2020-2021 Midwestern University (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wait, did I misread that. They don't read the secondary prior to the interview??

They read the secondaries before the interview. But they only have your CV in front of them during the interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
They read the secondaries before the interview. But they only have your CV in front of them during the interview.
Ok makes sense, thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the earliest that II's are sent out?
Based on last year the earliest was 7/31. I wouldn't be surprised if they started getting sent out this week or next week.

There’s been some movement with the AZCOM campus, hopefully CCOM will send updates out soon

Reactions: 3 users
WL for interview received.

Reactions: 5 users
Was this on your portal or email? What does WL for interview mean?
It probably is the same as for AZCOM, it means that you're not getting an interview yet but there is a potential for you to in the future

Was this on your portal or email? What does WL for interview mean?

Considering reports of Rs at this school, I'm considering the WL for interview a win. Obviously, not ideal, but it is better than the alternative.

Reactions: 2 users
Considering reports of Rs at this school, I'm considering the WL for interview a win. Obviously, not ideal, but it is better than the alternative.
How do you know people got R's? And yes, I definitely agree with your logic. Its so early, there is such a good chance of still getting an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ugh this is my number one school so hearing that there is finally some movement is hopeful and I’ll be checking my portal all day long.

Wonder if they are going to do the same thing AZCOM did where they sent out a bunch of R’s and interview waitlists in a 2 day spam.

Ugh this is my number one school so hearing that there is finally some movement is hopeful and I’ll be checking my portal all day long.

Wonder if they are going to do the same thing AZCOM did where they sent out a bunch of R’s and interview waitlists in a 2 day spam.
Where do you guys see your status on the portal? I just see they have everything they need and there is no interview planned.

Where do you guys see your status on the portal? I just see they have everything they need and there is no interview planned.

I don’t have anything changed as I have no status updates. Maybe the person who posted that they were interview waitlisted has a change?

I don’t have anything changed as I have no status updates. Maybe the person who posted that they were interview waitlisted has a change?
Honestly I am dreading checking my email today, haha, my stats are below CCOM average so pretty nervous. Even though absolutely would LOVE to go to CCOM.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Will they be giving out interviews if MCAT score isn't in yet? On the AACOMAs website they stated that schools will be doing so, but wasn't sure if every school would participate in this?

Is CCOM more service or research-oriented? I am more service-oriented rather than research.

Is CCOM more service or research-oriented? I am more service-oriented rather than research.
They had a virtual info session that I went to and they made it clear that they are more clinical based than they are researched. Research is not required in the curriculum but they have research opportunities available for students who are interested. The best part is they can pay you! Students can find research opportunities on campus and get compensated for their work by work-study.

Reactions: 2 users
They had a virtual info session that I went to and they made it clear that they are more clinical based than they are researched. Research is not required in the curriculum but they have research opportunities available for students who are interested. The best part is they can pay you! Students can find research opportunities on campus and get compensated for their work by work-study.
That's Awesome! Thank you so much!

When are interview invites being sent from CCOM? One of my top choices and I would love to go here.

When are interview invites being sent from CCOM? One of my top choices and I would love to go here.

No one is quite sure. I think some of us expected to hear news today due to the movement from other midwestern locations. In either case, I would expect some invites to be sent out soon!

No one is quite sure. I think some of us expected to hear news today due to the movement from other midwestern locations. In either case, I would expect some invites to be sent out soon!
The wait sucks! I have almost identical stats to you so maybe we'll both hear back soon :)

Did anyone apply to both? And if you did, did you use the same answers for your secondaries?

Did anyone apply to both? And if you did, did you use the same answers for your secondaries?
I applied to both and my essays were almost the same...I changed few things up to make it specific about each campus

does anyone know if this school has virtual info sessions?

People have used the same essays in years past (with some specific details changed - e.g. don't write Arizona for CCOM) and gotten interviews at both places. Admissions is completely separate apparently.

Also, where can I learn more about this school?

What do you want to know?
- 2020 grad
Was the juice worth the squeeze? If so, what makes it worth it? I went to an info session and I think it's a really great school but would you say the graduate outcome is worth the additional 10k/year and much better than graduate outcomes of other schools? Thanks

Was the juice worth the squeeze? If so, what makes it worth it? I went to an info session and I think it's a really great school but would you say the graduate outcome is worth the additional 10k/year and much better than graduate outcomes of other schools? Thanks
Personally it was for me. I’m from the area so I wasn’t near the maximum in loans. Residency placement really depends on the individual student.