2020-2021 Oklahoma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone who has submitted at the beginning of August heard back yet? (Would be nice to know if you're high, mid, or low stats too)
I submitted 7/29, 514/3.8, IS, and haven't heard back yet :/

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
They could hear back but if they do it's probably going to be closer to the end of the cycle I would bet.

Chances of that are extremely low. I guess not completely impossible but from MSAR seems like they interview ~1% of OOS applicants and they state that they use ties to Oklahoma in their screening process.

Chances of that are extremely low. I guess not completely impossible but from MSAR seems like they interview ~1% of OOS applicants and they state that they use ties to Oklahoma in their screening process.

For sure, they should not be banking on it at all, but my sibling went to OU-Tulsa and with only ~30 students in their class they actually had a surprising amount of OOS no ties students. I think once you're OOS with no family here it's pretty much down to how high your stats are and not necessarily that you lived here once when you were 10 or that you live in a neighboring state etc

Edit: It's a super small amount interviewed for sure, but they also get a lot of OOS applications too compared to how many people they can actually interview and accept into a fairly small program. I think maybe you have to look at it like that rather than percentage wise.
-Also those who were accepted OOS to her class were CRAZY SMART. Like these people went to top undergrad schools and had crazy hard degrees. I think she had someone in her class that graduated from John Hopkins (at the top of his class) with a Neuroscience degree for example. Like I'm not by any means saying that it's easy to get in as an OOS applicant, just that there's been crazier things to happen.

Last edited:
Anyone who has submitted at the beginning of August heard back yet? (Would be nice to know if you're high, mid, or low stats too)

Submitted early August and haven't heard a peep ;( 4.0/513/IS

I know I shouldn't be worried quite yet, but I am lol

Has anyone heard anything? It seems like a very small batch of II's went out and then radio silence ever since

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received an A yet? According to last year's thread they began early in November.
IS, Interviewed 10/21.

Hi! I'm currently an M1 at OU and don't know the answer to your question, but I wanted to mention that last year I believe that while a few people heard back within a week of their interviews, most heard back on 12/13. During our interviews, they specifically told us not to worry if we heard about applicants receiving their decisions while we hadn't heard anything because most people hear back near the end of the semester. I don't know how the pandemic will affect this year's cycle, but I would think most people will get answers on Friday, 12/18, the last day of classes. Hope this helps!

Has anyone received an A yet? According to last year's thread they began early in November.
IS, Interviewed 10/21.

Hi! I'm currently an M1 at OU and don't know the answer to your question, but I wanted to mention that last year I believe that while a few people heard back within a week of their interviews, most heard back on 12/13. During our interviews, they specifically told us not to worry if we heard about applicants receiving their decisions while we hadn't heard anything because most people hear back near the end of the semester. I don't know how the pandemic will affect this year's cycle, but I would think most people will get answers on Friday, 12/18, the last day of classes. Hope this helps!
They are telling us to expect most decisions by the first week of January

With the interviews being online, does anyone know what to expect from the interview? Is it going to be an mmi?

With the interviews being online, does anyone know what to expect from the interview? Is it going to be an mmi?
Interview was open file with a doc, a faculty member, and an SCM student! Not MMI Sorry, I mixed up the details!

Last edited:
Interview was open file with a doc, a faculty member, and an SCM student! Not MMI Sorry, I mixed up the details!
Interesting. Did they do their normal interview where the first part is blind, then open file? or was the whole thing open?

Interesting. Did they do their normal interview where the first part is blind, then open file? or was the whole thing open?
It was the same as their usual format. The first part is blind with questions that address AAMC's core competencies. You then leave the zoom breakout room and they look over your file and then you come back for specific questions about your application.

Is anyone else IS still waiting for an II?
Hang in there. I was IS applicant and didn’t get mine until mid December. Wasn’t accepted until February and earned a scholarship. That was all pre pandemic. Hang in there

Reactions: 1 users
R just now. OOS w/ in-state ties. Complete in early October. Good luck everyone!

• Care
II just now!

IS. 508/3.4. Complete late August

Just got accepted to OKC and SCM campus!!!! Had a horrible dream last night, so when I woke up I was in a state of utter confusion......but I’m going to be a doctor!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Are the acceptances so far only for October interviews? I interviewed November 8th and am anxious to hear back! Congrats to all who were accepted!

I interviewed 12/2 and also got an acceptance today.

Reactions: 2 users
Hmm my decision got deferred till spring, anyone know what this means?

Hmm my decision got deferred till spring, anyone know what this means?
Hey MS1 at OU. Theres honestly quite a few factors that can go into getting deferred/WL. If you have a LizzyM >70 and average ECs it's more than likely just your interview score.

Hey MS1 at OU. Theres honestly quite a few factors that can go into getting deferred/WL. If you have a LizzyM >70 and average ECs it's more than likely just your interview score.
Do you know if there is anything I can do to increase my chances of getting accepted? Like letter of interest or more ECs?

...and...deferred. OOS. LM 71. Also rejected from another school today. And interviewing for another school. Today is just really not my day lol.

Do you know if there is anything I can do to increase my chances of getting accepted? Like letter of interest or more ECs?
Nah that's probably a waste of time. All you can really do is wait.

Last edited: