You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 SUNY - Upstate
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I first got the right email, then an email apologizing for sending the wrong email. then the wrong email. I'm not even fazed at this point.
Earlier this summer I could've sworn Upstate was on the list for using the AAMC VITA thing, but now they're not on it. Am I going crazy?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
RosieRose924
Full Member
I thought the same thingEarlier this summer I could've sworn Upstate was on the list for using the AAMC VITA thing, but now they're not on it. Am I going crazy?
Earlier this summer I could've sworn Upstate was on the list for using the AAMC VITA thing, but now they're not on it. Am I going crazy?
Same here, I though I saw them on the list as well.I thought the same thing
retro2021
Full Member
I definitely did! So weird that they removed it (but would be happy if so!)Earlier this summer I could've sworn Upstate was on the list for using the AAMC VITA thing, but now they're not on it. Am I going crazy?
II just now, IS!
D
deleted1054798
Congrats!!! Stats and are u urm?II just now, IS!
3.9/523, and yup urmCongrats!!! Stats and are u urm?
bagellover017
New Member
Congratulations! When you submitted your application did you receive a complete email?II just now, IS!
I did! About 8 days after submitting. Complete on 8/14Congratulations! When you submitted your application did you receive a complete email?
D
deleted1054798
Congrats to all the II’s. Seems like so far they doing high stats/ URM. My mid stat orms keep ur head up!!!
D
deleted1034652
It’s also only August I just got released from a 2019-2020 waist list a week ago. So we got quite a way to go
joshuamarcus
Full Member
How r they gonna send me this many complete emails 😵
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
macbrian97
Full Member
II today!! IS, 3.75/514 ORM
joshuamarcus
Full Member
II today!! IS, 3.75/514 ORM
Did you get multiple complete emails? Or was the second one I got just a rejection
D
deleted1054798
You got a rejection? When were u completeDid you get multiple complete emails? Or was the second one I got just a rejection
macbrian97
Full Member
I did get multiple complete emailsDid you get multiple complete emails? Or was the second one I got just a rejection
To clarify:
This prompt is only asking about academic things, like deficiencies in prereqs, right? Not other impacts of COVID on your app?
edit: Am probably going to put non-curricular impacts of COVID under weakness prompt. Thoughts on doing that?
| We understand that the COVID-19 crisis in Spring 2020 disrupted many aspects of our lives. Please share if you had any curricular impacts during this time, for example, change to pass/fail courses or to online coursework or if you anticipate any deficiencies in experiences as a result of COVID-19. |
This prompt is only asking about academic things, like deficiencies in prereqs, right? Not other impacts of COVID on your app?
edit: Am probably going to put non-curricular impacts of COVID under weakness prompt. Thoughts on doing that?
Last edited:
They say "deficiencies in experiences" I take that to mean extracurricular issues.To clarify:
We understand that the COVID-19 crisis in Spring 2020 disrupted many aspects of our lives. Please share if you had any curricular impacts during this time, for example, change to pass/fail courses or to online coursework or if you anticipate any deficiencies in experiences as a result of COVID-19.
This prompt is only asking about academic things, like deficiencies in prereqs, right? Not other impacts of COVID on your app?
edit: Am probably going to put non-curricular impacts of COVID under weakness prompt. Thoughts on doing that?
Does SUNY Upstate accept updates?
Does SUNY value nyc ties? for example i was born and raised in nyc but moved to a diff state after I graduated hs. went to a college out of nyc for 2 years and then transferred back to nyc for my junior year
D
deleted1034652
II!!! IS complete beginning of August
II!!! IS complete beginning of August
Congrats !!! May I ask what your stats were like? I am OOS but have very strong ties to nyc and mine was completed yesterday
D
deleted1034652
I had a 511 MCAT and a 3.8 Post Bac, undergrad was non-science major
premed_777
Full Member
Does interest in internal medicine count as also potential interest in primary care? I put interest in internal medicine but open to scholarships for primary care. Any idea how I should go about this?I think you could go either way. The fact that it's not a yes/no clickable option, and that it has no character limit (I think?) implies you could dig in deeper here. Personally I just said "yes" as I had already discussed my interests in the specialty question.
Does interest in internal medicine count as also potential interest in primary care? I put interest in internal medicine but open to scholarships for primary care. Any idea how I should go about this?
Primary care is the umbrella term and includes internal med in it. You're good
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premed_777
Full Member
I realized that Upstate requires 3 semester hours of Statistics. Since my college is a quarter system, I took one quarter (4 units) of statistics. After I tried to look up on AMCAS conversions, I realized my one quarter of Statistics is only 2.7 semester hours. I was wondering if that one quarter of Statistics that I took in college would still qualify for Statistics requirement since it's only 2.7 semester hours instead of 3 semester hours. Do I need to take another stats class?
mrmystery112358
Full Member
Does anyone know if the interviews will be online? I assumed yes, but then I started seeing all of the "campus directions" and "visit to our campus" and I can't find anything supporting it being online....
how long does it take to get a secondary from here? im OOS and transmitted my primary last week
I have been waiting on one for a week now... I may call them in a few days.how long does it take to get a secondary from here? im OOS and transmitted my primary last week
IS or OOS ? URM or ORM ?Just got an II! Complete 08/18, GPA: 3.78, 512. The interviews will be online
II earlier today! IS ORM 516 3.98
I was complete on 7/25 and kept seeing people getting them who were complete after me! Don’t stress out. You’re still in the runningDid you get it at the same time as the people who posted before you or literally just now within the hour? I have the same stats as you and the same complete date but nothing for me 🙁
D
deleted1064749
I was complete on 7/25 and kept seeing people getting them who were complete after me! Don’t stress out. You’re still in the running
thank you for the reassurance :') congrats!
II this afternoon. 3.66, 518, IS. Complete 8/14
Congratulations! When is the earliest interview date you saw on the portal? The earliest I saw was 11/9..but that seems weirdly late to me...more than 2 months away?Just got an II! Complete 08/18, GPA: 3.78, 512. The interviews will be online
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations! When is the earliest interview date you saw on the portal? It just seems crazy to me that the first one I saw was 2+ months away. I feel like I did something wrong.II earlier today! IS ORM 516 3.98
When I got on, the next earliest was the 28th and I took that. They mentioned something about being able to go on a waitlist for an earlier date though. Not sure how to do itCongratulations! When is the earliest interview date you saw on the portal? The earliest I saw was 11/9..but that seems weirdly late to me...more than 2 months away?
10/28 is what I meant in my previous postCongratulations! When is the earliest interview date you saw on the portal? It just seems crazy to me that the first one I saw was 2+ months away. I feel like I did something wrong.
Thanks! I signed up for the waitlist and maybe I'll just keep checking back every once in a while.When I got on, the next earliest was the 28th and I took that. They mentioned something about being able to go on a waitlist for an earlier date though. Not sure how to do it
II! IS Complete 7/23