2020-2021 Oregon Health and Science University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
All online I presume? I doubt interviewees are actually traveling onto the campus right?
They're online for the entire cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted 8/11, all of my letters have been in, my CASPer was sent, and I’m still not marked complete (OOS). I emailed last week and am awaiting their response.
I submitted on 8/7 and was only just complete on 9/30. Letters, MCAT, Casper, everything had been set to them well before I even received a secondary. I wouldn't stress too much for anyone not complete yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, but your application will be incomplete until it arrives. That's currently what's happening with me. Mine was sent after I submitted my primary, then I forgot to send it from amcas until I saw it wasn't sent on the portal.
do you know how long it would take after we designate a letter for our status to update to complete? My secondary has already been "processed" and I forgot to send a letter :(

Members don't see this ad :)
do you know how long it would take after we designate a letter for our status to update to complete? My secondary has already been "processed" and I forgot to send a letter :(
I'm still waiting on this as well :(

Anyone received II yet? I know it's still early for OHSU but the wait is killing me!

anyone still waiting for complete? i submitted 8/13

Just an update: I had emailed the Admissions Committee to ask if being mission-based or not affected processing time. I submitted my secondary 8/11, and as of today, have still not been updated as "complete". Their email was pretty generic and told me to check the website for mission-based group descriptions (gee, I hadn't thought of that) and told me they cannot provide status updates, and next time I should refer to the portal. Soooo basically I got no new information lol. I was just unsure if being mission-based affects processing. The wait continues.

Reactions: 4 users
Ok thanks! My file was complete 9/20 due to all the fires and stuff in OR. It has barely been two weeks haha. Do you know if they were MSTP or regular MD?
Oh yeah, I bet the fires and all the smoke delayed things a bunch! The smoke was terrible. And they were regular MD.

Just an update: I had emailed the Admissions Committee to ask if being mission-based or not affected processing time. I submitted my secondary 8/11, and as of today, have still not been updated as "complete". Their email was pretty generic and told me to check the website for mission-based group descriptions (gee, I hadn't thought of that) and told me they cannot provide status updates, and next time I should refer to the portal. Soooo basically I got no new information lol. I was just unsure if being mission-based affects processing. The wait continues.
When did you email? I haven't gotten a response back and I emailed 9/23 and still haven't heard anything back. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
My interpretation of what the portal says is that mission based groups get processed and reviewed first, followed by non mission group applicants!

For reference I am a non-mission group applicant, submitted 8/7 and am not processed yet.

My interpretation of what the portal says is that mission based groups get processed and reviewed first, followed by non mission group applicants!

For reference I am a non-mission group applicant, submitted 8/7 and am not processed yet.
Yeah, I was trying to ask them that, and then also see if I am included in the academic/extra mission group, but they said they don’t answer that.

Between COVID and the delays with wildfires, everything here has changed immensely so be patient with them as they try to adapt to the new way they are doing II's and interviews this year. Also, OHSU admissions is notoriously slow so don't fret too much, you guys will all do great!

Reactions: 4 users
Finally got an update on my portal saying I've been processed! Submitted secondary 8/19 and In-Region/Mission based group.

Reactions: 1 users
When I first submitted my AMCAs, I did not indicate MD/MPH. However, I changed my mind after reading about the program and then indicated this on the secondary application and wrote my essay. Does anyone know if I have to resubmit my AMCAs to indicate the change from MD to MD/MPH degree?

When I first submitted my AMCAs, I did not indicate MD/MPH. However, I changed my mind after reading about the program and then indicated this on the secondary application and wrote my essay. Does anyone know if I have to resubmit my AMCAs to indicate the change from MD to MD/MPH degree?

I would send them an email. I tried to change one of the schools I applied to to MD/PhD on AMCAS and it didn't look like I could change it.

Between COVID and the delays with wildfires, everything here has changed immensely so be patient with them as they try to adapt to the new way they are doing II's and interviews this year. Also, OHSU admissions is notoriously slow so don't fret too much, you guys will all do great!

I felt this evacuating while trying to write secondaries... I was planning to have a lot submitted within two weeks but I lost like a week from being up in the fires. How has learning virtually been at OHSU this year?

I felt this evacuating while trying to write secondaries... I was planning to have a lot submitted within two weeks but I lost like a week from being up in the fires. How has learning virtually been at OHSU this year?

Seeing as we were the trial and error group, March and April wasn't without its struggles. I think they've really figured out a nice way of doing it for the first years, including some limited in person activities and then in January the MS-1s will start preceptorships which we are still doing in the hospital. Of course it's terrible they don't get any real time to connect and befriend their classmates, but I'm of the opinion that this is what we, especially as the healthcare leaders of tomorrow, need to do to safely proceed with some normalcy during a pandemic. Not to knock those frustrated by the circumstances, but we're progressing as planned just in a new way. Resiliency is key.

I hope your home and family were safe. All of us from this beautiful state felt those fires at some level. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Seeing as we were the trial and error group, March and April wasn't without its struggles. I think they've really figured out a nice way of doing it for the first years, including some limited in person activities and then in January the MS-1s will start preceptorships which we are still doing in the hospital. Of course it's terrible they don't get any real time to connect and befriend their classmates, but I'm of the opinion that this is what we, especially as the healthcare leaders of tomorrow, need to do to safely proceed with some normalcy during a pandemic. Not to knock those frustrated by the circumstances, but we're progressing as planned just in a new way. Resiliency is key.

I hope your home and family were safe. All of us from this beautiful state felt those fires at some level. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Thank you! I can definitely understand those troubles! I keep thinking it's going to get better and things just keep getting pushed back. Hoping for a first year in med school in-person but we will see how it goes. I'm already preparing myself for the likelihood that I won't graduate from undergrad this year in person.

IS submitted 8/20 finally marked complete 10/15!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
II. IS. Complete 9/15.

Anyone know how long after interviews we are notified about A/R/WL?

Reactions: 2 users
II. IS. Complete 9/15.

They said around 8 weeks but I've heard from many current students that you don't typically find out until March or April :bullcrap:

II. IS. Complete 9/15.

Ahhh congrats! I was complete 9/20, crossing my fingers I get one in these next couple days :) Are you regular MD?

They said around 8 weeks but I've heard from many current students that you don't typically find out until March or April :bullcrap:

Yep. Most people who interview get placed on hold ~8-12 weeks after their interview, and then those people find out if they are accepted, wait listed, or rejected. It's a looooooooong process.

Sorry if this has been asked before (and yes I emailed and called admissions however got an autogenerated reply) - I have 4 LOR through AMCAS that I designated to send to OHSU however in the secondary application portal for OHSU I noticed it only has 1 LOR chosen to be reviewed. I'm not sure when in the process this got messed up or even if it matters?

Does anyone know whether they will review all the letters being sent to them or just the ones listen in the secondary?

Thanks!!

Does anybody know if ohsu accepts letters of intent? I could not find anything on their website or msar page about it.

Ahhh congrats! I was complete 9/20, crossing my fingers I get one in these next couple days :) Are you regular MD?

Yeah, just regular MD.

Kind of a bummer to hear that it will be 8-12 weeks to hear back...and it will most likely be a hold. But I also think it's a small bit of patience for a great opportunity. If any current students want to reflect on their interview experience, that would be great! @PNWMed24.

Good luck to everyone.

hi does anyone know where I can find the statement of confidentiality on my portal? I have been having such a hard time locating it. thank you in advance!

hi does anyone know where I can find the statement of confidentiality on my portal? I have been having such a hard time locating it. thank you in advance!
It should just be right below your Application Status! If you can't find it, I would contact Kari and she can send it to you. I was sent this document in the II email and sent it directly to her.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 11.18.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 11.18.27 AM.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 115
It should just be right below your Application Status! If you can't find it, I would contact Kari and she can send it to you. I was sent this document in the II email and sent it directly to her.
Thank you so much! I will reach out since I did not have that on my portal :) Best of luck to you!

Anyone else in the mission-group candidacy still waiting for some news post secondary?

I submitted 9.9.2020.

Reactions: 1 users
OHSU.jpg

Hello everybody! I was wondering if somebody knew what this means, I tried emailing the admissions office but I haven't gotten a reply so far. My application has been processed for about 3 weeks, but after scrolling down, the image above appears on the portal. I already took the MCAT on May 29th as stated in the image, and I do not intend on taking another MCAT (I submitted my AMCAS primary as I waited for my 05/29/20 score). That being said, does that mean that my application is not complete? Has anybody had a similar issue? Thanks in advance!

+1 complete 9/17. hoping to hear some news here soon

View attachment 320862

Hello everybody! I was wondering if somebody knew what this means, I tried emailing the admissions office but I haven't gotten a reply so far. My application has been processed for about 3 weeks, but after scrolling down, the image above appears on the portal. I already took the MCAT on May 29th as stated in the image, and I do not intend on taking another MCAT (I submitted my AMCAS primary as I waited for my 05/29/20 score). That being said, does that mean that my application is not complete? Has anybody had a similar issue? Thanks in advance!
Is there anything that says No? I had a similar problem, my MCAT score was definitely released to them, but I had that error as well. I emailed in September, and they recently fixed it last week. I think you just have to be patient if you've already emailed them, they will get back to you eventually!

I checked my portal today and it said that my secondary application has been processed and that my file was marked complete on 10/14. I submitted my secondary application 08/09 I am an OOS MD/MPH applicant.

i submitted 8/13 and am in a mission group--still incomplete :'(

Is there anything that says No? I had a similar problem, my MCAT score was definitely released to them, but I had that error as well. I emailed in September, and they recently fixed it last week. I think you just have to be patient if you've already emailed them, they will get back to you eventually!
Hey, thanks for the reply! The disclaimer at the very bottom stating that my application is not complete until the items in red are received is what makes me hesitant. Did you have to resubmit your AMCAS application? thanks!

Hey, thanks for being willing to do this! One thing I'm curious about is the mandatory attendance mentioned on MSAR. I've heard that this is quite uncommon for lectures in med school, but MSAR made it sound like OHSU requires in person attendance for everything. Is this because there are more small group sessions, or do they really require that you show up to every lecture? If the latter, how do you like it?
There is not mandatory attendance for lectures. For small groups, there is at least 3 hours a week of required attendance. Some weeks it is more like 6-8 hours. There are additional small group sessions that are not mandatory but they are also not recorded so that's kind of up to you. Overall the majority of things are not mandatory attendance but things have changed a lot with COVID and I don't expect it to go back to how it was anytime soon.

Hey, thanks for the reply! The disclaimer at the very bottom stating that my application is not complete until the items in red are received is what makes me hesitant. Did you have to resubmit your AMCAS application? thanks!
Feel free to pm me, what are the items marked red? If it's a letter of recommendation that wasn't sent, then you have to resubmit it through amcas. If the only thing that's red is the MCAT, you don't need to do anything, they just haven't gone back to revaluate your application.

Submitted 9/10 and completed 10/20. Oregon Heritage

Feel free to pm me, what are the items marked red? If it's a letter of recommendation that wasn't sent, then you have to resubmit it through amcas. If the only thing that's red is the MCAT, you don't need to do anything, they just haven't gone back to revaluate your application.
Thank you so much, as you said, the only item marked was my MCAT score. I was getting a bit paranoid. I appreciate your help and wish you good luck!!