msuchm rejects me from the waitlist, but it’s costly.

• Care
This may be a dumb question, but when do classes start?! When is the white coat ceremony. I have found none of this info online lol.
I believe that orientation begins on August 9th, and classes begin the 16th. Not sure about the ceremony!

According to MSAR classes will start on August 9th, however, that could just be orientation. Also, last year the white coat ceremony was posted online 2 weeks after classes began, so I’m guessing it’ll follow the same trend this year.

I was wondering this too so I emailed them they said classes are scheduled to begin on august 23rd but orientation doesn't have an exact start date yet. they said usually, it is two weeks before so they said plan on orientation being the week of August 9th.

I was wondering this too so I emailed them they said classes are scheduled to begin on august 23rd but orientation doesn't have an exact start date yet. they said usually, it is two weeks before so they said plan on orientation being the week of August 9th.
I'm really hoping classes are (safely) in-person.

• Love
In one of their virtual "spring information session for accepted applicants" they shared that the white coat ceremony is tentatively on 8/22, with the first day of classes being on 8/23. I had no clue that orientation week was a thing, let alone something that would start two weeks prior to the white coat ceremony :oops: that changes my august plans a bit lol

In one of their virtual "spring information session for accepted applicants" they shared that the white coat ceremony is tentatively on 8/22, with the first day of classes being on 8/23. I had no clue that orientation week was a thing, let alone something that would start two weeks prior to the white coat ceremony :oops: that changes my august plans a bit lol
I agree, I kinda wish the white coat ceremony would be earlier

I agree, I kinda wish the white coat ceremony would be earlier
I think having orientation and meeting everyone before the white coat ceremony is cool!
we get to interact and become more than just acquaintances! Pictures with other students wouldn’t be tooo weird lol

• Love
Has anyone heard back from admins as to what percentage of our required class hours will be in person vs virtual? Trying to gauge how important location to campus will be w/ covid!

Has anyone heard back from admins as to what percentage of our required class hours will be in person vs virtual? Trying to gauge how important location to campus will be w/ covid!
I’ve heard that the administration is pushing for fully in person classes
Majority of people I have asked said it’s about 25-30 hours a week of in person activities
I plan on living close (walking distance from GR campus) the first year Then moving if I hate being that close

lol yeah, I am a bit annoyed cause a lot of apartments move-in dates are the 23rd and they are not willing to budge on that. so if we have to be on campus starting on the 9th it is gonna suck

lol yeah, I am a bit annoyed cause a lot of apartments move-in dates are the 23rd and they are not willing to budge on that. so if we have to be on campus starting on the 9th it is gonna suck
Yeah :/

that was the issue with some apartments I liked in GR!

im signing lease one month early just to secure the apartment I want :/

im signing lease one month early just to secure the apartment I want :/
Same here. For anyone unfamiliar with the GR area, the occupancy is notoriously high, so finding an apartment can be really difficult. It's worth starting to look earlier than you might have to elsewhere; also for those on the GR waitlist, it's probably a good idea to have some apartment options on standby just in case.

Manifesting and praying for waitlist movement this week. Let's hope some of us become Spartans this week.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone think the white coat ceremony will be in-person? I am really hoping for that. MSU is currently holding graduation ceremonies in-person with 500 people in attendance. I am hoping we aren't robbed of an opportunity to experience a semi normal start to med school!