2020-2021 Northwestern (Feinberg)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I thought that but it is also the townhall on Friday... Would they release decisions after seeing all of our faces? or right before on Thursday or next Friday? idk

Members don't see this ad.

I thought that but it is also the townhall on Friday... Would they release decisions after seeing all of our faces? or right before on Thursday or next Friday? idk
During the town hall actually. Makes it extra dramatic

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I know I asked this before but does anyone know if rejections are sent out before II?

Have any other ORM/no-ties applicants complete mid-August or later gotten an II yet? Congrats to those who have interviewed!

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone who already interviewed attend the PBL session they sent out? Not sure what "working breakout sessions with other Feinberg interviewing candidates" entails and would love to hear more about others' experiences :)
I thought the PBL session was this Friday, Nov 20th? I have not seen additional PBL info sessions... perhaps I am missing something though.

Does anyone know if we can attend a different PBL? Just got an email for one on Friday and I have work that day

Does anyone know if we can attend a different PBL? Just got an email for one on Friday and I have work that day
Yea I think they mentioned in the sign up link, they'll have more in the future.
I thought the PBL session was this Friday, Nov 20th? I have not seen additional PBL info sessions... perhaps I am missing something though.
And I think this is the first one, and they will have more later on.

Does anybody know when decisions will be released for mid November? Also, according to last year’s thread, people had changes to their application portal with an “acceptance tab” around this time. Does anybody have that?

Does anybody know when decisions will be released for mid November? Also, according to last year’s thread, people had changes to their application portal with an “acceptance tab” around this time. Does anybody have that?
If you interviewed before the end of October they said you will hear back before the end of November. We might hear back pn Nov 30th, but it will definitely be this month. If you interview Nov/Dec they said you will hear back in Jan.

So we hear back tomorrow right? I doubt they'll be working the day after thanksgiving

Members don't see this ad :)
the portal was suspiciously down yesterday......dun dun dun

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
I signed up for the PBL on Wednesday but have still not gotten the zoom links yet. Anyone in the same boat or should I contact admissions right away? Thanks!

I signed up for the PBL on Wednesday but have still not gotten the zoom links yet. Anyone in the same boat or should I contact admissions right away? Thanks!
They send links the morning of for the town halls

So the PBL info session is an hour.. hopefully they can ease some of the neuroticism and let us know if decisions are gonna be released today lol

So the PBL info session is an hour.. hopefully they can ease some of the neuroticism and let us know if decisions are gonna be released today lol
that's exactly what ive been hoping for haha :)

They could have also taken the portal down to update for the next townhall link?

They said decisions will be announced week of nov. 30th

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Lol what a rollercoaster today has been... May we all have a relaxing weekend and good news on the horizon :)

Did anyone send a letter of interest after their interview? They don't accept thank you letters but unsure if an interest letter is necessary.

Hey! For anyone that has interviewed here already, I have two quick questions:

1. Although we won't get our personalized schedule until check-in on interview day, do we get the names of our interviewers in advance?
2. Are all 3 interviews entirely open-file or are interviewers blinded to certain aspects of our application?

Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! For anyone that has interviewed here already, I have two quick questions:

1. Although we won't get our personalized schedule until check-in on interview day, do we get the names of our interviewers in advance?
2. Are all 3 interviews entirely open-file or are interviewers blinded to certain aspects of our application?

Thanks!
student interview is closed file, faculty is open. And you get the names that morning once you check in i believe

Do you guys think it's too late to submit a letter of interest post interview then if decisions could be announced November 30? Especially since the portal says, "Feinberg downloads application materials from AMCAS once a week (on Mondays), and letters submitted by the end of one week should show as received by sometime the following week (between Monday and Wednesday)."

Not sure if the strategy is to send a letter of interest now or after a deferral notice!
Tough to say, I'd guess they made initial decisions about most of us at this point? Anyway, you could send one now, and if you get deferred, send another closer to Feb.

Reactions: 1 users
student interview is closed file, faculty is open. And you get the names that morning once you check in i believe
Can confirm. Students just get your name, year you graduate(d) college, where you went for undergrad, and your major(s)/degrees.

Did anyone send a letter of interest after their interview? They don't accept thank you letters but unsure if an interest letter is necessary.
I sent a letter of continued interest a few weeks ago, but (and not to be confused with) I think it's too early to send a letter of intent. I say that because as a non-trad I don't have a pre-med advisor, and I did not initially know the difference between the two. From what I gather, a letter of intent can only be sent to one school and should be used towards the end of the cycle.

Does anyone know how receptive they are to pre-II letter of update/interest (nothing very significant- just experiences over past couple months)/to re-express interest in the school?

Does anyone know how receptive they are to pre-II letter of update/interest (nothing very significant- just experiences over past couple months)/to re-express interest in the school?

I was also wondering this! Couldn’t find anywhere on the portal to submit updates.

Would you guys recommend submitting a letter of interest ASAP or wait to see if I get a deferral email and submit it then? Absolutely love this place after interviewing, but I've never submitted a letter of interest before.

Also, would we just email it to their admissions email like we do for updates?

Would you guys recommend submitting a letter of interest ASAP or wait to see if I get a deferral email and submit it then? Absolutely love this place after interviewing, but I've never submitted a letter of interest before.

Also, would we just email it to their admissions email like we do for updates?
Honestly, the initial late November decisions have probably already been made. I would wait.

Did they say they are releasing decisions on Nov. 30th or the week of Nov. 30th? And it's phone call, right? Need to know how neurotic to be lol

Did they say they are releasing decisions on Nov. 30th or the week of Nov. 30th? And it's phone call, right? Need to know how neurotic to be lol
Idk about the first question, but notifications will be by email

Wishing everyone best of luck tomorrow. idk about y'all but I am anxious for tomorrow, but just kno you got a friend right here. let's get this :)

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
Oh, do people think we'll hear today? I prepared myself to wait until Friday.

Oh, do people think we'll hear today? I prepared myself to wait until Friday.
Probably not... they said the week of November 30th, so I would guess that means on Wednesday/Thursday. Though I'll keep my fingers crossed, good luck everyone!

Probably not... they said the week of November 30th, so I would guess that means on Wednesday/Thursday. Though I'll keep my fingers crossed, good luck everyone!
I'm trying to be optimistic and think it's today. They specifically said "week of November 30th" but they also specifically said "we're sticking to the late November timeline" so in theory today is the only day that satisfies both criteria. But who knows. Realistically they'll probably stick to the "Feinberg Friday" thing and do it on Friday. But I guess we'll find out at 6pm CST!

Reactions: 5 users