2020-2021 SUNY - Upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else not receive a secondary for this school yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else have "missing items" from app? I submitted mid last week (IS) and my Casper and LORs are missing even though I was verified in like June.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get a “missing payment” email today if u submitted on the weekend. Even though u got the email for payment after u paid

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone get a “missing payment” email today if u submitted on the weekend. Even though u got the email for payment after u paid

+1.
I think they said it takes a few business days to process so just disregard the email

I'm a OOS, but have strong ties to the area and family I'm very close with there. I've read there's a preference for IS; I'm wasn't sure if my ties to the area would help my chances or not. I was hoping there would be a section I could talk about that on the secondary. Is it worth trying to incorporate at this point of the process?

Anyone else have their LORs and Casper still not marked as received? Submitted about a week ago now

I gave them a call this morning and they looked into my file for me. Said they hadn't received my letter yet, so wrote to AMCAS and then AMCAS said they sent it. Later that day my portal said they received my letter :) but still no Casper yet. Submitted 7/29.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else have their LORs and Casper still not marked as received? Submitted about a week ago now

Same! Does anyone have all of it marked received? If so, how long did it take??

I see someone put in an II in the MD interview tracker form today ()

I just called the admissions office and they said there is a technical glitch with uploading casper score for everyone and they are trying to resolve that

For this prompt, "If you are interested in Primary Care, are you interested in receiving more information about potential scholarship opportunities?" There is a little box to write. Did anyone write an essay for this question? I am interested in primary care, but not sure if it's okay to just write "Yes"

For this prompt, "If you are interested in Primary Care, are you interested in receiving more information about potential scholarship opportunities?" There is a little box to write. Did anyone write an essay for this question? I am interested in primary care, but not sure if it's okay to just write "Yes"
I think you could go either way. The fact that it's not a yes/no clickable option, and that it has no character limit (I think?) implies you could dig in deeper here. Personally I just said "yes" as I had already discussed my interests in the specialty question.

Same, I took it July 30 and I think scores were released yesterday because I got a bunch of complete notifs from other places, but not SUNY. I think they're just slow cause it took them like 3 days to verify my payment

Yep no complete email yet. Last one was payment missing lmao. But it says they got my payment on their status page. Guess they are just slow in the process at this moment.

Same, I took it July 30 and I think scores were released yesterday because I got a bunch of complete notifs from other places, but not SUNY. I think they're just slow cause it took them like 3 days to verify my payment
I spoke with them about the CASPER issue a week ago, it seems like they were manually uploading the scores into each person's application so don't worry too much. It took almost two weeks for them to upload my CASPER score to my profile.

Someone on the interview tracker posted one interview like last week but there’s no secondary complete date or mcat score and some missing info. So I don’t trust it

Someone on the interview tracker posted one interview like last week but there’s no secondary complete date or mcat score and some missing info. So I don’t trust it
They must have thought that spreadsheet was for when secondaries were received. Could see people interpreting "II" as secondary like the number 2. But who knows lol

Reactions: 1 users
Casper marked received today on the portal finally!! (even though it was sent like July 30th I believe)

II like an hour ago! First one in 2 cycles. Complete 7/31

Reactions: 5 users
I never got a complete email and I submitted my app 7/25. Last email is a missing payment one even though its complete on portal. Anyone else in the same boat

I never got a complete email and I submitted my app 7/25. Last email is a missing payment one even though its complete on portal. Anyone else in the same boat
I didn't get an official "complete" email either. Everything is marked received in my portal though. I got the missing payment email before I even submitted my app though

I also didn’t receive an official complete email

Hi, I am an international student with stats of 3.91/518. I have around 300 hr volunteering experience and 4000 hr research. Does anyone know how likely I will get an II? I know it's different and less likely for international students but just wondering.

Primary sent in Aug 10th and no secondary yet, do they take a while or do they screen applications? Orrrrr just slower cuz of Covid?

Just emailed them and asked if my application was complete as I hadn't gotten an email. They responded back saying it was, and a few minutes later got the complete email. Submitted 7/30

Just emailed them and asked if my application was complete as I hadn't gotten an email. They responded back saying it was, and a few minutes later got the complete email. Submitted 7/30
Just got the email as well, submitted 7/28, but there were issues with CASPER etc. For anyone that has gotten the complete email, where did they say they were forwarding your application to? They just said they were sending mine to the College of Graduate Studies...

Just got the email as well, submitted 7/28, but there were issues with CASPER etc. For anyone that has gotten the complete email, where did they say they were forwarding your application to? They just said they were sending mine to the College of Graduate Studies...
Mine just said this:

"This email is to inform you that your application to SUNY Upstate Medical University is now complete. Once the Committee has completed their evaluation of your application and credentials, a status notification will be sent to you informing you of their decision.
Sincerely,"

Haha, I had this issue too! I just emailed them again and they confirmed that my application is to the College of Medicine and that they apologize that they are having technical difficulties.

Haha, I had this issue too! I just emailed them again and they confirmed that my application is to the College of Medicine and that they apologize that they are having technical difficulties.
Thank you for letting me know! I just emailed them, but the reassurance is definitely needed. I got a little scared that I had messed up my application.

Just got an email saying my application is complete but I submitted like a month ago...I kept getting emails from them saying there are missing items even though I already had everything...I think that hurt my chance a little bit...

Thank you for letting me know! I just emailed them, but the reassurance is definitely needed. I got a little scared that I had messed up my application.
Of course!! Don't worry I freaked out too. With all these applications there's bound to be an error somewhere

Of course!! Don't worry I freaked out too. With all these applications there's bound to be an error somewhere
I also know of a 514 3.7 orm oos who got one today so I don't exactly know their order or parameters

I got three different emails. One said College of Medicine and two said College of Graduate Studies lol. I think it's their old system w/ all the glitches. Also submitted 3+ weeks ago and just got this email