2020-2021 Northwestern (Feinberg)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Newsletter for Prospective Students...?!?

>_>

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am probably overthinking, but let me ask just in case. They said no thank you notes, does that also mean we should not email our individual interviewers or is that just referring to the admissions email?

I am probably overthinking, but let me ask just in case. They said no thank you notes, does that also mean we should not email our individual interviewers or is that just referring to the admissions email?

Yes it means you should not email your interviewers either.

II today, complete 7/20. I added my stats to the tracker

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did that email about the town hall go out to all applicants or just those who are interviewing? Trying to decide if it's important/whether I should time my lunch at work so I can go.

Did that email about the town hall go out to all applicants or just those who are interviewing? Trying to decide if it's important/whether I should time my lunch at work so I can go.
I got that email too, does anyone know how beneficial attending would be?

Is it still worth to submit secondary here (by end of the week)? Have been sitting on it for about a month, but I have fee waiver, LM 77

Is it still worth to submit secondary here (by end of the week)? Have been sitting on it for about a month, but I have fee waiver, LM 77
If you have a fee waiver then go ahead! All you have to lose is a couple hours of writing time for the possibility of getting an II.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how much weight VITA will have with Feinberg's admission process? I took it a while ago and feel like I didn't do that great

Reactions: 1 user
They probably don't even know yet. Tbh I felt the VITA was just so pointless lol
The only thing I learned from VITA was how much I rely on cues from the other person when I talk tbh.

Reactions: 2 users
The only thing I learned from VITA was how much I rely on cues from the other person when I talk tbh.
Yup! One of my interviewers asked me how VITA went, and I said, "I apologize for one of my answers where I completely blanked then rambled for a bit." I think 5/6 went pretty well, but I froze on one prompt. With no one sitting across from me to read and interact with, it made it hard for me to reset and get back on track.

got a FAT R from feinberg lol It was a reach for me but i wish the rest of you luck here!!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Yup! One of my interviewers asked me how VITA went, and I said, "I apologize for one of my answers where I completely blanked then rambled for a bit." I think 5/6 went pretty well, but I froze on one prompt. With no one sitting across from me to read and interact with, it made it hard for me to reset and get back on track.
Can you comment on how each of the 3 interviews were? My interview is next week and I just wanna get a feel of what I should be expecting

Can you comment on how each of the 3 interviews were? My interview is next week and I just wanna get a feel of what I should be expecting
They're all pretty chill and standard - I think most people walk out feeling happy with how they did.

I recently added this school to my list. Are they slow to send secondaries? I have not received mine yet.

their MD program may not be interested in me but their master of science in law certainly is wooo

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
If I unsub from the masters of science in Law mailing list, will that be a red flag? \s

I straight up blocked all advertisements from multiple schools related to other programs.... Oop

Do you know how far along in the cycle they are? Should we expect more IIs?

got a FAT R from feinberg lol It was a reach for me but i wish the rest of you luck here!!
I'm so sorry. but hey, there are plenty of med schools to go to! im worried about receiving an R, so if you dont mind, what were your stats?

Got an email from diversity to apply after I got my mcat score and silence so far. anyone in the same boat?

Got an email from diversity to apply after I got my mcat score and silence so far. anyone in the same boat?
same, me too! I have a feeling they just send that to everyone over a certain threshold, but hey I'm right there hoping with you!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not in the same boat, but definitely don't take it personally.

Schools buy lists from AAMC, based on MCAT score, SES, URM, whatever. They market to you because they want you to apply. They can't possibly know whether they are interested in you before they receive an application, but just getting you to apply is a win for them, even if they waive the application fee.

More applications make them more selective (as though they need that! :)) and possibly exposes them to diversity candidates who wouldn't otherwise apply who they might actually be interested in. Just don't think that receiving an invitation to apply is an indication of anything. Hundreds if not thousands receive the same e-mail, and you know what the admission numbers look like.

I'm not in the same boat, but definitely don't take it personally.

Schools buy lists from AAMC, based on MCAT score, SES, URM, whatever. They market to you because they want you to apply. They can't possibly know whether they are interested in you before they receive an application, but just getting you to apply is a win for them, even if they waive the application fee.

More applications make them more selective (as though they need that! :)) and possibly exposes them to diversity candidates who wouldn't otherwise apply who they might actually be interested in. Just don't think that receiving an invitation to apply is an indication of anything. Hundreds if not thousands receive the same e-mail, and you know what the admission numbers look like.
yeah wasn't really expecting much tbh. do you know if they have started sending out R's yet, so I can brace myself