2020-2021 Oregon Health and Science University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, I was hoping to get some clarification:
I submitted my secondary on 10/08/2020 and
my file was complete on 10/22/2020

Being complete on 10/22 what does that exactly mean? Are they still reviewing my application?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

does anyone know how many people are accepted into the md/mph program?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I was hoping to get some clarification:
I submitted my secondary on 10/08/2020 and
my file was complete on 10/22/2020

Being complete on 10/22 what does that exactly mean? Are they still reviewing my application?

Thanks
I think they start reviewing your application once it's complete. I received an II about 2 weeks after I was marked complete. Not 100% sure though.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know if you are designated mission-based or not? i thought i was, but i submitted my secondary 8/13 and am still not complete. or, is it worth emailing about this?

does anyone know how many people are accepted into the md/mph program?
During my interview they said they are anticipating to accept ~15 students this incoming year into the MD/MPH program, which is double the previous years' 7-8 student cohort

During my interview they said they are anticipating to accept ~15 students this incoming year into the MD/MPH program, which is double the previous years' 7-8 student cohort
oh woah! do you know how many they interview for the program?

anyone know if you are designated mission-based or not? i thought i was, but i submitted my secondary 8/13 and am still not complete. or, is it worth emailing about this?

how do you know if you’re complete or not?

does it say somewhere on the portal? if so, where?

how do you know if you’re complete or not?

does it say somewhere on the portal? if so, where?
it's hard to see it because it isn't a checklist. but when you're complete a separate item is added that says "Your file was complete on xx/xx/xxxx"

IS, submitted 8/27, application complete 9/28, II today!!! regular MD

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
IS, submitted 8/27, application complete 9/28, II today!!! regular MD
What’re your stats if you don’t mind me asking? I submitted right around the same time and I’m wondering if they offer to high stat people first and then wait to offer to others.

What’re your stats if you don’t mind me asking? I submitted right around the same time and I’m wondering if they offer to high stat people first and then wait to offer to others.

I wouldn't consider myself high stats. cGPA 3.4, sGPA 3.3, MCAT 513. ORM. I really think that other parts of my application helped me.

Reactions: 1 users
I wouldn't consider myself high stats. cGPA 3.4, sGPA 3.3, MCAT 513. ORM. I really think that other parts of my application helped me.
This gives me hope! I’m right around your Lizzy m score, very non trad, have my masters, and have worked at OHSU for about four years. Here’s to hoping they actually look holistically at our apps! Thanks for sharing!

This gives me hope! I’m right around your Lizzy m score, very non trad, have my masters, and have worked at OHSU for about four years. Here’s to hoping they actually look holistically at our apps! Thanks for sharing!
Good luck!!

How was the interview for MD/MPH, if you don’t mind me asking? From what I could gather, it’s similar to the regular MD interview but with MD/MPH faculty. Is there another portion for MPH, or is it mixed into the overall Interview?

I was complete 10/2 but haven’t heard anything so I’m starting to become neurotic lol. I have lower stats, but I’ve been involved in a range of community efforts that I’m passionate about for the last few years. I’m hoping my experience is enough to get me through the door.

How was the interview for MD/MPH, if you don’t mind me asking? From what I could gather, it’s similar to the regular MD interview but with MD/MPH faculty. Is there another portion for MPH, or is it mixed into the overall Interview?

I was complete 10/2 but haven’t heard anything so I’m starting to become neurotic lol. I have lower stats, but I’ve been involved in a range of community efforts that I’m passionate about for the last few years. I’m hoping my experience is enough to get me through the door.
Yep, in addition to the MD interview (traditional + MMI) you have a separate MPH interview with faculty. My understanding is you still have to be accepted to the MD program before they consider you for MPH - although you do both interviews you still need to get your foot in the door for MD like everyone else, and then you get considered for the MPH. I would say my MPH interview was more relaxed than my MD. Don’t overthink - I know it’s hard but I’m sure your time will come :) it seems like they have interviews every week or so

• Care
Hey y'all, I just wanted to share that I received an md/mph interview a few days ago. I am OOS with impressively mediocre stats. I submitted secondary on 08/09 and was marked complete 10/14. I had the option to choose interviews during the week of 01/11. I can say with confidence that OHSU truly does look at your application holistically so just try to be patient and trust the process!

@tacoavocadocat Do you know if the MD/MPH is "all or nothing"? By this I mean can we still be accepted to just the MD program if we are not accepted to the MPH program as well? Also, I noticed in the email there wasn't a MD/MPH Q&A panel. Were you able ask MPH specific questions during any of the interview days?
congrats! can i ask what your stats are?

Congrats on the interview!! That’s awesome. Hopefully I hear something soon. Would you mind DMing me too?

Hey y'all, I just wanted to share that I received an md/mph interview a few days ago. I am OOS with impressively mediocre stats. I submitted secondary on 08/09 and was marked complete 10/14. I had the option to choose interviews during the week of 01/11. I can say with confidence that OHSU truly does look at your application holistically so just try to be patient and trust the process!

@tacoavocadocat Do you know if the MD/MPH is "all or nothing"? By this I mean can we still be accepted to just the MD program if we are not accepted to the MPH program as well? Also, I noticed in the email there wasn't a MD/MPH Q&A panel. Were you able ask MPH specific questions during any of the interview days?
That's a great question and I'm wondering the same thing lmaooo. My guess is that it's all or nothing because that is the "mission group" that I applied under, but I could be wrong. Maybe all or nothing for me since I'm not an OR resident? There was not a separate MD/MPH Q&A, BUT my MPH interviewer said they have monthly "chats" with current MD/MPH students. However, admissions did not send us the link prior to the interview (and still haven't received one for the ones coming up) so I think it might be worth reminding them to send those WebEx links out. Congrats on the interview wooop wooop! :)

Is the information about/invitation to the interview on their portal or a different website?

does anybody know how many MMI stations there are? any tips?

Completion date? Lizzy m score? In state? Thanks!
IS, regular MD
Complete early September, processed mid-October
You can DM me for stats if you want

OHSU is taking a long time to process, so don't worry too much if you haven't heard yet (especially OOS)

it's hard to see it because it isn't a checklist. but when you're complete a separate item is added that says "Your file was complete on xx/xx/xxxx"
You should also get an email

IS, regular MD
Complete early September, processed mid-October
You can DM me for stats if you want

OHSU is taking a long time to process, so don't worry too much if you haven't heard yet (especially OOS)
What's the difference between processed and complete? It says that my secondary has been processed and I was complete 10/2. Still haven't heard anything though and I'm IS so I'm a bit worried.

Also, would they update the portal if we were rejected pre-II lmao

What's the difference between processed and complete? It says that my secondary has been processed and I was complete 10/2. Still haven't heard anything though and I'm IS so I'm a bit worried.

I applied last year and they rejected me through the portal without notifying me via email.

It took awhile after I got processed to hear anything, so I would imagine they are still reviewing your app!

Im in IS and my application was complete 10/12 and I still havent heard anything so I am a little bit nervous also.

I'm going with the no news is good news. My friend is an MS1 and said they are very slow this year. They're typically very slow, so maybe they're just glacially slow this year.

It says on my portal that my application is completed 11/17/2020. Does this mean I'll be hearing something soon?

It says on my portal that my application is completed 11/17/2020. Does this mean I'll be hearing something soon?
Maybe soon, maybe in several months lol I've been complete since September. Once everything is in it becomes a waiting game.

II today and just beyond excited!!! This school has been a dream of mine since high school!!!! OOS, but within the mission-group region! :love:

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
II today and just beyond excited!!! This school has been a dream of mine since high school!!!! OOS, but within the mission-group region! :love:
Congratulations. If you don’t mind what are your stats and compete date? Thanks

Congratulations. If you don’t mind what are your stats and compete date? Thanks
LM 68.8, Complete date on the portal 10/23/2020, even though I submitted my secondary back on 8/19 so definitely a waiting game! Also my interview options were Mid-December for reference (only one week window offered to schedule)