-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Pennsylvania State
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats! What was your application status prior to receiving the II? Mine still just says "application is ready" and I'm wondering if this means I still have yet to be reviewed or to be assigned to someone for review.II to their MD/PhD program!! Beyond excited. IS, ORM, LM 71, complete 7/30.
Sounds good, I'm hoping so! I was complete pretty early and hoping to hear something from here soonI think many portals will say this through the entire interview season.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II at 2:44 to regular MD program! Verified 5/29, secondary submitted 7/29.
houseplantaficionado
Full Member
Is anyone else not marked as complete yet? I submitted my secondary on 8/1 and my AMCAS primary was verified on 5/28, with all materials complete....
Double check if you selected them as recipients of your Casper scores. That’s what was holding mine back.Is anyone else not marked as complete yet? I submitted my secondary on 8/1 and my AMCAS primary was verified on 5/28, with all materials complete....
houseplantaficionado
Full Member
omg thank you! I didn't even know they required the CASPer.Double check if you selected them as recipients of your Casper scores. That’s what was holding mine back.
II received today! But when I went to schedule the interview, there was only one available date, which happens to conflict with another interview of mine. I literally scrolled through all the months (October-April) and there were no other available dates. How are all the dates gone already??
R
Removed 982794
They’re gone already?II received today! But when I went to schedule the interview, there was only one available date, which happens to conflict with another interview of mine. I literally scrolled through all the months (October-April) and there were no other available dates. How are all the dates gone already??
They’re gone already?
Yes, Oct. 2 is the only available date on their calendar. Wondering if I should call to ask if this is a glitch in their system.
congrats! complete date, if you don't mind me asking?II this afternoon. IS ORM LM 70
Thank you! Complete 8/11congrats! complete date, if you don't mind me asking?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II yesterday! Complete 7/30, IS and idk what my LM is lol
anexhaustedpremed
Full Member
II! IS and complete 8/12
Do you get one just now?II! IS and complete 8/12
anexhaustedpremed
Full Member
Do you get one just now?
I got the email at 10:14 am today
II received on Monday! You have to complete VITA first before scheduling anything. 514, 3.5, IS. Complete 8/31.
Edit 9/24: Just took VITA. The interview scheduling portal opened immediately after I got the AAMC's "Completed" email. They had two dates in October and then nothing for the rest of 2020.
Edit 9/24: Just took VITA. The interview scheduling portal opened immediately after I got the AAMC's "Completed" email. They had two dates in October and then nothing for the rest of 2020.
Last edited:
Anon_medgirl
Full Member
Why are you guys drawn to Penn State's Med school? What do you guys think makes it unique?
I applied because 1. I really, really like a few of their accelerated programs - specifically, I like their neurosurgery and their Clinician Educator ones; and 2. I'm IS, alongside the fact that some family members have gone there for undergrad and have liked the area.Why are you guys drawn to Penn State's Med school? What do you guys think makes it unique?
Why are you guys drawn to Penn State's Med school? What do you guys think makes it unique?
I agree with Kaytvo's post I think that Penn State has some great accelerated programs. They also have strong medical humanities courses/curriculum that I personally am interested in as well as Global Health opportunities.
I applied because 1. I really, really like a few of their accelerated programs - specifically, I like their neurosurgery and their Clinician Educator ones; and 2. I'm IS, alongside the fact that some family members have gone there for undergrad and have liked the area.
One thing that I just wanted to point out is that unless you are doing the University Park Medical Curriculum, Penn State's main medical school is at their Hershey Campus, so not the same place as where students go for undergrad. I went to Penn State for undergrad so that is why I know that but the Hershey campus is about 1.5 hours away, just so you all know!
II today. Can't even register for a date yet because I have to do my VITA first. Anyone else on the same boat?
Are you in-state?II today. Can't even register for a date yet because I have to do my VITA first. Anyone else on the same boat?
II today. Can't even register for a date yet because I have to do my VITA first. Anyone else on the same boat?
I'm IS, and it was mandatory for me to do VITA before I could register. The moment I got the "VITA Complete" email, I was given access to the interview scheduling tab.
TriWinning
Pierce the heavens!!
Haven't received a secondary, verified early Sept...should I drop them an email??
OOSAre you in-state?
So I received an II, got overly enthusiastic and scheduled an interview date because I had access to the calendar and there was a lone date available (which is this upcoming Wednesday), then never got the VITA invitation this past Thursday. Trying to get in contact with student admissions about what to do about this debacle
To anyone interviewing today: did we get a link for the welcome session at 8:30? I only have links for my individual interviews and for the presentation, virtual lunch and virtual tour so I'm a little confused if there is something we log on for before morning interviews
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just checked MSAR and earliest acceptance date is Oct. 15To those that interviewed, were you given a timeframe for when you would hear a decision? Thanks!
Hi there! Did you interview today? Did they give a time frame? For example 6-8 weeks?I just checked MSAR and earliest acceptance date is Oct. 15
No they didn't say specificallyHi there! Did you interview today? Did they give a time frame? For example 6-8 weeks?
To anyone interviewing today: did we get a link for the welcome session at 8:30? I only have links for my individual interviews and for the presentation, virtual lunch and virtual tour so I'm a little confused if there is something we log on for before morning interviews
Wondering about this for my interview on Monday. Did you just use the presentation/lunch/tour link for your welcome session?
For those interested in finding out more about the University Park Track of Penn State COM, we are hosting several zoom open house sessions from October to December! Register at the link below.
All applicants will need to apply and be accepted to the Hershey program before being considered for the UP track. Applying to the UP track does not impact your Hershey application and if accepted to both, you are free to choose which campus to attend.
Sessions available are:
All applicants will need to apply and be accepted to the Hershey program before being considered for the UP track. Applying to the UP track does not impact your Hershey application and if accepted to both, you are free to choose which campus to attend.
Sessions available are:
- 6 p.m. Oct. 6, 2020: UPC track admissions/selection process
- Noon Oct. 15, 2020: Year 1 - an in-depth look
- 6 p.m. Oct. 20, 2020: Year 2 - clerkships
- 6 p.m. Nov. 3, 2020: Year 3 - return to foundational sciences
- Noon Nov. 11, 2020: USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 study prep
- 6 p.m. Nov. 17, 2020: Year 4 and residency prep
- 6 p.m. Dec. 1, 2020: Life in and around State College, Pa.
- 6 p.m. Dec. 3, 2020: Student meet-and-greet
- 6 p.m. Dec. 8, 2020: Faculty meet-and-greet
LoveThat
Full Member
Got antsy and emailed the admissions office. They do not accept any "updates or changes to submitted applications."Does Penn State accept update letters? If so, does anyone know where we are able to submit one?
I didn't get my VITA invite until two Thursdays after I was sent the II. I contacted Penn State and they said to just let them know when I had completed VITA (I ended up interviewing before doing VITA which I'm doing today)Has anyone else still not gotten a VITA invite who was invited to interview yesterday?
Yes this is what I ended up doing and I found myself in the right place!Wondering about this for my interview on Monday. Did you just use the presentation/lunch/tour link for your welcome session?
TriWinning
Pierce the heavens!!
For those interested in finding out more about the University Park Track of Penn State COM, we are hosting several zoom open house sessions from October to December! Register at the link below.
All applicants will need to apply and be accepted to the Hershey program before being considered for the UP track. Applying to the UP track does not impact your Hershey application and if accepted to both, you are free to choose which campus to attend.
Sessions available are:
Register here: University Park Preview Day - Take A Closer Look - Penn State College of Medicine
- 6 p.m. Oct. 6, 2020: UPC track admissions/selection process
- Noon Oct. 15, 2020: Year 1 - an in-depth look
- 6 p.m. Oct. 20, 2020: Year 2 - clerkships
- 6 p.m. Nov. 3, 2020: Year 3 - return to foundational sciences
- Noon Nov. 11, 2020: USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 study prep
- 6 p.m. Nov. 17, 2020: Year 4 and residency prep
- 6 p.m. Dec. 1, 2020: Life in and around State College, Pa.
- 6 p.m. Dec. 3, 2020: Student meet-and-greet
- 6 p.m. Dec. 8, 2020: Faculty meet-and-greet
Is there a dress code for this virtual event?
Business casual is fine!Is there a dress code for this virtual event?
puddingpistachio
New Member
II received this morning! In state, complete on 9/7
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
R
Removed 982794
Are they still doing IS first or have they gotten to OOS?
Anon_medgirl
Full Member
Congrats! When were you complete?Interview Invite this morning!
In state,
510 MCAT
3.6cGPA
3.5 sGPA
3.8 Masters GPA
nontrad
Very excited, waiting on VITA invite now!
+1 also we have the exact same stats haha . fingers crossed good vibes for us!Interview Invite this morning!
In state,
510 MCAT
3.6cGPA
3.5 sGPA
3.8 Masters GPA
nontrad
Very excited, waiting on VITA invite now!
HopefulfutureMD2222
New Member
Received an II today and already completed my VITA, but only see 1 date available for interviews- is anyone else having this issue?