2020-2021 SUNY - Upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same here, I submitted on July 27, got the email today about College of Graduate Studies and another email apologizing about the error right after.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I first got the right email, then an email apologizing for sending the wrong email. then the wrong email. I'm not even fazed at this point.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Earlier this summer I could've sworn Upstate was on the list for using the AAMC VITA thing, but now they're not on it. Am I going crazy?

Members don't see this ad :)
Earlier this summer I could've sworn Upstate was on the list for using the AAMC VITA thing, but now they're not on it. Am I going crazy?
I definitely did! So weird that they removed it (but would be happy if so!)

Anyone’s Casper scores still missing? They said that they’re still waiting for it and it takes some time. Most other schools received mine mid-July.

Congrats to all the II’s. Seems like so far they doing high stats/ URM. My mid stat orms keep ur head up!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
It’s also only August I just got released from a 2019-2020 waist list a week ago. So we got quite a way to go

To clarify:
We understand that the COVID-19 crisis in Spring 2020 disrupted many aspects of our lives. Please share if you had any curricular impacts during this time, for example, change to pass/fail courses or to online coursework or if you anticipate any deficiencies in experiences as a result of COVID-19.

This prompt is only asking about academic things, like deficiencies in prereqs, right? Not other impacts of COVID on your app?

edit: Am probably going to put non-curricular impacts of COVID under weakness prompt. Thoughts on doing that?

Last edited:
To clarify:
We understand that the COVID-19 crisis in Spring 2020 disrupted many aspects of our lives. Please share if you had any curricular impacts during this time, for example, change to pass/fail courses or to online coursework or if you anticipate any deficiencies in experiences as a result of COVID-19.

This prompt is only asking about academic things, like deficiencies in prereqs, right? Not other impacts of COVID on your app?

edit: Am probably going to put non-curricular impacts of COVID under weakness prompt. Thoughts on doing that?
They say "deficiencies in experiences" I take that to mean extracurricular issues.

Reactions: 1 users
Does SUNY value nyc ties? for example i was born and raised in nyc but moved to a diff state after I graduated hs. went to a college out of nyc for 2 years and then transferred back to nyc for my junior year

I had a 511 MCAT and a 3.8 Post Bac, undergrad was non-science major

I think you could go either way. The fact that it's not a yes/no clickable option, and that it has no character limit (I think?) implies you could dig in deeper here. Personally I just said "yes" as I had already discussed my interests in the specialty question.
Does interest in internal medicine count as also potential interest in primary care? I put interest in internal medicine but open to scholarships for primary care. Any idea how I should go about this?

Does interest in internal medicine count as also potential interest in primary care? I put interest in internal medicine but open to scholarships for primary care. Any idea how I should go about this?

Primary care is the umbrella term and includes internal med in it. You're good

I realized that Upstate requires 3 semester hours of Statistics. Since my college is a quarter system, I took one quarter (4 units) of statistics. After I tried to look up on AMCAS conversions, I realized my one quarter of Statistics is only 2.7 semester hours. I was wondering if that one quarter of Statistics that I took in college would still qualify for Statistics requirement since it's only 2.7 semester hours instead of 3 semester hours. Do I need to take another stats class?

Does anyone know if the interviews will be online? I assumed yes, but then I started seeing all of the "campus directions" and "visit to our campus" and I can't find anything supporting it being online....

how long does it take to get a secondary from here? im OOS and transmitted my primary last week

I submitted my secondary on 8/11 and still never received a complete email. Is this normal or should I email them asking whats up.

i initially thought this interview was MMI but the portal just updated to say its 2 traditional interviews which are 20-25 mins each. anyone have any additional info about this?

II just now! Complete 8/14, IS, ORM, 510

II as well! Complete 7/23 OOS but strong ties to Upstate NY, LM 72

Last edited:
Just got an II! Complete 08/18, GPA: 3.78, 512. The interviews will be online

Did you get it at the same time as the people who posted before you or literally just now within the hour? I have the same stats as you and the same complete date but nothing for me :(
I was complete on 7/25 and kept seeing people getting them who were complete after me! Don’t stress out. You’re still in the running

• Love
Just got an II! Complete 08/18, GPA: 3.78, 512. The interviews will be online
Congratulations! When is the earliest interview date you saw on the portal? The earliest I saw was 11/9..but that seems weirdly late to me...more than 2 months away?

Congratulations! When is the earliest interview date you saw on the portal? The earliest I saw was 11/9..but that seems weirdly late to me...more than 2 months away?
When I got on, the next earliest was the 28th and I took that. They mentioned something about being able to go on a waitlist for an earlier date though. Not sure how to do it

Congratulations! When is the earliest interview date you saw on the portal? It just seems crazy to me that the first one I saw was 2+ months away. I feel like I did something wrong.
10/28 is what I meant in my previous post

When I got on, the next earliest was the 28th and I took that. They mentioned something about being able to go on a waitlist for an earlier date though. Not sure how to do it
Thanks! I signed up for the waitlist and maybe I'll just keep checking back every once in a while.