2020-2021 Northwestern (Feinberg)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
First-time poster, but I just received a call from the MSTP director on my acceptance! I have no idea about MD admissions, but MD-PhD decisions from the November interviews should go out today! I am beyond excited! Happy to answer any more questions!!
Congratulations!!! When was your interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Also a newbie, but just got an MSTP call as well! This is so surreal, can't believe it. Congrats @catorose! And I'm rooting hard for everyone here :)

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
NIce congrats yall. Unfortunately, no email here, guess I'm taking the DD.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted while broke down on the highway in a storm. Crying from happiness
Edit: Interviewed 10/13

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 16 users
Do they send out deferral emails? Just sitting here hitting refresh 😬

• Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got an A! I didn't even check my email, assumed it wouldn't be me!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Accepted!!!! Wow I'm so excited! Also got the email at 6:00pm CT.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
so if we didn’t receive an A today are we deferred to feb? what’s the timeline moving forward look like?

Reactions: 1 users
so if we didn’t receive an A today are we deferred to feb? what’s the timeline moving forward look like?
"Late February or early March," according to their website. Sigh. Back to the waiting game, I suppose.

ACCEPTED! Got the e-mail at 6PM CT. Beyond excited! Interviewed in mid-Sept. Congrats to everyone so far, and good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back. Was definitely not expecting to hear anything in Nov, but I'll take it and try to let it soak in.

Reactions: 8 users
I had a November date and they told me to expect news in January or February. I'm also curious though, did anyone who interviewed in November hear back today?

I had oct interview and didn't hear back today. But don't worry, I'm pretty sure only few acceptances were given out today, they said a majority will hear back later in the cycle once they get to see more of the applicant pool! Still a 55%ish post-II acceptance rate

Reactions: 1 user
I'm just wondering though, will they not send anything telling us that we have to wait until March?

I'm just wondering though, will they not send anything telling us that we have to wait until March?
I think some in January then March. On the portal it says that they give out A during three points, November, January and March. But they also say that it depends on when your interview was.

First time post-er here! Also received my A via email at 6pm CT! I'm beyond shocked- this is my dream school!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Just received an email from them saying a decision will be made on my application in March.

Does anyone know what their program with merit scholarships looks like? Are those given upon admission or later in the spring once they’ve admitted the entire class.

Does anyone know what their program with merit scholarships looks like? Are those given upon admission or later in the spring once they’ve admitted the entire class.
there financial aid site says mid to late March.

How many students that are deferred get an Acceptance?

Has anyone heard any data re: interview invites that have gone out? I've heard from other schools wither a) they are behind and like 25% have gone out or b) they are on track and 50+% have gone out

I had oct interview and didn't hear back today. But don't worry, I'm pretty sure only few acceptances were given out today, they said a majority will hear back later in the cycle once they get to see more of the applicant pool! Still a 55%ish post-II acceptance rate
Where did you find the 55% data? thanks!

II a little bit ago! Complete 8/11.

Reactions: 8 users
If I got a II on Wednesday, can I expect Vita today? or next week

Late to the party, but GOT THE A on Monday! Interviewed first week of October

• Love
Reactions: 13 users