2020-2021 Rutgers (New Jersey)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How do you know
Oh I have no clue, just projecting positivity into tomorrow...We getting in boys!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
this is definitely a stupid question but is there a time by which we have to let them know if we are withdrawing our acceptance today?

Members don't see this ad :)
The movement from the priority alternate list from previous years is not looking so hot...anyone have any insight?

This is my second year on the waitlist. Movement isn't the best sadly.

Quick question: this was the only school that never gave me a decision lol soooo I'm wondering if this is a soft R or if I should look deeper into it? I did not receive an I nor did I get a pre-I R. As every other applicant, I spent so much time preparing my application, taking mcat, doing CASPER, paid for the applications, etc just for them to ignore me.I find this extremely disrespectful and unprofessional because I didn't even get any communications from them (except for their Holiday concert).

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Quick question: this was the only school that never gave me a decision lol soooo I'm wondering if this is a soft R or if I should look deeper into it? I did not receive an I nor did I get a pre-I R. As every other applicant, I spent so much time preparing my application, taking mcat, doing CASPER, paid for the applications, etc just for them to ignore me.I find this extremely disrespectful and unprofessional because I didn't even get any communications from them (except for their Holiday concert).
agreed but this is how they are. they'll prob send out mass R wave at the very very end of the cycle..im talking july.

i havent gotten anyhting from them or Albany med so far

Reactions: 1 user

99% sure, it will be a soft-R or a extremely delayed R. NJMS wasn't even able to get back to interviewed students in a timely fashion, highly doubt their even thinking of those who didn't interview. Very unprofessional but they don't need us, we need them. I'm also waiting for like 5 schools to get back to me.

Reactions: 5 users
Finally got the pre-II R!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It's been 8 months since I payed this school to review my app and I can't even get a response lmao what a joke
Finally got that rejection boys let's go

GUYS i interviewed 1/25. 14 weeks ago.
updates obviously. but silence. nothing.

MY HYPOTHETICAL BABY WOULD BE IN ITS SECOND TRIMESTER

im going crazy bye

edit: happy for eeryone who got in though, and praying fo us WL gang
Lol if it makes you feel better I interviewed 1/5 and still nothing!!!! Hanging on by a thread rn

Wow... all I have to say is NJMS really needs to work on getting back to applicants in a timely and fair manner. Not a great look. I'm sorry to hear about those major delays.

has anybody gotten accepted to NJMS with a sub 126 MCAT in the sciences? just curious on if thats what held me back here.

Anyone hear anything from the priority or regular alternate list? or perhaps from Dr. H himself?

So I ended up going through previous years' threads and someone mentioned that the admissions committee meets on Thursdays usually so maybe there will be some news this weekend? Again this info is like 2 years old and I literally have no basis for it except that someone on SDN said it so take that as you will lol

Last edited:
So I ended up going through previous years' threads and someone mentioned that the admissions committee meets on Thursdays usually so maybe there will be some news this weekend? Again this info is like 2 years old and I literally have no basis for it expect that someone on SDN said it so take that as you will lol
loll I have a low threshold at this point--will continue to be neurotic this weekend!!

• Haha
Has anyone received an A or call from Dr H in the recent past? How recently? Lol it seems like it’s been silence for so long for all of us, but obv some have gotten A’s and R’s sooooo
It’s probably people who aren’t on SDN.

Dr. Heinrich where you at my dude?

• Care
Dr. Heinrich where you at my dude?
The admissions website for NJMS updated a few weeks ago to say that candidates will be accepted off of the alternate list starting in Mid-June. I'm thinking that they're going to get back to all of the late-spring interviewees who haven't heard back yet before they start to pull off of the waitlist. Sounds like it's going to be a while...

The admissions website for NJMS updated a few weeks ago to say that candidates will be accepted off of the alternate list starting in Mid-June. I'm thinking that they're going to get back to all of the late-spring interviewees who haven't heard back yet before they start to pull off of the waitlist. Sounds like it's going to be a while...
Could you post a screenshot of that here? I can’t find it.

BTW anyone here who did not get that upcoming alternate list review email?

I’m talking about the admissions website update lol
No I see that, just offering my anecdote...I find it hard to believe that they are taking this long to take a look at the few applicants they interviewed after me...

Are you regular or priority alt list?

No I see that, just offering my anecdote...I find it hard to believe that they are taking this long to take a look at the few applicants they interviewed after me...

Are you regular or priority alt list?
Oh I get what your saying now ! 😂 and I’m on priority alt list.

Oh I get what your saying now ! 😂 and I’m on priority alt list.
That’s weird...I’m going to email dr H and ask about all this stuff so if/when he gets back to me, I’ll update you guys:)

I am speculating but I think this is updated for the upcoming cycle. When you look at important dates, they have 2021 on it already and also mention June, whereas all our recent email communications say they start reviewing alt applicants in May.

When did you get this? What did it say?
April 23, and it was just basically saying that they’re going to begin review of high priority alt list and would like to hear updates or interest in njms (and to send an email to them).

Hi guys, I'm probably reapplying to NJMS. Was wondering if anyone emailed the dean to talk about individual applications? I heard that he frequently meets with applicants to tell them what he thinks, do you just email him?

Hi guys, I'm probably reapplying to NJMS. Was wondering if anyone emailed the dean to talk about individual applications? I heard that he frequently meets with applicants to tell them what he thinks, do you just email him?
You can email the dean directly for feedback, that's what my friend did last year. Along that line, is anyone planning to apply ED to NJMS this cycle? I know you're supposed to ask the dean before applying but I'm wondering if it's too early.

Can anyone who can answer some questions about NJMS pm me? I'm sure its been answered before but I kind of have my schools mixed up and wanted to confirm some basic things about mandatory/recorded lectures, nbme style exams, p/f or ranking, safety of the area, etc.

I wonder if any international student has gotten accepted here this cycle?

Anybody on priority alt talk to Dr H recently?
I emailed the admissions, not Dr. H directly, on a Monday asking about a timeline of decisions for priority alt and *crickets*

• Sad
I emailed the admissions, not Dr. H directly, on a Monday asking about a timeline of decisions for priority alt and *crickets*
From creeping the past years it looks like whatever movement we do see will be either late May (20s) or late June :(. Trying not to give up hope would really love to go to Rutgers NJMS.

• Care
From creeping the past years it looks like whatever movement we do see will be either late May (20s) or late June :(. Trying not to give up hope would really love to go to Rutgers NJMS.
I noticed that too and the movement seemed very small.

I've talked to him a couple weeks ago and he said it's going to be difficult to to process what seats will be available until around mid-June.

I'm assuming that is because NJMS likes to wait until 90% of waitlist movement is over to start pulling from their priority/alt lists.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Just got placed on priority alt list today :cryi:

• Care
WTF is going on with NJMS this year lmao....

• Sad