2020-2021 Oregon Health and Science University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you so much, as you said, the only item marked was my MCAT score. I was getting a bit paranoid. I appreciate your help and wish you good luck!!
You can email them so they are aware to go back to your application, but I think it's a matter of being patient :)

Members don't see this ad.

IS submitted 8/20 finally marked complete 10/15!
This is a really dumb question but is processed the same thing as complete? My status just shows that my secondary is processed with a purple mark but idk if that means the same as complete

II today!!!!! I'm OOS and was complete 8/21 :)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! :) What dates were available if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks so much!! They only gave me the option for diffrent days in the first week of November. They give you a few options and then you rank them based on how much you'd prefer that day/time.

Reactions: 1 users
Can someone pls post a screenshot of what a complete applicant portal looks like? Is there a difference between being processed vs complete? I am literally just being neurotic at this point but just want to verify with someone.

Can someone pls post a screenshot of what a complete applicant portal looks like? Is there a difference between being processed vs complete? I am literally just being neurotic at this point but just want to verify with someone.

I don't remember what it looked like before at each step, but this is what it is now:

1603345632012.png

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry if this has been asked before (and yes I emailed and called admissions however got an autogenerated reply) - I have 4 LOR through AMCAS that I designated to send to OHSU however in the secondary application portal for OHSU I noticed it only has 1 LOR chosen to be reviewed. I'm not sure when in the process this got messed up or even if it matters?

Does anyone know whether they will review all the letters being sent to them or just the ones listen in the secondary?

Thanks!!

Hello, where did you see exactly how many letters they have chosen to review in your portal? It says nothing of the sort for me, only that all of my materials including letters of rec have been received.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone interviewing this week for MD/PhD (the calendar says it's their first int week)? If so, how's it going?

II today! In-state

Submitted secondary 8/23, but not marked as complete until earlier this month

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
II today! In-state

Submitted secondary 8/23, but not marked as complete until earlier this month
This gives me hope! They didn't l make me complete until earlier this month too! I was worried I wouldn't ever hear at this rate.

I submitted a secondary after four-week period had expired. It still let me do it. I'm CA resident and this is a lower yield school for me of course, but I do like OR and idea of being somewhere with a bit more space than the bay area, what with the pandemic and all.

Anyone know whether the four-week thing is truly an auto-reject or just meant to make people speed up their submissions? I"m only about a week beyond the deadline.

I submitted a secondary after four-week period had expired. It still let me do it. I'm CA resident and this is a lower yield school for me of course, but I do like OR and idea of being somewhere with a bit more space than the bay area, what with the pandemic and all.

Anyone know whether the four-week thing is truly an auto-reject or just meant to make people speed up their submissions? I"m only about a week beyond the deadline.
It’s not an auto reject thing. My portal had a brain fart when I paid my fee and it took about six weeks for them to fix it. I asked them if it mattered at that point that my application was six weeks “late” and they said the deadline was just a formality. It doesn’t actually factor into anything.

Secondary submitted on 08/08/2020. Finally, my file is completed 10/26/2020! Good luck everyone!

II received 10/26, complete on 08/30! OOS from WA :)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Has any md/mph applicants heard back?

I feel like dual degree applicants have been really quiet on this thread. There has already been one of the three MD/PhD interview weeks that ended yesterday but no one from that is on here I don't think!

I feel like dual degree applicants have been really quiet on this thread. There has already been one of the three MD/PhD interview weeks that ended yesterday but no one from that is on here I don't think!
I applied MD/MPH but haven’t heard anything yet. Is there somewhere that lists specific weeks for interviews?

Secondary submitted 10/10, complete 11/03, OOS. Does this mean they're considering me as part of a mission group? *crossing fingers because I really only have a chance of meeting 1/6 of their criteria :( lol

Secondary submitted 10/10, complete 11/03, OOS. Does this mean they're considering me as part of a mission group? *crossing fingers because I really only have a chance of meeting 1/6 of their criteria :( lol
At least we know they're looking through apps, I haven't heard of people getting interview invites in a while.

File was complete on 10/26/2020. Now, the complete mark has been removed, and I am back to "application has been processed". Has anyone had this issue before?

Does anyone know if the one on one portion of the interview is open or closed file?

I believe last year the 1:1 was open file for everything except your GPA/MCAT. My interviewer definitely had read my file but I believe I had heard somewhere during the process that they blind GPA/MCAT at that point so it doesn’t dominate the impression. Don’t @ me though if proven false!

Does anyone know if the one on one portion of the interview is open or closed file?
They are blinded to mcat/gpa but have everything else from your primary and secondary.

Reactions: 2 users
I believe last year the 1:1 was open file for everything except your GPA/MCAT. My interviewer definitely had read my file but I believe I had heard somewhere during the process that they blind GPA/MCAT at that point so it doesn’t dominate the impression. Don’t @ me though if proven false!
They are blinded to mcat/gpa but have everything else from your primary and secondary.

thank you both!!

I know most of those interviewed will be put on hold until spring, but does anyone remember what day of the week the committee meets?

Any recent MD/PhD IIs?

There is only an opportunity for one more interview week (January 25th - 27th). Their second interview week is prob too late to receive an invite which is Nov 16th though 18th. They take 20 per interview week. Hoping for an II soon as well!

Yeah, just regular MD.

Kind of a bummer to hear that it will be 8-12 weeks to hear back...and it will most likely be a hold. But I also think it's a small bit of patience for a great opportunity. If any current students want to reflect on their interview experience, that would be great! @PNWMed24.

Good luck to everyone.

I honestly enjoyed the interview experience quite a bit, though it will be different from whatever you guys are going to get due to the pandemic. It was a MMI with maybe 10-12 stations (MMI prep information can be found widely). The second part of the formal interview was a 1:1 with an attending who from anecdotal information from myself and several classmates, is with a faculty member who is in some way matched to your interests (eg: my application noted interests in surgery and I was matched with an ENT surgeon). Overall it was a very fun day and was more casual than the other interviews I had during my cycle. Best of luck!

OOS and submitted secondary mid-September and still haven't been marked complete yet. Anyone else in the same boat? Do we just have to keep waiting?

• Haha
Submitted secondary in August and finally complete today

• Love