2020-2021 Oregon Health and Science University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
LM 68.8, Complete date on the portal 10/23/2020, even though I submitted my secondary back on 8/19 so definitely a waiting game! Also my interview options were Mid-December for reference (only one week window offered to schedule)
Oh boy my complete dates are similar to yours, I submitted in August and was complete 10/25...hoping I hear soon too!! Congratulations!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
My application was complete in late September - would it be bad to email the admissions for a status update? Currently out of state but within the mission group...

Members don't see this ad :)
i was complete 9/17 and haven't heard anything. In state

Yup same. Was complete 9/20 and haven't heard and IS. I think SDN is making me stress more hahah
IS also complete in September! I’m thinking I need to get off of SDN. I know they’re notoriously slow in a normal year, but I’m stressed lol

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
IS also complete in September! I’m thinking I need to get off of SDN. I know they’re notoriously slow in a normal year, but I’m stressed lol
I was going through the same thing earlier in the cycle and it was seriously affecting my mental health so I decided to pretty much get off SDN and "unwatch" all threads. I found that it really helped.

What I have learned from this cycle is that applications are not reviewed chronologically by any means and your "complete" date does not have any real correlation to when you will receive an interview. I received an II to one of my IS schools about 4-5 months after I was marked complete...much after people with the same complete date.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
At the virtual fair they said in previous years, they tried to give out their interviews by February. Also, they have a record number of applicants this year (not surprisingly), but they will have the same number of interviews and acceptances as previous years.

At the virtual fair they said in previous years, they tried to give out their interviews by February. Also, they have a record number of applicants this year (not surprisingly), but they will have the same number of interviews and acceptances as previous years.
And on their website it says they interview until March and anyone who is invited to interview IS interviewing for a spot in the class! Hope we will all be classmates next year :)

• Care
Hey, for what it's worth, I'm an MS1 at OHSU. I interviewed in March last year. I'm aware of several other people in my class who interviewed in March. I was accepted without a hold and without being waitlisted a few days before the end of April.

If you get an interview, you ARE interviewing for a place in the class. The vast majority of places are offered on April 30. With OHSU more than many other schools, you're genuinely in the running until the end of March, so just wait it out.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Hey, for what it's worth, I'm an MS1 at OHSU. I interviewed in March last year. I'm aware of several other people in my class who interviewed in March. I was accepted without a hold and without being waitlisted a few days before the end of April.

If you get an interview, you ARE interviewing for a place in the class. The vast majority of places are offered on April 30. With OHSU more than many other schools, you're genuinely in the running until the end of March, so just wait it out.
Do you know if folks have found out earlier?

Put on hold today, MSTP applicant. No e-mail, through the portal. Interviewed October 26th-28th

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it uncommon to be accepted shortly after you interview with OHSU? Do you have to basically "ace" the interview in order to be accepted before end of April?

Is it uncommon to be accepted shortly after you interview with OHSU? Do you have to basically "ace" the interview in order to be accepted before end of April?
Pretty much. In general they put 80% of applicants on hold until April, 10% get accepted, and 10% get rejected.

Reactions: 1 users

Seems to be quite uncommon. Even those who are accepted without ever being formally put on hold might have to wait a few months for a decision. A lot depends on when your interviewer gets to the adcom meeting.

As for having to ace the interview... I'm guessing it doesn't hurt... but since they assign each person a score and change the threshold of admit vs. hold over the course of the season, if your number isn't above the admit line (yet), you'll be on hold (or rejected, but let us not think of that).

Curious if anyone has heard of any A's from OHSU yet this year?

Reactions: 3 users
Can anyone show what it looks like once you've been put on hold?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 11.55.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 11.55.57 AM.png
    89.5 KB · Views: 218
I think that's good news. Strange because I interviewed 11/2 and my portal hasn't changed...
Last year, I interviewed in early November and I was put on hold like 3 days later. Only to be rejected in April. I wouldn't put too much faith in when you hear back after your interview.

Last edited:
I think that's good news. Strange because I interviewed 11/2 and my portal hasn't changed...
I interviewed early october and mine hasn't changed either! been refreshing the portal nonstop since then lol help

I just want an interview invite over here...

Reactions: 9 users
I just want an interview invite over here...
Seriously... I was complete on 10/9 and still have not heard anything. Got rejected pre-II in February last year. Worked really hard on improving every aspect of my application for this cycle and just silence. Rooting for all of us. Then even if we do get a II we have to wait until the end of April lololol. The med school admission process is so cruel.

Reactions: 6 users
Seriously... I was complete on 10/9 and still have not heard anything. Got rejected pre-II in February last year. Worked really hard on improving every aspect of my application for this cycle and just silence. Rooting for all of us. Then even if we do get a II we have to wait until the end of April lololol. The med school admission process is so cruel.
Haha I feel you, it really is torture. I submitted all my materials late August and still haven't gotten an update on the OHSU portal. I am hoping COVID is slowing places down since I haven't heard from ~ 27 schools, but seeing people post on threads that many schools are scheduling into February already is disheartening. Hoping our patience pays off!

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
To those who have already interviewed, how would you describe the atmosphere of the MMI? did you feel relaxed or really stressed and stumped by the prompts ... I hate virtual MMIs and honestly navigating through many zoom links in addition to interacting with different station's people/prompts is so stressful to me

To those who have already interviewed, how would you describe the atmosphere of the MMI? did you feel relaxed or really stressed and stumped by the prompts ... I hate virtual MMIs and honestly navigating through many zoom links in addition to interacting with different station's people/prompts is so stressful to me
i personally thought it was great! i was so scared going in because it was my first virtual MMI, but i thought the questions were great and the interviewers were really chill and made the interview conversational. many were current students. they allowed us to take notes and the question was kept on the screen, so that really helped keep me organized and focused on answering the question. i also had no issues navigating through the webex links. you'll do great, don't stress!

Reactions: 5 users
i personally thought it was great! i was so scared going in because it was my first virtual MMI, but i thought the questions were great and the interviewers were really chill and made the interview conversational. many were current students. they allowed us to take notes and the question was kept on the screen, so that really helped keep me organized and focused on answering the question. i also had no issues navigating through the webex links. you'll do great, don't stress!
thank you for divulging that information! i wasn't able to take notes or view the prompt again in my last mmi and also clicked the wrong zoom link for a station and it left me feeling way more stressed even thought prompts weren't terrible; good to know that OHSU is a bit more accommodating and supportive with this virtual format

For those that have interviewed: was there a place to upload the signed confidentially agreement, or was typing our name into the box to acknowledge the confidentially on our portal sufficient?

For those that have interviewed: was there a place to upload the signed confidentially agreement, or was typing our name into the box to acknowledge the confidentially on our portal sufficient?
Did Kari email you the statement of confidentiality? If so, sign it and send it via email.

how can we make sure our app is complete? i have the printed completed application and I also have the button that says ur secondary app is processed. just wanna make sure that means my apl is complete? i submitted sec august 9th. made a couple mistakes and delayed a ref/proof of residency in late september. kinda nervous since im IS and its def one of my top choices.

Did Kari email you the statement of confidentiality? If so, sign it and send it via email.
No, I only saw the official form on the portal? However, I could have sworn a box appeared on my portal and I had to type my name to acknowledge reading and agreeing to the statement of confidentiality.

No, I only saw the official form on the portal? However, I could have sworn a box appeared on my portal and I had to type my name to acknowledge reading and agreeing to the statement of confidentiality.
Then that should be sufficient! I did the same thing on the portal, too, but Kari also sent me a statement of confidentiality when I received my II.

how can we make sure our app is complete? i have the printed completed application and I also have the button that says ur secondary app is processed. just wanna make sure that means my apl is complete? i submitted sec august 9th. made a couple mistakes and delayed a ref/proof of residency in late september. kinda nervous since im IS and its def one of my top choices.
It seems like it should say on your portal! Mine isn't complete either, and I submitted early August. Anyone else's app not marked as complete either?

Hello, I've seen multiple people mention proof of residency. I never had documented proof of residency nor wasn't asked for proof. There were questions I answered that would indicate that I'm a resident but I was never asked for verification. Can anyone elaborate on where we document proof of our residency?

Hello, I've seen multiple people mention proof of residency. I never had documented proof of residency nor wasn't asked for proof. There were questions I answered that would indicate that I'm a resident but I was never asked for verification. Can anyone elaborate on where we document proof of our residency?
I didn't provide proof of residency in my application, I just stated that I've lived in Oregon all of my life. I later received an email from the administrative manager asking for proof of residency, which can include: 1) being legally dependent upon a parent who is an Oregon resident (2019 tax forms could prove that), 2) Oregon driver’s license, 3) voter registration card, 4) personal 2019 federal taxes indicating Oregon residence and presence in Oregon, 5) current automobile registration, 6) rental or lease agreement, etc.

Hope that helps!

I didn't provide proof of residency in my application, I just stated that I've lived in Oregon all of my life. I later received an email from the administrative manager asking for proof of residency, which can include: 1) being legally dependent upon a parent who is an Oregon resident (2019 tax forms could prove that), 2) Oregon driver’s license, 3) voter registration card, 4) personal 2019 federal taxes indicating Oregon residence and presence in Oregon, 5) current automobile registration, 6) rental or lease agreement, etc.

Hope that helps!
Did you put an Oregon address on your application? I just wonder because I haven’t been contacted but I also said I was an Oregon resident.

does this mean that i'm complete? also never got a ohsu complete email if they send them.

Attachments

• ohsu portal.PNG
    ohsu portal.PNG
    72.9 KB · Views: 130
does this mean that i'm complete? also never got a ohsu complete email if they send them.
This is what it will look like when it’s complete. I can’t see the bottom of your screen but it looks like you’re just processed. You should be complete soon!
E457B6F6-BEE2-461D-8863-6594DBB3B2E6.png