2020-2021 Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
~manifest~monday~manifest~monday~manifest~monday~

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 14 users
1603065424265.png

mood

• Haha
Reactions: 23 users
Members don't see this ad :)
At what point do I kind of give up on this dream school?

Reactions: 1 users
At what point do I kind of give up on this dream school?
I've given up :( I still check every Monday just in case, but I was complete 7/10 so pretty sure they've passed over me.

I have two degrees from this school and haven't heard anything. When should I get on the phone and leverage my alumni connections to get an interview?

/s

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I have two degrees from this school and haven't heard anything. When should I get on the phone and leverage my alumni connections to get an interview?

/s
They believe in diversity and guess you already have your enough share from them.:)

• Haha
Does anyone know if they are receptive to update letters (with some heavy interest sprinkled in lol)?

Members don't see this ad :)
At least they got it out of the way early today

Reactions: 3 users
Still holding out hope for more IS-focused interview dates later on in the cycle, today's makes it so that at maximum only six IS applicants got an interview.

I know this reasoning doesn't hold as much sense this year....but let me dream.

WHO IS READY FOR MICHIGAN MONDAY?!?!? Only one week to go. I am just so excited!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 16 users
Honestly, every Monday has been a blow to my self-esteem since the cycle started, and I spend the rest of the week to get over it only to feel down again the next week. :(
Even though I think I'm doing fine as an applicant, Mondays just bring out my deepest insecurities and the feeling that I am not enough.

• Care
Does this imply they are already scheduling into 2021?

The numbers of interviews scheduled on the admissions website is well below what they usually do each year. In that case, will the interview season be extended? Is it possible they'll interview less people this year?
Their last interview day is Feb 5; I'm not sure if that is extended past their usual season. It looks like they are only doing Friday interviews so they may be distributing less per each Michigan Monday for a longer period of time. I think they will interview around the same amount but there are way more applicants this year so just more rejections

Reactions: 1 user
would it be wise to email admission and ask them for an update in regards to my app?

II here earlier today!! LM78-80, sept. complete, no ties

got the II yesterday, scheduling was available up until early Dec--no options for 2021 yet

Really glad to hear this, and about @YoungBuck1414's A too. Honestly, this is the moment we all waited for as applicants and a key one that makes you realize the dream is finally becoming a reality. For everyone who has been accepted to Michigan, cherish the joy and validation you feel right now. There will be times ahead where you might doubt yourselves as much as or more than you doubted yourselves just a few weeks and months ago. It is so important to not let the uncertainties keep you down, because there will always be more around the corner. You do have what it takes, and you've proven that. Now take the well deserved W and feel proud of yourselves and how far you've come.

For those still waiting, med school admissions is unfortunately way more complicated than it would be in an ideal world. Just by virtue of supply and demand, schools hold essentially all the power and that sucks at times. There's a lot of factors that go into who gets interviews and when, and who doesn't. BUT... that's no reason to hang your entire sense of self-worth on the results of a single application, or app cycle. I won't say that Michigan necessarily gets things perfect, but they do genuinely try to give each app the respect it deserves. Maybe you'll get an A here and maybe you won't, but this school (or any other) is just a bumper sticker on your journey. Your car will be going places regardless, as long as you recognize your worth and do your utmost to put in the work needed to make that clear to an Adcom somewhere. And none of this is to say that the cycle is by any means over. There's a lot of interview dates left and lots of apps still left to be reviewed. Per the wisdom often shared on this forum, you are rejected until you get an A, so keep hustling. Good luck!
I really needed to hear that today. "your car will be going places regardless" too true. thanks for the reminder

do they usually send out emails on Mondays? or do you have to check your portal?

Did anyone find out if they accept update letters?
Did anyone find out if they accept update letters?
Go to portal --> view checklist --> scroll down. And they have the option for additional uploads. Whether they're super receptive/think they're valuable or just have the option, can't say, but you do have the option

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Go to portal --> view checklist --> scroll down. And they have the option for additional uploads. Whether they're super receptive/think they're valuable or just have the option, can't say, but you do have the option
Wait, i don't see "View Checklist" on my portal????

Mine has been like this since I submitted too! When I emailed them they just told me to log in using the link provided on the website.

I used safari and chrome though and still no “View Checklist” button!

I’m just waiting for my CASPer to be sent before I send another email asking...at least I’m not the only one lol

Wait, i don't see "View Checklist" on my portal????

Last edited:
Is it time to start anticipating Michigan Monday? XD

I think I’ve had more of an emotional roller coaster with Michigan Mondays than I’ve had with any of my exes

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 14 users
Michigan Monday’s are so exhausting I don’t even care anymore

Reactions: 6 users
It’s disappointing that I let them ruin my mood so early in the week. I’m having a successful cycle but I got too attached to the idea of Michigan.

II just now!!! It's my first one of the cycle and I can't stop shaking omg. Complete 7/22, LM 71. All of your guys' times are coming!!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 36 users
II just now!!! It's my first one of the cycle and I can't stop shaking omg. Complete 7/22, LM 71. All of your guys' times are coming!!!!

I’ve given up on this school specifically but this gives me hope that one can be competitive for top schools without having received a ton of early IIs.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users