You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 SUNY - Upstate
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Internationalphysician
Full Member
Any MD/PhD II yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
EasyBreesy
New Member
Anyone know how to submit the payment after you submit the secondary? My application got moved to the "Processed Applications" section but I do not see a way to submit the Supplemental Application Fee.
D
deleted944360
Hi, for anyone who was approved for FAP, did you just forward the email from AAMC which says your fee waiver has been approved to the SUNY Upstate admissions office to get a waiver for the secondary app?
Hi all! Do we know for certain that the interview is virtual? I see things about virtual info sessions and and campus tours, but nothing about the actual interview other than it's two 20-25 minute interviews with a staff member and student. I just realized this as my interview is on Monday 9/14, and I'm currently working in Colorado. Definitely won't be able to travel to Syracuse next week...
II on 8/13, IS, 3.92/515 Complete 7/26.
II on 8/13, IS, 3.92/515 Complete 7/26.
D
deleted1034652
Yes it is virtual I confirmed it with the admissions office.Hi all! Do we know for certain that the interview is virtual? I see things about virtual info sessions and and campus tours, but nothing about the actual interview other than it's two 20-25 minute interviews with a staff member and student. I just realized this as my interview is on Monday 9/14, and I'm currently working in Colorado. Definitely won't be able to travel to Syracuse next week...
II on 8/13, IS, 3.92/515 Complete 7/26.
i submitted my secondary yesterday and my fee but when i click on processed applications and my application for fall 2021, i dont see it marked as received in either the secondary or the fee??
This happened to me. My secondary fee is still not marked as complete.i submitted my secondary yesterday and my fee but when i click on processed applications and my application for fall 2021, i dont see it marked as received in either the secondary or the fee??
Anyone know how to submit the payment after you submit the secondary? My application got moved to the "Processed Applications" section but I do not see a way to submit the Supplemental Application Fee.
Did you reach out to admissions about this? I have the same exact issue. I got timed out while looking for my credit card and when I logged back in, my application was marked as "processed" and I received a secondary received email. Didn't submit my $110 payment yet.
worriedbanana
New Member
would also like to knowHi, for anyone who was approved for FAP, did you just forward the email from AAMC which says your fee waiver has been approved to the SUNY Upstate admissions office to get a waiver for the secondary app?
D
deleted1064749
would also like to know
that's what I did - literally pressed forward on the email and wrote a message saying hi i'm so and so and this is my fee waiver. they marked everything received a few days later.
did people actually fill the 1800 for the specialty question? I have a couple ideas and I am thinking I will just pick one I am considering but idk if I have that much to say about it...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
did people actually fill the 1800 for the specialty question? I have a couple ideas and I am thinking I will just pick one I am considering but idk if I have that much to say about it...
Mine was 1300 and I have lots of experience in that field/pretty sure that's what I want to do. It should be like 50 words imo since most pre-meds don't know for sure.
RosieRose924
Full Member
II just now!! IS, ORM, complete 8/14
First available date was 11/18 and the next one was in December
First available date was 11/18 and the next one was in December
Same, that's what I had to sign up for but I'm def going on the waitlist for something earlier!II just now!! IS, ORM, complete 8/14
First available date was 11/18 and the next one was in December
D
deleted1064749
II just now!! IS, ORM, complete 8/14
First available date was 11/18 and the next one was in December
Question for you (and others with interviews)! Are you counting the complete date of their last email notification or the initial one? Like I got one complete email on 8/14 but then another one on 8/18 because I think they had a mess up
RosieRose924
Full Member
The initial, I also got one 8/14 and another 8/18Question for you (and others with interviews)! Are you counting the complete date of their last email notification or the initial one? Like I got one complete email on 8/14 but then another one on 8/18 because I think they had a mess up
I have an interview with Upstate this Wednesday, which I have been preparing for quite some time, and I literally just read that they are no longer using MMI but rather two traditional interviews.
Does anyone know when Upstate made this decision? I gotta get new glasses..
Does anyone know when Upstate made this decision? I gotta get new glasses..
And did anyone already attend their 'Meet and Greet' session?I have an interview with Upstate this Wednesday, which I have been preparing for quite some time, and I literally just read that they are no longer using MMI but rather two traditional interviews.
Does anyone know when Upstate made this decision? I gotta get new glasses..
I have an interview with Upstate this Wednesday, which I have been preparing for quite some time, and I literally just read that they are no longer using MMI but rather two traditional interviews.
Does anyone know when Upstate made this decision? I gotta get new glasses..
Was this stated in their email? I didn't read anything about it changing
In their emails they never mentioned anything, but on the MSAR it always said (and still says) that they use MMI.Was this stated in their email? I didn't read anything about it changing
However, if you log onto their secondary portal, click on the interview page, it then says they use 2 traditional, 20-25 minute interviews
inked.cuse
Full Member
Yikes this is news to me too. I thought they were somehow doing virtual MMI.In their emails they never mentioned anything, but on the MSAR it always said (and still says) that they use MMI.
However, if you log onto their secondary portal, click on the interview page, it then says they use 2 traditional, 20-25 minute interviews
One of the few OOS state schools that showed me love, good luck to all of the applicants!
bigfish123
New Member
just noticed that too ripI have an interview with Upstate this Wednesday, which I have been preparing for quite some time, and I literally just read that they are no longer using MMI but rather two traditional interviews.
Does anyone know when Upstate made this decision? I gotta get new glasses..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@adamir154 @bigfish123 @inked.cuse @Archemia
Hello, they made the switch from MMI to traditional interviews due to COVID. The MMI-style format was not conducive to virtual interviews.
Best of luck on your interview day!
You certainly don't have to fill this question. As a general rule: Whenever filling out applications, be honest and succinct.
Hello, they made the switch from MMI to traditional interviews due to COVID. The MMI-style format was not conducive to virtual interviews.
Best of luck on your interview day!
This question is designed to gauge applicant interest but I can't imagine it plays a significant role in most, if any, AdCom members.did people actually fill the 1800 for the specialty question? I have a couple ideas and I am thinking I will just pick one I am considering but idk if I have that much to say about it...
You certainly don't have to fill this question. As a general rule: Whenever filling out applications, be honest and succinct.
Complete today, submitted Aug 21st
Just got a we have received your application email today after a complete email back on august 21st. Is this normal to get multiple emails?
joshuamarcus
Full Member
Just got a we have received your application email today after a complete email back on august 21st. Is this normal to get multiple emails?
Literally the 4th complete email I’ve gotten. What r they doing
I just got an email subject line “SUNY Upstate - Application Status” and it said:
“Thank you for applying to SUNY Upstate Medical University! Your application has been received!
Please allow two business days for your application to be processed and register in your checklist as having been received.
Now that your application has been submitted, if any changes or updates arise that you would like the committee to consider, you may upload relevant documents by logging into your MyUpstate account. The upload section will appear at the bottom of the page when you log in. Examples of relevant updates might include information pertaining to new grades and/or experiences (research/volunteer/community service/paid employment etc.).
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected] or 315-464-4570.”
...even though I got an application complete email on 8/14. My heart jumped when I first got it thinking I got an II! Anyone else?
“Thank you for applying to SUNY Upstate Medical University! Your application has been received!
Please allow two business days for your application to be processed and register in your checklist as having been received.
Now that your application has been submitted, if any changes or updates arise that you would like the committee to consider, you may upload relevant documents by logging into your MyUpstate account. The upload section will appear at the bottom of the page when you log in. Examples of relevant updates might include information pertaining to new grades and/or experiences (research/volunteer/community service/paid employment etc.).
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected] or 315-464-4570.”
...even though I got an application complete email on 8/14. My heart jumped when I first got it thinking I got an II! Anyone else?
happythoughtss
Full Member
I just got an email subject line “SUNY Upstate - Application Status” and it said:
“Thank you for applying to SUNY Upstate Medical University! Your application has been received!
Please allow two business days for your application to be processed and register in your checklist as having been received.
Now that your application has been submitted, if any changes or updates arise that you would like the committee to consider, you may upload relevant documents by logging into your MyUpstate account. The upload section will appear at the bottom of the page when you log in. Examples of relevant updates might include information pertaining to new grades and/or experiences (research/volunteer/community service/paid employment etc.).
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected] or 315-464-4570.”
...even though I got an application complete email on 8/14. My heart jumped when I first got it thinking I got an II! Anyone else?
Also received this and am pretty confused. I submitted application in August and received 3 complete emails prior to this one. Can anyone speak to this odd application status email?? Also, is there a place to check what this current status may be
Ok glad to hear I wasn't the only one... They sent my application to the graduate school at first too...Literally the 4th complete email I’ve gotten. What r they doing
YES! I got the same exact one! And got the same application complete email on 8/14 (for the graduate school) and 8/18 (for the school of medicine). I'm wondering if this is just an internal errorI just got an email subject line “SUNY Upstate - Application Status” and it said:
“Thank you for applying to SUNY Upstate Medical University! Your application has been received!
Please allow two business days for your application to be processed and register in your checklist as having been received.
Now that your application has been submitted, if any changes or updates arise that you would like the committee to consider, you may upload relevant documents by logging into your MyUpstate account. The upload section will appear at the bottom of the page when you log in. Examples of relevant updates might include information pertaining to new grades and/or experiences (research/volunteer/community service/paid employment etc.).
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected] or 315-464-4570.”
...even though I got an application complete email on 8/14. My heart jumped when I first got it thinking I got an II! Anyone else?
D
deleted1054719
I got an II maybe a week ago and got this email too FWIW
+6ish for the 4th iteration of a complete email. My heart also skipped, but I thought it was an R since it just said status haha. Sounds like almost everyone got it?
YES! I got the same exact one! And got the same application complete email on 8/14 (for the graduate school) and 8/18 (for the school of medicine). I'm wondering if this is just an internal error
I just got an email subject line “SUNY Upstate - Application Status” and it said:
“Thank you for applying to SUNY Upstate Medical University! Your application has been received!
Please allow two business days for your application to be processed and register in your checklist as having been received.
Now that your application has been submitted, if any changes or updates arise that you would like the committee to consider, you may upload relevant documents by logging into your MyUpstate account. The upload section will appear at the bottom of the page when you log in. Examples of relevant updates might include information pertaining to new grades and/or experiences (research/volunteer/community service/paid employment etc.).
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected] or 315-464-4570.”
...even though I got an application complete email on 8/14. My heart jumped when I first got it thinking I got an II! Anyone else?
Also received this and am pretty confused. I submitted application in August and received 3 complete emails prior to this one. Can anyone speak to this odd application status email?? Also, is there a place to check what this current status may be
retro2021
Full Member
From your virtual lips to any greater power's ears hahaI got an II maybe a week ago and got this email too FWIW
D
deleted1057987
received a complete email aug 18th and today just got a "application has been received" email lol what
me tooJust got a we have received your application email today after a complete email back on august 21st. Is this normal to get multiple emails?
+7 hahahaI got an II maybe a week ago and got this email too FWIW
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
focused_908
New Member
Hi! I have an upcoming interview with Upstate and I am a bit confused about the format. The interview page says the format is 2 traditional 20 min interviews. However, on the PDF for the meet and greet sessions, they say its an MMI interview.
Does anyone know what the actual interview format for Upstate will be?
Does anyone know what the actual interview format for Upstate will be?
D
deleted1054719
Traditional. MMI was before, they just didnt change the PDFHi! I have an upcoming interview with Upstate and I am a bit confused about the format. The interview page says the format is 2 traditional 20 min interviews. However, on the PDF for the meet and greet sessions, they say its an MMI interview.
Does anyone know what the actual interview format for Upstate will be?
happythoughtss
Full Member
Called Upstate, it was an error and they said to disregard the email lol
futuremd8822
Full Member
+1Ya'll they sent it again. They Wild'n out rn! Just sent an II already. I know you want to.